2009 Ford Flex

Based on 206 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

A well-executed multi-mover

By on Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Pros: "Practical, well-made, QUIET, easy in/out"

Cons: "expensive,depreciates fast, no arm rests for rear"

"I'm very satisfied with this vehicle and would recommend it to anyone. My complaints are few. Probably the biggest are these: 1) The lack of arm rests on the rear passengers. You really miss something to rest your arm upon when you sit back there. 2) I can fault the Ford Sync system (thanks Microsoft) as well for being balky and clunky, but I rarely use Sync because the on-board navigation is all I need and it is independent of Sync. 3) I would rate the on-board navigation at 8 out of 10. I have seen better Nav systems that automatically detect traffic issues for example, and it can get confused trying to find locations within or around shopping malls, but all-in-all, it works very satisfactorily. I hear that Ford wants $150 for navigation map updates, though, which is absolutely ridiculous. 4) The center console is extremely awkward to open due to its position and length. The lid is so long that trying to open it while driving could very easily be a safety hazard. Other than those things, I am very happy with the vehicle. The fit/finish and materials quality are very good to excellent, and it is quiet on the road. I can depend on 21 mpg and occasionally get a tad more. The 285hp V6 is quite adequate. The controls have a quality feel to them. The display options for the dash are useful. I have had NO issues with the vehicle in 2 years and 50k miles. It is an expensive vehicle for what you get, compared to others like Honda Odyssey or Toyota Sienna, and Ford has traditionally had trouble with quality in their prior minivan products (notoriously, the Windstar), so I suppose that's the cause for the market resistance to the Flex and its high depreciation, but I think that they hit the mark this time, or at least got VERY close."

Would buy again.

By on Thursday, April 02, 2015

"Basically love the vehicle.Very quiet.Easy handling.Great on the road.Has been very reliable. Only complaint is the unpredictable Sync system.Frustrating at times.Have heard similar complaints about other makes of autos. Would buy again."

Simply outstanding vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable, Spacious, Good mpg for large car"

Cons: "Perhaps cup holder utility"

"I've owned or driven a lot vehicles of various makes & sizes. This one is way ahead of whatever the second choice might be. Extremely comfortable ride, very responsive & stable handling, spacious with plenty of room for the big & tall yet comfy & secure for the short & small. Good view all around - better than any others that I recall. Very satisfied with fuel mpg for a large, heavy vehicle - approx. 22.5 mpg over the 56,000 miles so far, don't remember a tank under 20 mpg, not uncommon to get 26.5 for a tank all highway miles. Has plenty of power & stability even pulling about 4,000 pound trailer. The ride & handling are firm & definitive - not mushy and wallowy like some "luxury" vehicles I've driven, therefore, if you want the mushy floating feeling, it may not be as comfortable for you. Only a couple of minor issues that were quickly remedied by the dealer under warranty."

I love this car

By on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Pros: "very comfortable"

"I have been very happy with this vehicle since I bought it."

Best Car I have ever owned!

By on Monday, March 23, 2015

Pros: "Style, Comfort, Speed, Storage, TON of cup holders"

Cons: "Nothing. Clearance takes getting used to after 150"

"The flex on first sight for me was love! LOVE the shape, once I got in it was a done deal! Rides SOOO smooth but has the ECOBOOST to get me going where I need in a jiffy! Would highly recommend this car to anyone! Mother in law bought one after going on a road trip with us! Best long distance car average money can buy! AWD has no problem getting me up in to the Salt lake canyons If you haven't test drove one go do it!"

good vehicle

By on Friday, March 06, 2015

Pros: "good on gas , right height from ground not to low"

"handles real good,easy in and out,closest thing to my lincoln town car for comfort"

Excellent quality. Loads of power, great performer

By on Saturday, February 28, 2015

Pros: "Great crossover vehicle. Performs well, 21.5 MPG"

"Bought my 2009 Flex Limited used in 2011, with 40,000 miles. The engine performs very well. The transmission takes some getting used to, because it's shifting a lot, but it teaches you to drive better. I've driven two times from California. to Oklahoma, and it is the most comfortable car ever. Even after hundreds of miles on the road, it's so comfortable. I can't say enough about the sync system, it accepts voice commands for almost everything, and it actually understands what you're saying. Also recognizes my 500 gig hard drive I have 20,000 songs available at the touch of a button. I tow a small trailer with it, and it does great ! The only compliant I have is both catalytic converters failed at 72,000 & 75,000 miles (just beyond the warranty period) and they were dealer items still, so that was $1,200 to pass smog... Rich.."

trouble from the start

By on Thursday, February 26, 2015

Pros: "great design, smooth ride"

Cons: "reliability"

"My first new car ever!!! It was suppose to be reliable. I have never had as many issues with any other car I've owned. My 2009 Ford Flex was everything I wanted and it drove like a dream..Then things would go wrong. Most recently my car doesn't turn off when the ignition is off and the key is out. Dash lights flash horns go off series of clicking noises car dies. dealership can't find anything wrong in the 2xs this has happened. Just got car back today from dealer who had it for 3 days, had car 4 hours and was strand with my 2 kids in a parking lot in freezing temperatures. My extended warranty is up in a few days and feel like the dealer is just running the warranty out instead of fixing the car."

My video

2009 ford flex computer goes crazy

Great SUV Alternative

By on Friday, February 13, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive and plenty of space"

Cons: "Less than luxurious interior panels on the Limited"

"Purchased the Flex to haul our two Golden Retrievers, but wanted something that handled better than a SUV. The Flex has been a lot more fun to own than I anticipated. The AWD works well on wet and snowy surfaces in the mountains. Great for road trips with four adults and luggage, as well as trips to Home Depot. The twin turbo V6 provides acceleration that is amazing for a vehicle of this size. I'm sure it would easily tow a decent size boat."

4 years and still love this car

By on Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Pros: "Great ride, great cargo capacity, great price"

Cons: "hard to see backing up"

Bonnie and Clyde take trip down memory lane in Gibsland, LA

"We stalked the Flex for a year before we bought it because it was so big inside. A car big enough to hold all the grand-kids at the same time and all their junk. Finally took it for a test drive and fell in love - hook, line and hubcaps. Got a bodacious good price from the local Ford dealer and immediately took it on a three week road trip across the western US. Best road car I've ever owned. My sister-in-law laughed when we pulled up in the big black 'hearse' but after she drove it, she ended up buying one just like it. We took off for Mississippi in a two hearse caravan and turned heads across 4 states. What do we like best about this big black box? 1. The ride 2. The comfortable seats 3. The space 4. the sound system 5. Did I say, the ride? 6. Decent gas mileage Never regretted buying this car, not for one second. We are still in love with it after 4 1/2 years"

Bonnie and Clyde take trip down memory lane in Gibsland, LA

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Flex near Honolulu. See local deals