2014 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,428 - $16,039.

10/7.2

7.7

Based on 203 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Love my Fiesta!

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, affordable, neat features, cute"

Cons: "horrible on speed bumps"

"When I got this car, I wasn't really much of a Ford fan, but it was the best I could afford. This Fiesta has totally changed my mind. It's not a powerhouse or anything, but nobody should expect that because it's a compact car. It has enough power for what it's made for. Even better, the recommended mileage for an oil change is 10,000. I love the design and added features and convenience. The integrated bluetooth with Microsoft Sync is the best. I can control my media player and my phone solely by pressing a button (located on the turn signal arm thingy) and speaking, keeping my eyes on the road and hands on the wheels. For a small car, it's pretty roomy. If you were really tall or were going to have more than one or two adult passengers often, though, it probably isn't for you. I'm 5'5 and my boyfriend is about 5'10 and we fit very comfortably, and I can squeeze enough in the trunk and back seat for an entire weekend camping trip for two. There are only a few things I can think of that I don't like. First, even if you don't have sirius equipment installed, the button is still there and there is no option to have it installed, so that button can never work. Next, if you go over a speed bump without practically stopping you can hear it scrape. Overall, his car is sure to impress. At least your friends that don't have a Ford."

Great small car!

By on Tuesday, May 26, 2015

"I have a 2011 SES hatchback with a 5speed manual transmission so I haven't had any issues with the transmission. The car is used as a second car in the summer and a daily driver in the winter. It is a great handling car and I average 31-32 combined city/hwy driving. I don't drive slow 75-85mph on my commute so the mileage is excellent. Excellent in the winter with studded snow tires."

VERY NICE CAR

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

"This car drives very good ..Great on gas I fill up like every two weeks and 28.00 dollars to fill the tank @3.54 a gallon I get around 34 to 38 miles to a gallon. I like the looks of this car and can handle fast turns and nice speeds oil changes are every 6,000 to 10,000 miles can't beat that"

Really the most value for your money.

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pros: "Great Handeling, Fuel Economy and Nice Extras Too!"

"For $18,900 I purchased my '11 Fiesta SES. It came with: Bluetooth, heated seats and mirrors, GPS, side airbags, Micorsoft Sync (voice control for text messages, iPod, Pandora, Twitter, GPS and more), Sirius satellite radio, moon-roof, 16" rims, cruise control, smart-key access with push button start, LED parking lamps, mood lighting, auto-dimming rear-view mirror, and a leather wrapped steering wheel with multifunction/audio controls. You could not find that list of featured on some luxury cars that cost twice as much. I have had the Fiesta for 8 mos and over 12,000 miles and have had no issues with it other than one burned out blinker bulb and some rubber trim inside of the door than came unglued during the extreme heat this past summer. Warranty paid for both no questions asked. The Fiesta rides and handles amazingly well for it's price range and has excellent fuel economy. I feel safe in the Fiesta, with it's advanced safety features like stability control, brake assist, and 911 assist. I can honestly say that I owe my life to the stability control when I attempted to take an unseen 90 degree curve in the road at 55mph in the rain. The Fiesta's 6.8 inch ground clearance is a big help in deep snow and also prevents it from "bottoming out" on most steep driveways. It has held it's value exceptionally well (I could sell it today for $500 less than i paid for it!). It really is a great car for the money, and I always recommend it to everyone who tells me they are looking for a new car."

New Fords are awesome

By on Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Pros: "Great Gas Milage, Beautiful colors, Fun to drive"

Cons: "Can sometimes be uncomfortable on long drives"

"I didn't used to be a fan of new ford, they looked big and bulky. I was actually planning on buying a Nissan but decided to test drive this car because of it's color, "Magenta". Drove it and feel in love with with."

Amazing

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "gas, comfort, handling, lots of options"

Cons: "no console storage"

"I love my new Ford Fiesta! It drives so smooth and has amazing gas mileage. I did a lot of research before purchasing a new car and the reviews all pointed to the fiesta. And they were right! It's sleek and sporty, awesome car!"

Great value and MPG

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pros: "Gas mileage"

Cons: "Backseat for adults, tight entering driver seat"

"Being a small car, I was very concerned as to how this car would hold up in a crash. Well Ford should be proud, because I was just rear ended by a full size Dodge Ram pickup and yes my car is totaled, however, I walked away. My injuries are typical for that type of cash but the car was build to absorb such an impact. The only thing that did fail was the driver seat, which for whatever reason the seat-back dropped as if I was laying flat. I have enjoyed this car a lot. It got great gas mileage, averaging out at 37 MPG. My husband and I are both tall and we were very comfortable in the front seat, however, it is not great for adults in the back seat. Taking everything in to consideration, I will not have any issues with buying another Fiesta"

Good choice for the money.

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Great traction, good drving, great gas mileage."

Cons: "Low to the ground, but that was to be expected."

"This was the best choice for my money. I was looking for gas mileage above all. I travel a lot, which is why in 15 months I put over 52,000 miles on it. I get average of 38-42 per gal. It is all highway driving. This is not the most comfortable vehicle I have owned, but not bad either. It was a good choice for me at the time. Now I need a bit bigger car for work."

Great first new car!

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

"I'm a college student who just bought this as my first new car a few months ago. So far I absolutely love this car! I get about 36 mpg highway and around 33 in town. The only problem that I've had with this car is one of the drivers side speakers doesn't always work. I grew up driving trucks and never thought I would get used to driving a small four cylinder car but it really has plenty of power and was a very easy adjustment."

Perfect Starter Car

By on Monday, October 14, 2013

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, great gas mileage, cute"

Cons: "small interior space"

"I bought a 2013 Fiesta last year after graduation as by first new car. I absolutely love it. The interior is a bit on the small side, but I am petite and do not have a family to lug around in it.I have done quite a bit of driving in it already and it handles great. This car suits my needs perfectly."

great gas mileage

By on Friday, September 13, 2013

Pros: "40 mpg, handling, styling, quiet ride."

Cons: "automatic transmission is junk, back seat leg room"

"this car is a ten out of ten on everything but the powershift auto tranny, it is terrible if I had it to do over again I would get a stick shift.Ive had the clutches replaced once and they need replaced again and only has 58000 miles."

TRANSMISSION

By on Monday, February 04, 2013

Pros: "Side-view mirrors, Safety, MPG, Esthetics, Price"

Cons: "UNRELIABLE TRANSMISSION"

"I've had this 2012 Ford Fiesta SE 6 speed automatic for about 10 months, and absolutely LOVED it up until it reached about 11,000 miles when the transmission started giving me problems. During the upshift from gears 1-2 and 2-3 the car would shutter, shaking the whole entire car pretty intensely. Took it to the dealer and they "reprogrammed" it, and said it was fine. Less than one month later, the transmission is doing the SAME EXACT thing. This time the dealer says it is going to replace the clutch... We'll see if that will fix it, but I am definitely not going to wait and see. Ironically, I decided to buy a brand new car with the main reason of not having to worry about transmission problems, guess I wasn't that lucky... I'm currently looking up reviews on a car to buy in the VERY near future."

Great car, great value

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "exterior/interior design, mpg"

Cons: "engine low on power, a bit of rattle at low rpm"

"The 2011 Ford Fiesta is a great car for someone looking to step into an economy car market, or looking to buy a new car in the segment. It's exceptionally styled, and actually does better than the average average EPA mpg. It's economical in the city as well as the highway. However, the economy is largely due to its small engine that produces around 130 horsepower. So, if you load the car up for a trip and take another person with you, you'll struggle to go uphill. Also, the sound-proofing isn't as good as I've seen some other cars, so expect to hear a bit of a rattle at low RPM's. The interior quality is good as well. The dashboard doesn't feel like it cost a dollar to make, and the use of aluminum is nice. Interior space is good for the driver and passenger, but if you want to sit in the back, it'll be a bit of a squeeze. As for the exterior styling, I absolutely love it. It's fluid and modern. With car design shifting to smooth and fluid instead of edgy and boxy, this car is up with the times. It's forward looking, so I'm sure that five or ten years from now I won't look at it and say that it's ancient. This car will look and be modern even then."

Great vehicle for the value!!

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "38 mpg, good in snow, ample leg room"

Cons: "no cargo space"

"I love driving my Fiesta. It was a very economical buy and has surpassed my expectations. It is on the smaller side of compact, so road tripping with a family of 4 has been a little bit tight and almost unbearable. I bought it for my long commute to work though, and for that, it has done it's job well. I am very happy with my car. Wouldn't trade it for anything."

great vehicle

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pros: "handling, styling, gas mileage"

"love my Fiesta...handles great.. feels like a much bigger car and looks great.. and get's great mileage, around 37 mpg driving it fast with a lot of stop and go in fwy traffic. The transmission can be a little finicky.. what I have found is that it doesn't like to start out with little gas. If you give it a little more gas, the sputtering will not occur."

Great compact car

By on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

"Just purchased our third Fiesta. The 2014 model adds My Ford Touch and a Sony stereo upgrade. The car is incredibly quiet and very comfortable. It drives well and has a good and almost sporty feel to it. MPG for me has been in the mid 30 range which is decent for my driving habits. Overall, i don't think you can find a nicer compact car out there especially considering all the options you can add that aren't available on other compact cars. I ordered mine fully loaded and love this vehicle!"

Surprising small car

By on Saturday, April 20, 2013

Pros: "economy, fun to drive, good looking."

Cons: "stupid front door cupholder interferes with exit."

"Bought this car for my wife and owned it for over one year. The transmission took a little time to get accustomed to, but it is shifting much more smoothly as the miles are added. Averaging 34 mpg in city/suburban driving! We use this car most of the time. It can hold quite a bit: ie. a gas grill and 21 full backpacks. What it can't hold is too many passengers for too much time. The back seat is not very comfortable. The front seats are spacious and quite comfortable. There are almost 8000 miles on this car, and only had one piece of seat trim fail. It was replaced by my dealer with no problems. Hope to keep this car for at least another 5 years. Fun to drive, economical, and "cute" is the best description I can give."

2013 Ford Fiesta S, good car

By on Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pros: "Good MPG, fun to drive, large trunk"

Cons: "wish this car had a taller top gear"

"I bought this car in February of 2013, I needed a reliable car for a 50 mile a day commute. I bought the cheapest stripped down model with a 5 speed and no key-less entry or power windows. the no key-less entry is a pain because of having to use a key to unlock the door then press the button on the dash twice to unlock the rest of the doors, this is a problem for me because i have a year and a half old daughter that tries to run off when i unlock the door. the biggest problem is when on the highway when i am in 5 th gear, 65 mph i am reving at 2900 rpm and if i go around 75 mph then i am reving at 3400 rpm. the only time i get good gas millage around 40 mpg is to stay at 60 - 65 mph any faster and your gas millage drops to around 35 mpg. if 5th gear was taller or if this car had a 6th gear then it would get ultimate gas millage"

I love this car more and more

By on Monday, August 13, 2012

Pros: "Handling, solid body feel and body style."

Cons: "Some cheap interior parts and more horse power."

"The best quality of this car is the handling and the solid body feel. I love the 5 speed manual and I would probably not like this car if it were an automatic. With the manual the car moves and again it corners on a dime. The car itself has been bullet proof reliability. I also love the comfort of the front seats and it highway manners. My only wish to make this car perfect would be to add 15 more horses to the engine, possibly a turbo and some interior pieces are of cheap plastic. I would even be happy with a retro kit to upgrade the interior and I would love to add a turbo without invalidating the warranty."

I love my car!

By on Sunday, December 11, 2011

"My husband bought this car for me for my birthday, the inside lights change color which is amazing. It has a lot more features then I would of guessed SYNC to my iPhone/iPod or regular phone already had a built in iphone charger/port it has a hands free use of your cell phone with a speaker and mic right above the drivers seat XM sirus radio plus a GREAT sound system. Can't forget amazing MPG drove from Fort hood TX to Reno nv on 125$ total. Great handling very well made, priced around 16,500-19,500 mine (16,000)this car will last me a long time and it may look small but the inside and trunk were actually big. Would buy again."

best compact car value out there!

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "40 mpg"

Cons: "simple"

"Everyone loves this car. I'm o.k. with it but am use to hotrods. It's a great little car for those wanting 40 mpg. No one guesses it's a Ford. It looks like a Corolla or a Prius. The sedan has a huge trunk and is cheaper than a hatchback. Go for it!"

Not a good quality car.

By on Saturday, July 25, 2015

Pros: "nice looking"

Cons: "Transmission jumpy.."

"Transmission is jumpy. Sync /radio awful...good mileage though and sporty looking. Not a smooth ride."

Great driving small car...but

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Just a great compact car"

Cons: "It does hesitate, after stopping for light/sign"

"I purchased the Fiesta in November, 2012, trading in a Focus. The mileage is fantastic, nothing less than 33mpg, mostly 37+. I had the dealer install a Sirius receiver, which is the pits; make sure Sirius is standard, if you buy one. Value is exceptional. My grandson wants this one, when I get my next vehicle."

Excellent car for the price

By on Saturday, January 28, 2012

"Gas mileage is around 39-44 mpg on the highway. Sync is a must for mobile phone users."

Love this car

By on Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pros: "Good price."

"Drives great for a small car and great fuel economy"