2015 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,134 - $16,443.

10/7.1

7.7

Based on 165 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Terrible vehicle

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage when it runs"

Cons: "everything other than the gas mileage"

"I would advise against this vehicle. I do not like what Ford did with the interior, for one. Additionally, I have already had a major breakdown at 6500 miles (yes, I sai 6400). Not only that, the artery died less than 24 months of use. This is truly a terrible car."

Fast Fun to drive great gas millage

By on Thursday, October 09, 2014

Pros: "Performance, gas millage, fun factor, Recaro seats"

"The is the best value I found when looking for a sports car! It has great styling, very smooth 6 speed manual transmission, and corners like it is on rails. It gets 35 MPG commuting to work and 32 overall."

I love this car!

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

Pros: "small, maneuverable, reliable, great gas milage"

Cons: "small, SYNC doesn't work very well"

"I have a 2011 Fiesta SE Hatchback with a 5 speed manual transmission. I absolutely love it. It's small and maneuverable, has great gas mileage, and a lot of cargo room considering it's such a small car. I've got 100,000 miles on it, and the only thing I've done is replace the breaks (at 80,000 miles!) and the shocks (right at 100,000 miles). I'm surprised to see the comments about reliability, but they mostly seem to come from the automatic transmission, which I would never have considered buying. I need to replace the AC compressor, which is making noise but still works. My main complaint is with the Voice-Activated SYNC stereo, which is showing its age when compared to SIRI on my iPhone, though I was never very impressed with it. I will probably replace the stereo with a 2DIN car-play/android stereo once I find a good aftermarket 2DIN kit for this car. I really wish they could have gone with a more standard dashboard arrangement for the stereo."

Might be the best car I've ever owned.

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

Pros: "Handling, economy, motor"

Cons: "Center console layout, 12v outlets (only 1)."

"I'm 6' 1", and this fits me perfectly. Handling is superb, motor loves to run. We went across the country - 9400 miles in 25 days - it got an average of 42 mpg, with the AC on @ 70 mph. Trunk is big enough for two people for a trip like that."

Automatic Transmission Problems!

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "good gas mileage"

Cons: "major transmission flaw, not good investment!"

"I am the original owner of a white, 2012 Fiesta SFE, 6-speed auto, with heated seats, mirrors, block. It does get 40-45 hwy mpg when empty, but not if you are climbing hills or have passengers and cargo (28-34 hwy mpg). My biggest problem is I have had transmission problems for about 24 of the 30 months of ownership. They replaced the transmission once(took 3 weeks). The main problem is when the car is in drive and you step on the gas, the transmission slips or doesn't engage. Not good when crossing intersections and it leaves you stranded facing oncoming traffic! Now Ford sent me a free extended warranty up to 7 years or 100,00 miles because of their poor craftsmanship on the 6 speed transmission. But I don't think this is worth keeping it. My plans are to get rid of this car soon! Here is a quick breakdown of the problems with this car ranking from high to low. 1. Transmission doesn't work (slipping or not engaging gears) 2. Cheap paint job...the paint is flaking and chipping off all over (this car is also stored in garage) 3. Door seals don't stay on 4. Brakes squeal all the time since it was new."

A great car with abysmal reliability.

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pros: "Far more comfortable we thought it would be"

Cons: "Unreliable"

"First the good: I bought it in 2011 to use as a commuter car. Before driving 1000 miles to my inlaws for Thanksgiving that year, our Volvo was acting up. We were going to rent a "comfortable" car, but my partner convinced me to take the Fiesta although taking a "cheap econo-box" was not my idea of fun. We had only driven it around town and feared it would be rough, uncomfortable, etc. Instead, we were both genuinely surprised at how comfortable it was on such a long road trip. The gas mileage was fantastic (which we already knew) and keeping up with 90 mph traffic on West Texas was a breeze (the speed limit on the interstates is 85). From then on, it became the go-to car for long trips. Now the bad: Last December, it turned 50K miles. Since then, I've replaced the electric driver window motor ($450), the transmission and transaxle (under warranty, but because we were on vacation when it happened, I'm still out of pocket $600 in other expenses because of it, not to mention the extra trip back to pick up the car and time off work), a valve in the fuel filler line that prevented me from putting gas in the tank ($400), and now the electric fan motor that cools the engine ($700). Add that up, and I'm out over $2000 injust nine months. The bloom is off the rose. I'm getting rid of this car as soon as I can. This has been the most unreliable car I've ever owned, with the *possible* exception of a 1974 AMC Hornet I had in college -- and even then I don't recall four expensive repairs in less than a year. Needless to say I'm done with Ford."

Best little Car

By on Sunday, September 21, 2014

Pros: "great gas mileage,"

Cons: "change your oil light will not go off"

""I bought this car used in Feb of 2012. I love it! I think it's a GREAT car choice for the price. I feel completely comfortable and safe, especially driving in cities such as Monroe and Shreveport. It's not a large/long car so it makes parking a BREEZE. The Fiesta's turning is exceptional and she offers great headlight coverage. I love this car and would totally recommend it to someone.""

Built 07/23/2014, Fiesta SE pleasure to drive!

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "European handling, Excellent MPG, Miles of Smiles"

Cons: "Seats a bit narrow."

14 Fiesta SE sedan

"There is no denying early Fiesta owners have experienced automatic transmission problems. This issue is resolved. Ford has a new automatic clutch designated (E) with better seals and updated software. Ford has not abandoned those owners & is extending warranty to 7 years 100K miles on 2011 through 2014 Fiesta's. Here is an easy fix for those 11 through 14 Fiesta owners with electrical gremlins. The negative ground of the battery connects to a painted bracket on the strut tower. Sand off the paint on bracket for a much improved electrical ground connection and reattach the ground adding a bit of dielectric grease to prevent corrosion. This will make a much better surface for high electric current to flow & resolve any weird electrical glitches. It was an assembly line oversight. This sub compact car is fun to drive with excellent 39 mpg highway 36 city. It handles very well and corners superbly. Very quiet inside with European styling out. As compared to those from Asia, Fiesta offers greater number of options at a very reasonable price. A/C is standard on all Fiesta's. I have never found any automobile that was 100% flaw free. Human beings design & produce automobiles. Also consider the reputation of a dealership and their willingness to stand behind a product they sell. If you live in an area where service is 500 miles away, would you purchase that product? Ford will be in business for years to come and a reputable dealer will want your repeat business. We traded a 10 year old Subaru. A New Subaru was knocked out early as the sheet metal is very thin and can be dented just waxing the car. So, it came down to either a Honda Fit or the Ford Fiesta. Ford won hands down. It road better, was much quieter, handled better, with better gas mileage. My other vehicle BTW is a Honda Odyssey. I am a Honda fan, but the Fiesta was a much better buy, with a local dealer who was willing to negotiate and wanted my business. I actually bought my Honda Odyssey used from the same salesman at the ford dealer years ago. We also had considered a Mazda 3, but the local dealership has a most negative reputation and the next nearest Mazda dealership is 250 miles away. There is so much to consider in a new car purchase. The Fiesta is a best buy."

14 Fiesta SE sedan

DIFFICULT TO GET USED TO

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "STYLE & MPG"

Cons: "6 SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION"

"6 SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION DIFFICULT TO GET USED TO or OPERATE even AFTER 3 YEARS. GREAT SHAPE, AWESOME MPG, but NOT FUN TO DRIVE IN THE CITY or IN THE WINTER."

Milage is fantastic

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Pros: "MPG, fun, perfect color, no machanical problems"

Cons: "have not found any "cons""

"I love this car and want to trade in for the exact car in the new year! It gets the best MPG for any non-hybrid I know of. 40-45 on the road and 38-40 around town! Great little car!"

Love this car!

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "Great price, realiable, great of gas"

Cons: "Leg room for passengers in backseat"

"This car has treated me very well! Im averaging 41 MPG! Its cute, reliable, Ive had no issues! The only compliant I have is the back seat. Its not roomy for passengers! But other then that great car, great value!"

This car is awesome!

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pros: "Cheap, awesome to drive"

Cons: "There's no knob to tune the radio"

"Good amount of power. It's surprisingly comfortable for such a small car, I've driven it from Detroit, MI to Lincoln, NE and the seats are great (I don't have the Recaro's). It's a fun go-cart-y car and puts a smile on my face daily. I drive fairly "spiritedly" and I'm averaging over 32 mpg. What else is there to say."

Nice but

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

Pros: "Cute, good gas mileage"

Cons: "Not all that comfy."

"It is a good little car, but it IS little and low to the ground. The seats have very little padding, if any, so comfort becomes a factor for someone who commutes one hour one way like me."

Horrible, clanky transmission

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Nice to look at"

Cons: "Horrible transmission"

"The transmission in our Ford Fiesta has had multiple issues and still makes lots of noise and is jerky. Ford tells us that this transmission comes with some noise but the noises get worse as does the responses of shifting and accelerating. The latest issue is with the AUX button on the sound system which doesn't work anymore, and a scraping.noise when turning the wheel. We are scheduled yet again to have these things fixed but can't get in to the dealer service department until Aug. 11th......today is July 11th.....as they are completely booked due to other Ford recalls. We feel frustrated and stuck with this very poorly made vehicle because we would never in good conscience sell it to anyone and are pretty sure no one who drove it and heard it would want it. We will NEVER give Ford our business again. Beware of the Ford Fiesta......we are not the only ones having these issues."

Fun to drive, nimble handling and 41 mpg!

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "Handling, gas mileage and manual transmission."

Cons: "None yet - ask me in another 5 years."

"After 40 years of practical car shopping, I bought this used 2011 Fiesta on a whim. It looked sharp in the showroom, had all the bells and whistles and, most important to me, a manual tranny. Two years and 30K miles later I'm still really happy with the car! If I can get 150K with no serious maintenance, I'll consider this one of my best cars ever. The clutch and tranny feel just right - not quite snick-snack shifting but darn close. First gear could be a little longer, but after a quick shift into second the revs match up well with my needs. Available torque is impressive for the 1.6L, and the set up is perfect at highway speeds - no need to plan ahead or downshift for passes and lane changes. Handling is a strong point; the best I've had by far after a long line of typical sedans. Quick, nimble and predictable. Wonderful in the snow and with plenty of ground clearance, great for New England ski trips regardless of the weather. Gas mileage is a solid 41 mpg over the full two years. About 50-50 highway-city with just myself in the car. I'm recommending this car to all who ask me and will likely buy another in the future."

So far I cannot complain- does everything needed.

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, SYNC funtion"

Cons: "The tranni ats weird for the first 5K miles until"

"I bought the 2014 model in Sept. '13 from Midway Ford. The interior is just as you would expect for any economy car so I cannot complain- you get what you pay for. However, I use the SYNC function all the time with my Kindle and the sound from the six speakers is terrific. The gas mileage is incredible: recently I drove 425 miles on one tank of gas (nearly all highway though) Its the perfect commuting car if you need a car to get to/from work and need something economical and that will get you from point A to B."

Great car to drive…until you try to stretch out.

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive and with a light touch, great milage"

Cons: "No room to spread out"

"I am very pleased over all with no problems and an average of 38mpg. For a car that was bought for its low price, I have been impressed with the quality of the build and the driving dynamics. The only issue I have is with the lack of stretch out room for your legs on long trips. It seems that Ford could have scooped out the console to give you room to spread out, but no, style won out over comfort. My 19yo would rather ride in the tight back seat than fight the console! Oh well, I feel that other than that it is a great car, in fact I am ready to trade it in on a 2015 with an Ecoboost engine, 1liter or 1.6. I can go for either great milage or great fun!"

love it first bran new car that ive owned

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, love sync"

"first bran new car ive owned but ive had just about everything from a coupe to a f150 this thing handles like a dream great mpg im getting about 30 mix but mostly highway driving"

Awful for daily use

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "Great track car"

Cons: "Most people don't work at a track"

"Absolute worst purchase decision I've made. The car is a blast to drive. That's it. The fun stops there. There is nothing convenient about this car or the Sync system."

Has major shudder problems

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "Steers well"

Cons: "Shudder problem, hard to navigate dash"

"My Fiesta has 26,000 miles and there was a shudder problem from the get go. When going from stop to start the car shudders like slamming on the ABS brakes. Took in three times and did what Ford corporate told the mechanics to do: recalibrate, then check bolt, then look for grounding problem. Nothing worked. Why? Ford will only reimburse a dealer for clutch/transmission problems if they reach "critical" levels. They refuse to do a recall b/c that would cost them millions. They have customers come in multiple times by extending the drive train to 60,000 miles. That shuts up consumers until they are forced to dump their lemons."

Cute, fast car but expensive repairs

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "eye-catching and pretty, drives nicely."

Cons: "repeated problems with the computer systems"

"Just beyond its regular warranty, this car needed expensive repairs — more than $3,000 worth. It looks good. It is fun to drive. But it has computer problems that make it costly to service and difficult to take in for repairs at the local garage. What you've heard about the Fiesta. It's all hype."

Really a fun car to drive

By on Saturday, May 17, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Driver arm rest small no arm rest for passenger."

"It has power to pass and go up mountain passes quickly with no effort. Love to drive on highway. In town it is great - always can find a spot to park in. It doesn't need a lot of room. It is a really good looking car."

Great car

By on Saturday, May 17, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great mpg, great power"

"Got this car on a lease, then bought it. This is the best car I've ever owned, and I'm 66 years young. Consistently gets 40 mpg. I'll drive this until the wheels fall off."

sofarnoproblemsgoodongas.

By on Saturday, May 03, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage"

Cons: "leg room"

"been a good car the drivers seat could go back a little farther great on gas 36/47 miles per gallon depending on how you drive love it."

Best car I have ever owned.

By on Friday, May 02, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive is an understatement"

Cons: "Can't think of any right now"

"I had a 2011 fiesta with a 5 speed manual, and traded it for a 2014 SE with the Powershift option....what a car! I just love it...the Powershift for 2014 works perfectly(I know it got slammed with earlier versions). I use it in S mode a lot, and have not had a problem with it. In fact, I couldn't be happier...ned"