2015 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,425 - $16,246.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 07/28/2016

10/9.0

7.5

Based on 227 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

7.6/10

I love this car!

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pros: "good price, great mpg, nice drive"

Cons: "interior storage"

"I have the SE Sedan with automatic and cruise. It is a very nice looking car, rides smooth, handles well, and very-very quiet inside. It is a sub-compact, so dont expect an abundance of room, but my average sized family of 4 fits comfortably. The mileage is awesome thus far (just under 3000 driven) 38 mpg avg by manual calculation on ~60/40 hwy/cty miles. 45-46mpg on the freeway trips!"

Will never buy another!!!!!

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "Great gas milage, cute, small"

Cons: "jerking, transmission problems"

"This was my first car I bought all on my own. I was in love...until about 2000 miles ago. I bought the automatic. It started jerking about 2000 miles ago when it would shift from 1st into 2nd gear. At first I thought nothing of it the first until a few days later it got worse. I took it into the dealer and they "reprogrammed" it. After asking them to expalin what that was I got 3 differnt answers on what it would do to my car, how it would fix it, and if it would have the same problem again. I was assured no more "jerking". Two days later trying to go across 4 lanes of traffic it jerked the whole way across. I stopped called the ford dealer back got the run around alittle more and was finally told to bring it back in. After many different answers again I called a second ford dealer to see what they said. It seems this dealer had their stuff together and said I had every right to be worried and I could glady bring it to them. I was given a loaner to drive until mine was "fixed" again. Two days later I was told to bring the loaner back because they were going to replace my clutch but it was on a national back order and would take 3-4 weeks to get one. So until then I had to drive mine as it was. I truly do not even want the car anymore. The longer I drive it the more it jerks and the worse it is getting. Probably all thanks to the same dealer telling me to "drive it like I stole it" to help break it in more. Really 11,000 miles and it still needs breaking in?"

I bought this on impulse, and wound up loving it!

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Handling and interior."

Cons: "Non unrelated to the size of the car."

"Fully intending to buy a conventional sedan, this Fiesta caught my eye in the showroom and for once in my life I bought a car on impulse. It turned out to be a good choice. The car is comfortable, fun to drive and reliable through its first 30K miles. The clutch and gearbox are both solid and predictable. I'm averaging 40 mpg with the standard transmission doing about 50% highway miles."

Great first new car!

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

"I'm a college student who just bought this as my first new car a few months ago. So far I absolutely love this car! I get about 36 mpg highway and around 33 in town. The only problem that I've had with this car is one of the drivers side speakers doesn't always work. I grew up driving trucks and never thought I would get used to driving a small four cylinder car but it really has plenty of power and was a very easy adjustment."

comfortable, great mileage

By on Friday, September 20, 2013

Pros: "exciting, value, great looking"

Cons: "little light on power"

"had the car a year and a half and love it. been on a couple long trips and it has done excellent. The front is very spacious for two adults. With me driving the back seat gets a little cramped (i'm six foot though). The driver's seat is very adjustable; you can go with anything from a street racer with it very low with the wheel right in front of you, all the way up to nearly feeling like your in a small SUV. driving around my small town i avg about 35 mpg. only drawback is if you have to run the ac/heater much, it really hurts the mpg. small, safe, and very satisfying to drive."

A pretty decent car

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "Looks good, great on gas, handles well"

Cons: "Almost undrivable in heavy snow"

"I bought this car about 1.5 years ago because I needed a reliable and fuel efficient car. I decided on this Fiesta hatchback. (black/black, sport appearance package, 5spd). I like how this car looks and handles. It is great on gas. My HUGE complaint is with the traction control system. It is absolutely horrible in deep snow. Being in northeast Ohio snow is a regular thing and this car is a sitting duck in inclement weather. I realize having traction control is a "safety" feature, but if the car literally can't move that's not very safe either. This is especially annoying having a 5spd because usually one can obtain traction in snow very easily, yet this TC system completely cuts all wheel power. Furthermore, the fact you can't turn it off if you need to is totally inconvenient/ inexcusable. I realize this is an entry level car but similar models have options to turn it off. Plus if it was an issue of driving "reckless" with the traction control off, how come high performance cars have the option of disabling it? I literally bought a Jeep for the past winter because of this cars winter performance... Not something I was planning on having to do considering I bought a brand new car. Overall this is a great commuter car but if you deal with a lot of snow I would recommend something else."

Best car in it's class.

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pros: "Gas mileage, Style and drive for price, Safety"

Cons: "None so far"

"Initially, I wanted the Honda Fit but ultimately decided on a Ford Fiesta. 6 months later, I am still very happy. Here's how and why... Before purchasing this car, I test drove the Smart Car, the Toyota Yaris, and the Honda Fit. I narrowed it down to these three cars after watching driver videos, reading owner reviews and researching about 8 different models in the economy class. It came down to the Honda Fit and the Ford Fiesta. I chose the Ford Fiesta 5-Door Hatchback SE over the Honda Fit because the Fiesta had better acceleration, a better ride, and more attractive styling. The body lines are classier looking than the boxy Fit. I felt like the Fiesta was a more mature car that I could live with and it didn't scream economy car. Actually, it doesn't even state economy car...many other reviewers said this and I found it to be true also. The interior is sharp. Also with the Honda Fit, I foresaw aggravation with trying to get on the highway whereas with the Ford Fiesta it didn't seem like it was going to be a problem, and indeed it has not been. Another reason I found the Ford Fiesta to be better than the Fit is that the Fiesta is one of only two cars in the Minicar category at IIHS that is a Top Safety Pick. Besides the fact that it is a safer car, this rating also lowers insurance payments on the Fiesta. After having driven the Fiesta for a while now there are some real things to love. I get BETTER gas mileage in the city than the window sticker states. The window sticker says 29, I regularly am getting 31-32. The tight turning radius is great, really it'll surprise you. The auto-manual has been smooth (you have to break it in properly, but even if you don't the dealer can reset it and you can retrain it with smooth driving for a 1000 miles) and the acceleration, for an economy car, is great. On the highway this car is comfortable. The cabin is tight and quiet (the opposite seems to be true with the Fit.) I feel like Ford hit a winner with this one. Finally something better than the Honda Fit. I think they created a comfortable, polished, and gas mileage friendly driving car. Oh and one last thing...I was pleasantly surprised to find the maintenance required is the least of any car I have owned! I felt compelled to write a review because I am very happy with this car."

Might be the best car I've ever owned.

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

Pros: "Handling, economy, motor"

Cons: "Center console layout, 12v outlets (only 1)."

"I'm 6' 1", and this fits me perfectly. Handling is superb, motor loves to run. We went across the country - 9400 miles in 25 days - it got an average of 42 mpg, with the AC on @ 70 mph. Trunk is big enough for two people for a trip like that."

Fun to drive, efficient and reliable!

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pros: "fuel econ, fun to drive"

Cons: "no center council. l installed my own"

"Off the lot with 24 miles, I was concerned the new tech would cause problems. The sync, 6 spd trans and boasted fuel econ were big in 2011, would they hold up? The car is still everything it was when it was new. Coming to this car from a SUV was amazing. 38-42 mpg, same range as the SUV, but half the fuel. ride is also very nice, non fatiguing seats and a pleasure for long hauls!"

best car i have ever owned- period

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

"Best car I have ever owned. Great gas miledge, awesome looks, and great handling and braking. A best bet for someone interested in the best of everything in a compact that gets 40 plus miles per gallon"

I love my Fiesta

By on Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Pros: "great gas mileage, easy to park"

Cons: "rear window visabiliy."

"I purchased the Fiesta SES with a manual transmission. I needed a car to drive into Chicago and leave at the airport. I was looking for good gas mileage and easy to park. This car does both those and a lot more. I love that I could get an economy car that was fun to drive, had heated seats and a good sound system. I like the Ford Sync and that I can play music from my phone through the cars sterio system. I have 40,000 trouble free miles on this car. I've only been to the dealer for the 7,500 mile oil changes. No other work was needed to be done on this car and everything is in good working order."

2012 Fiesta SE - Automatic

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "Handles well, easy to park, cute"

Cons: "Door cup holder, no manual door unlocks"

"I bought this car in May of 2012. It handles very well, turns on a dime and can be parked effortlessly. The transmission, which is certianly different, has not been a problem for me. It is loud and a bit jerky, but that is the nature of this transmission. It is more akin to a standard transmission than a traditional American transmission. I think at least some reviewers are trying to make it into a hydromatic...it isn't. It also has a few minor, but very annoying quirks. First the electric door unlock is in the middle of the dash and there are no manual unlocking buttons. Also, the cupholder next to your left leg is a real pain. On balance though, I love this car and would recommend it."

terrific

By on Thursday, August 2, 2012

Pros: "see my review"

Cons: "see my review"

"The only drawbacks are that the hinges for the hatchback cover didn't last long, and the headlights are aimed too low. It also would have been nice if the sync display wasn't in LED red. Otherwise, this is the best car I've ever owned. PLUS, I get better MPG than was posted. ALSO, this car accelerate better than V6s I've owned. Punch it, and it goes!"

VERY NICE CAR

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

"This car drives very good ..Great on gas I fill up like every two weeks and 28.00 dollars to fill the tank @3.54 a gallon I get around 34 to 38 miles to a gallon. I like the looks of this car and can handle fast turns and nice speeds oil changes are every 6,000 to 10,000 miles can't beat that"

This is a luxury car with an economy price!

By on Tuesday, November 8, 2011

"This car drives and handles like a much more expensive vehicle and it gets 36mpg in town and 44mpg on the highway!"

AMAZZZZINNNGGGG

By on Tuesday, November 9, 2010

"I would have to say coming out of a mustang I made a better choice. Amazing Gas mileage(38.2 through 6000 miles) and it is so fun to drive. Comfortable and alot roomier than expected. I cannot stop telling people about them. I would recommend the FIESTA to anyone who is looking for a new upbeat and money saving vehicle."

Awful experience, Dont buy

By on Monday, November 30, 2015

Pros: "Nice looking"

Cons: "Recalls, small backseat"

"I purchased my 2012 Ford Fiesta in 2013, as the first owner. I have had nothing but problems with this vehicle. there have been MANY recalls, some of which are very important features. like breaks, door locks, and transmission. On top of all the recalls, it does not get the gas mileage Ford advertises. At best, I may get 35 MPG. and this is really stretching it. I will never purchase another Ford Fiesta, and with the way Ford handles their issues, I may never purchase a ford again. (Also, you cannot fit a rear facing car seat in the back seat.)"

Don't buy this car!!

By on Monday, January 6, 2014

Pros: "Love the engine and handling"

Cons: "Transmission, locks"

"My wife and I have always owned Fords, and so when we were finally financially able to buy our first new- off-the-showroom car, naturally we went to our local Ford dealer. We test-drove several, and settled on the 2012 Ford Fiesta. I had been partial to that car from the beginning, because of some road tests I had seen and reviews I had read, and so we were thrilled to get as our first new car such a sporty efficient car at such an affordable price. We looked forward to owning it for the life of the car, and handing it down to our children as they began driving. At about 11,000 miles, we began to notice a noise from the transmission, and it had a slip that got worse very quickly. We took it to our dealer, who kept it for 6 weeks, repaired it and returned it to us. Of course we were very grateful to have had it repaired under warrantee, and hoped this was the end of it. Alas! This was but the beginning of our sorrows. Five months later, we began to experience the same issues. Back to the dealer we went. They reprogrammed the transmission and sent us on our way. This fixed the problem for about three weeks. We have been back to the dealer four times since, each time being told there is no issue, but they will reprogram it just to be sure. The Ford corporation contacted us, and informed us that the grating noise and the extremely hard shifts and the slipping between first and second are just “normal driving characteristics” of this car, and, I guess, we should just be grateful it moves at all."

Completely unhappy with driveablility

By on Monday, October 1, 2012

Pros: "Good gas mileage. SYNC is a great feature."

Cons: "Poor engine/trans/software engineering"

"Engine coil pack failed at 25K miles. Approximately 2K miles later the vehicle developed a hesitation when the drivetrain was under load. Eight trips to 3 different Ford dealers later and the car is still not fixed. Ford insists the hesitation is "normal". Ford's high tech auto trans is completely unreliable, it' been removed and reinstalled twice to install new seals, clutch packs, etc. as well as new external components. Window auto up function has failed twice. If Ford does not buy this car back I will be pursue Lemon Law. Not at all happy with the car or Ford's Customer Care Center."

Good choice for the money.

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Great traction, good drving, great gas mileage."

Cons: "Low to the ground, but that was to be expected."

"This was the best choice for my money. I was looking for gas mileage above all. I travel a lot, which is why in 15 months I put over 52,000 miles on it. I get average of 38-42 per gal. It is all highway driving. This is not the most comfortable vehicle I have owned, but not bad either. It was a good choice for me at the time. Now I need a bit bigger car for work."

Great car, value, and gas milage!

By on Friday, September 7, 2012

Pros: "Great gas milage"

Cons: "Very little backseat legroom"

"I bought a 2012 Ford Fiesta last September. After having this car for a year, I am still completely in love with it. Highway driving I get about 40-42 MPG, and day to day driving I get around 35-38 MPG. It's fun to drive, handles great, and for me, it's the perfect size. The only real downfall, is the legroom in the back seat. If I have a few friends in the car with me, I feel terrible making them sit in the back."

Great driving auto with a learning curve.

By on Friday, January 22, 2016

Pros: "Excellent driveing car! Very good tech"

Cons: "A stick to hold the hood up? Really?"

My Speeder, 2015 Ford Fiesta SE

"I bought this one last November. In the nearly year and a half that I have owned it I have had no problems with the car itself. This auto was my first encounter with the dual clutch transmission system. Frankly I had no idea how to use the thing. Put it in drive and go I guess. However after a few talks at the dealership, I learned how to use the standard option properly. I have read and heard of others having transmission issues, with this car. I guess I was lucky because mine is doing its job very well. And its been an all around great auto. I am very pleased with this purchase. I have the 4 door SE Sedan. For a single person I found this auto to be just about perfect for my needs. It does take some getting used to. But once you spend a couple weeks behind the wheel and learn its particular quirks and personality I found it to be awesome. I did upgrade the tires to Dunlop DRZ2. A "summer" tire. But works really well on this car. I was not even a little impressed with the Hankook tires that came from the factory. An expensive upgrade, but to me it was well spent money."

My Speeder, 2015 Ford Fiesta SE

Built 07/23/2014, Fiesta SE pleasure to drive!

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "European handling, Excellent MPG, Miles of Smiles"

Cons: "Seats a bit narrow."

14 Fiesta SE sedan

"There is no denying early Fiesta owners have experienced automatic transmission problems. This issue is resolved. Ford has a new automatic clutch designated (E) with better seals and updated software. Ford has not abandoned those owners & is extending warranty to 7 years 100K miles on 2011 through 2014 Fiesta's. Here is an easy fix for those 11 through 14 Fiesta owners with electrical gremlins. The negative ground of the battery connects to a painted bracket on the strut tower. Sand off the paint on bracket for a much improved electrical ground connection and reattach the ground adding a bit of dielectric grease to prevent corrosion. This will make a much better surface for high electric current to flow & resolve any weird electrical glitches. It was an assembly line oversight. This sub compact car is fun to drive with excellent 39 mpg highway 36 city. It handles very well and corners superbly. Very quiet inside with European styling out. As compared to those from Asia, Fiesta offers greater number of options at a very reasonable price. A/C is standard on all Fiesta's. I have never found any automobile that was 100% flaw free. Human beings design & produce automobiles. Also consider the reputation of a dealership and their willingness to stand behind a product they sell. If you live in an area where service is 500 miles away, would you purchase that product? Ford will be in business for years to come and a reputable dealer will want your repeat business. We traded a 10 year old Subaru. A New Subaru was knocked out early as the sheet metal is very thin and can be dented just waxing the car. So, it came down to either a Honda Fit or the Ford Fiesta. Ford won hands down. It road better, was much quieter, handled better, with better gas mileage. My other vehicle BTW is a Honda Odyssey. I am a Honda fan, but the Fiesta was a much better buy, with a local dealer who was willing to negotiate and wanted my business. I actually bought my Honda Odyssey used from the same salesman at the ford dealer years ago. We also had considered a Mazda 3, but the local dealership has a most negative reputation and the next nearest Mazda dealership is 250 miles away. There is so much to consider in a new car purchase. The Fiesta is a best buy."

14 Fiesta SE sedan

Fun to drive, nimble handling and 41 mpg!

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "Handling, gas mileage and manual transmission."

Cons: "None yet - ask me in another 5 years."

"After 40 years of practical car shopping, I bought this used 2011 Fiesta on a whim. It looked sharp in the showroom, had all the bells and whistles and, most important to me, a manual tranny. Two years and 30K miles later I'm still really happy with the car! If I can get 150K with no serious maintenance, I'll consider this one of my best cars ever. The clutch and tranny feel just right - not quite snick-snack shifting but darn close. First gear could be a little longer, but after a quick shift into second the revs match up well with my needs. Available torque is impressive for the 1.6L, and the set up is perfect at highway speeds - no need to plan ahead or downshift for passes and lane changes. Handling is a strong point; the best I've had by far after a long line of typical sedans. Quick, nimble and predictable. Wonderful in the snow and with plenty of ground clearance, great for New England ski trips regardless of the weather. Gas mileage is a solid 41 mpg over the full two years. About 50-50 highway-city with just myself in the car. I'm recommending this car to all who ask me and will likely buy another in the future."

Horrible transmission!

By on Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pros: "Handles very well, looks sharp"

Cons: "Very small interior, tranmission is a nightmare!!!"

"Do not buy this vehicle. Ford makes a horrible transmission for the Fiesta. It's rough, has trouble going at all into gear, it will ruin your ownership experience with this car."