2014 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $14,144 - $14,413.

10/7.2

7.8

Based on 154 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

A blast to drive

By on Friday, August 26, 2011

Pros: "Great gas milage"

Cons: "No passinger arm rest."

"Recently bought the 2012 SE Hatchback with most of the bells and whistles. I have the 5 speed manual which makes this little car a blast to drive. My milage hangs right around 40-43 mph depending on the hills. I think the only option I do not have on my car is the sirius radio option. I do wish the passinger seat had an arm rest like the drivers seat does. I have seen many complaints about no arm rest, not sure if I got one with an option but it sure is comfortable. The only draw back to this car is the space in the hatchback. As my wife is in a wheelchair we have to partially disassemble it to get it to fit. Since it is only my wife and I the room in the back is not much concern but if you have bigger kids it could get crampted. I would reommend this to anyone that does not have space issues."

Bad experience.

By on Saturday, May 05, 2012

Reason: Bad transmission

Pros: "Comfy"

Cons: "NO room in the backseat, transmission, felt cheap"

"I bought this car in January of 2011. I really did fall in love with this car when I first bought it. It had a ton of things that I had wanted (heated seats, Sirius satelite radio, etc.) and it was a great price. Everything was great up until I actually started driving it a lot. Around August I started noticing some things that I didn't like. The car began to jerk when driving slowly through a parking lot or when going through a yeild sign. At first I just disregarded it since it was a new car and it only happened every once in a while. However, the more miles I put on the car, the worse it got. It became a habit that everytime I drove slowly the car would jerk when shifting from first and second gear. It acted as if it was confused and didn't know which gear to be in. It also started making a really loud grinding noise at about 10,000 miles. I took it in to the dealership to get it fixed and was told that all it needed was a software update. This only made things *worse*. I would barely put my toe on the gas and the car would jerk (it felt as though I was getting rearended) and the RPMs were going abnormally high. I took it in to the dealership again for the same problem. They kept my car for 6 days, drove it 150 miles and told me "what you are experiencing are normal characteristics of the car" and that my transmission was "still learning how to drive". Normal? If it was normal why didn't it do it back when it was brand new?? Why was this "normal" behavior getting worse the more I drove it? I got no answers and was repeatedly told that nothing would be done since it was normal for the car to hesitate, jerk and grind. I'm beyond disappointed in Ford. The reason I had purchased the Fiesta was only because my family has 2 other Fords and both are running superbly. I traded the Fiesta in this weekend for a brand new Elantra. Best decision I've made!!!"

2011 SES Hatchback

By on Thursday, July 07, 2011

Pros: "good deal, fun to drive, great gas milage, cool interior/exterior"

Cons: "a little small for tall people"

"We recently traded in my 05 Ford Escape for an 2011 SES Fiesta Hatchback. We are moving to Germany and needed something fuel efficient and compact. I cannot tell you how much I love this car! It is only a 4 cyl. but it drives like a v-6 and is super peppy and sporty. Its a blast to drive and turns on a dime. We got more than what we expected with the SYNC, Sirius, heated seats and AMAZING gas mileage. I get on average 29mpg in the city and I love that since buying the car a month ago I've only filled up twice (including two 160 mile trips). I love the "party lights" and that you can change the color to suit your mood...it makes you feel like you're in a club at night! The sound system is amazing and the SYNC is easy to use once you get the hang of it. My husband even likes it and is very comfortable in it at 6'3". However, it is not a great road trip car for four people over 5'10"...a little tight but still doable! I also was thrown off by the whole "no key" thing but I enjoy it now. I recommend a test drive and bring the whole family to make sure you fit."

Great car-a few minor complaints

By on Friday, November 02, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, good price, fuel economy, interior"

Cons: "No handles anywhere, no manual locks,"

"I bought a manual violet gray 2013 Fiesta SE in early October. It has a soft touch dash which I was very surprised by and a great sound system. The back seats are smaller than I anticipated but the are large enough for any of my taller friends. The manual is a ton of fun and power comes really fast. I would definitely recommend the manual, especially after looking at the automatic reviews. The car has hill-start assist which for the manual which is incredibly helpful to me because I have to exit a lot of parking garages where the exit is uphill, so now I don't have to worry about going backwards. I do have a few minor complaints. My keyless entry remote went out already, not sure what that is about yet and for some reason shifting into second gear is really touchy, so it can be jerky at times. When the remote goes out you have to unlock the door manually and then go to the center button and hit it twice before you could get the trunk open because there is no keyhole on the trunk or the passenger door. There aren't any handles on the ceiling and the ceiling liner could seriously use some reinforcement. I'm kind of afraid if I touch it on accident I will permanently damage it. There aren't any manual locks on the doors, so you have to use the center button and hit it multiple times to let someone in on the passenger side. The trunk also does not have a handle, it's just a button that you push. When I bought the car I was mainly looking for a manual car with cruise, but in addition to that I got the Sync system which is pretty cool but also very confusing right now. The bluetooth calling is very useful, but I'm pretty sure that my use of sync is limited because I have a flip-phone that can't do many of the things a smart phone can do. I found it interesting that the engine and transmission were made in Brazil, which can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your opinion. Overall I love the car, it runs great and it's really comfortable. The trunk is larger than it looks. Now that Kia has busted for having higher than realistic mpg numbers, I think this is probably the best non-hybrid commuter car. I'm getting great gas mileage and I've never had more fun driving. I would definitely recommend it, but I would wait until there are good incentives. I got mine for about $2000 below msrp by waiting for the right time to buy. Good luck with finding your new car!"

2012 Fiesta Duel Clutch malfunction

By on Thursday, January 03, 2013

Pros: "Good MPG, Easy to drive, Good for students"

Cons: "Duel Clutch Automatic Transmittion"

"Automatic manual trans. Pro: Its a wonderful car easy to drive. It a very good car for students, since its small and compact also gets very good mileage. I usually drive about 250-350 miles or more a week and I only fill the tank up once per week typicaly $30.00 a tank. In terms of style the front seats are comfortable. Love the position of the radio and all the gadgets. It wonderful and I am very attached to it. Con: The duel clutch of the automatic trans.( aids in the gear change for the car giving it the fuel efficiency) has given me trouble. In-fact its a problem for this type car. Not many people will notice it until its too late, when i took my car in because it was vibrating at 10-20mph on acceleration, they told me the fiesta has been having problems with the duel clutch and if you are out of warranty good luck to you paying the parts and service fee. If the car is accelerated very slowly it will not be noticed but the moment the acceleration is to peak at a higher gear change Your Lucky Fiesta might have this problem. Mine didn't show until almost the 20,000 mile marker. Hopefully the 2013 duel clutch is better.It the only problem i have encountered with this car. Not all fiesta's have this issue but the thing is that many consumers do not know that this car is having a problem with the duel cluch trans. that the automatic car has. I am currently on the hunt to trade mine in for a car with a bigger engine and has been on the market in the USA a longer time."

best small car

By on Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, great mileage."

Cons: "should have gotten the automatic."

"I bought this car a little over a year ago. Since then I've put 34,000 miles on it. The only work done has been oil changes. No other work has been done or needs to be done. The car is small and is perfect for driving in the City of Chicago. I can park just about any place, I can fit on any road. My over all mileage is just over 37 mpg. That's city driving and driving in traffic to/from the city. I like the voice commands and features."

This ain't your father's Fiesta

By on Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pros: "Fuel economy, Sync, price, agility, easy to park"

Cons: "Legroom a little tight in the back"

"If there is one American car that threatens the dominance of Japanese car makers in the US market, the Ford Fiesta is it. I used to own a Honda Civic sedan that I traded in for this, and the Fiesta could present serious competition to the current Civic (which is a class above the Fiesta, the Fit, etc.) notwithstanding the price difference (advantage Fiesta, obviously), and size difference (advantage Civic). I bought the Fiesta for its superb fuel economy, fantastic handling, maneuverability, Sync hands free system, and the affordability factor. Not only does it live up to expectations or better in every one of those departments, my SE sedan is stylish and does not look or drive like a cheap car. So far I have been enjoying it tremendously."

everything I expected!

By on Tuesday, October 05, 2010

"For the details, I got a SE Sedan, with the 6 speed and the 202A package. This is my first new car, and what a car it is! Things I like: The 6 speed dual clutch is great, especially when you throw it in L. This lets you get the revs to red line before it will shift. This little trick really squeezes every last drop of power from that little 1.6 Liter. The styling, it just looks good. Tell me the last high MPG car that you thought looked good. The interior, it just feels more expensive then it is. I got the upgraded cloth seats, which to me are the best way to go. Since they grip you better when you’re throwing this little car through the turns! Trunk space, this little B-segment car has more trunk space than either the Civic or the Corolla, which are C-segment cars! Things that are missing: No arm rest. Not a big deal for me, but there is no center storage area either. There are three cool cup holders, but you will be using one of them for holding your phone or MP3 player. No interior roof hand holds. None in the front, none in the back, which means no place to hang your suit or dress. When front seats all the way back, the front door arm rest is just a little short. Back seat room, my 4 year old can barely sit behind me when I have the drivers seat the way I like it. Although, this is also true of the Impreza sport I own. Overall, this car blows the competition away. I drove every car the got 35MPG or better on the highway, and none of them could touch this car! This is the kind of car that you can not wait to let your friends see you in. I have only had the car for 5 days, but already I am averaging over 35 MPG. I have yet to fill her up and I have already gone just over 300 miles! If you are even remotely interested in a car that gets good MPG you owe it to yourself to test drive one of these. You might be as surprised as I was, that I’m now driving a FORD!"

Don't buy this car!!

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "Love the engine and handling"

Cons: "Transmission, locks"

"My wife and I have always owned Fords, and so when we were finally financially able to buy our first new- off-the-showroom car, naturally we went to our local Ford dealer. We test-drove several, and settled on the 2012 Ford Fiesta. I had been partial to that car from the beginning, because of some road tests I had seen and reviews I had read, and so we were thrilled to get as our first new car such a sporty efficient car at such an affordable price. We looked forward to owning it for the life of the car, and handing it down to our children as they began driving. At about 11,000 miles, we began to notice a noise from the transmission, and it had a slip that got worse very quickly. We took it to our dealer, who kept it for 6 weeks, repaired it and returned it to us. Of course we were very grateful to have had it repaired under warrantee, and hoped this was the end of it. Alas! This was but the beginning of our sorrows. Five months later, we began to experience the same issues. Back to the dealer we went. They reprogrammed the transmission and sent us on our way. This fixed the problem for about three weeks. We have been back to the dealer four times since, each time being told there is no issue, but they will reprogram it just to be sure. The Ford corporation contacted us, and informed us that the grating noise and the extremely hard shifts and the slipping between first and second are just “normal driving characteristics” of this car, and, I guess, we should just be grateful it moves at all."

One of the best cars I've ever owned

By on Friday, May 03, 2013

Pros: "Economical, fun to drive, fabulous price point"

Cons: "could use a center arm rest"

Fiesta at work

"I love this car, and can't believe how much room there is for a small car. I average over 40 mpg...and it skyrockets if I keep it between 60 to 65 mph. I have recommended this car to everyone I talk to. On one day, two different people asked me what kind of car it was, and both got my rave reviews. This car cost me $14,000. Why buy foreign when the mileage, the dependability and the cost of driving is so economical? If you want economy, and fun, you owe it to yourself to test drive this car. BTW, I am 6'5", and very comfortable in this car."

Fiesta at work

Great Car for the money

By on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pros: "great price"

"i bought this car as a gas saver, and that's what I got. It does get the full 40 mpg. it cost about $30 to full it up on E. never had a problem with the yet"

I love it!

By on Monday, June 06, 2011

"I put a lot of consideration into this purchase. I was specifically looking for a reliable, small hatchback with great gas mileage, and it boiled down to Mazda2, Scion xd, and the Ford Fiesta. The Ford Fiesta outperformed them all in every category and is an outstanding value, and just a fun little car. I prefer the appearance of the SES with the spoiler far more than it's SE counterpart. Issues: Sometimes the gear shock is pretty rough at lower speeds, and it doesn't coast at low speeds (like in parking lots) as well as I'm used to, it's kind of awkward. This is really the reason I give it a 4/5 (it'd really be more like a 4.5/5). Also, one of my back seats isn't seated right and make a click when I make a sharp turn. Also, my driver's side window is making a noise that isn't right when I roll it down. I'll take that in to have those issues looked at soon, and doubt it will be a problem for them to fix. Also, the steering wheel is really awkward. I like to drive with one hand at 6 and can't because it has a big piece of useless plastic that extends down on it. I didn't notice it when I was purchasing. Pros: Awesome gas mileage with regular gas! The turning radias is freakin spectacular, and I can park it in anything. Outside of performance, it's a pretty stylish car. I know the ambiant lighting package is a novelty, but it is seriously worth it. Also, the leather seats with the white piping just looks awesome. The most cup holders I've ever seen for a car that size."

My little Race Car

By on Friday, November 30, 2012

Pros: "Great Price, Fun to drive, Drives like a rally car"

Cons: "Small foot box for driver"

"This car is less than two years old, and I have over 40K Miles on it. I have the 5-speed manual transmission and have had no problems with any drive train components. Great little sporty car, and I average 40 MPG with a mix of highway and city driving on my commute, which is 110 miles per day. This thing handles corners great, down shift and it flies. the only drawback that I have is the foot room for the driver is a little tight, I'm almost 6 foot tall and wear boots to work, so the foot box is cramped. I only wish I had gotten the Hatchback for the sporty look, but that cost $1200 more. Sync works great, moon roof and ambient lighting system is cool. I would buy this car again."

Fun Little Car

By on Saturday, August 25, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, sporty looking"

Cons: "no built in navigation system, back seats cramped"

"I really like this little car - great for driving in the city. It's no sports car but it's got plenty of pickup compared to some other economical cars I have owned - and it handles extremely well. Also, even though it is a small car, I fit into it quite easily even though I'm a 6'3" non-skinny guy. That being said, I don't think anyone could sit in the seat behind mine if they had legs - so it's effectively a 3-person car for me, but as I'm single that has never been an issue. Looks nice also."

Appears to be a Great Value

By on Saturday, February 04, 2012

Pros: "Great Price, Great Gas Mileage, Looks Sharp"

Cons: "No rear speakers, headrests, Driver's leg room"

"I think the car looks sharp. It looks like it cost more than it did. I'll point out the items that I've noticed since purchase that I would've thought a little more about, not saying would've changed my mind. - Can not unlock the trunk by it's self, must use key to unlock driver's door, turn twice and unlocks all doors, all or nothing when it comes to the trunk. - The headrests, both front and rear tilt in too far, forcing some to crane their neck forward. Must have something to do with safety I'm thinking. - The legroom for driver is laid out a bit odd. I'm 5.5 and I end up leaning my right leg against the console, not terribly comfortable. - There are no door locks at each door, just a central button, very annoying as it is all or nothing. My initial thought is, I don't like the central locking routine. - Would be nice if sync was available in all trim levels. - Very little finish in base model, much exposed metal in door trim and the like. But then it is the base. My very first MPG measure, very first, brand new motor, brand new tranny, etc. 37 MPG!! I'm gonna like the MPG a bunch. The 40 MPG numbers seem totally reasonable if I did this on my first 181 miles of driving. The rear defogger goes on automatically when below 40 F or so, that turns out to be very handy, as by the time you think to turn it on, the window is clear. Lacking the rear speakers in the base model is very annoying when there are 4 in the car. I'm thinking this is something I'll need to sort out one day. Although this is my car to commute into work and rarely will I have the family in it. I really like having 15 inch wheels, the larger the wheels the better the ride, the car does ride well and feels a bit bigger when under way than it is. I think the aerodynamics help with this also, she tracks straight and true. This car, based on airbags, ABS, traction control, and vehicle stability assist is a very safe car on paper. That was one of my major reasons for purchasing. I want to be a dad for as long as possible. I had a 2002 ford ranger and traded in with 183000 miles when I purchased the Fiesta. The longevity of that Ford had direct impact on me buying this ford. Finally, I hesitated buying a car with timing belt, however, the belt in the fiesta is rated at 150000 miles. I can live with that. Would still rather a chain though. Good luck with your decision and vehicle."

I love this car!

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pros: "good price, great mpg, nice drive"

Cons: "interior storage"

"I have the SE Sedan with automatic and cruise. It is a very nice looking car, rides smooth, handles well, and very-very quiet inside. It is a sub-compact, so dont expect an abundance of room, but my average sized family of 4 fits comfortably. The mileage is awesome thus far (just under 3000 driven) 38 mpg avg by manual calculation on ~60/40 hwy/cty miles. 45-46mpg on the freeway trips!"

Will never buy another!!!!!

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "Great gas milage, cute, small"

Cons: "jerking, transmission problems"

"This was my first car I bought all on my own. I was in love...until about 2000 miles ago. I bought the automatic. It started jerking about 2000 miles ago when it would shift from 1st into 2nd gear. At first I thought nothing of it the first until a few days later it got worse. I took it into the dealer and they "reprogrammed" it. After asking them to expalin what that was I got 3 differnt answers on what it would do to my car, how it would fix it, and if it would have the same problem again. I was assured no more "jerking". Two days later trying to go across 4 lanes of traffic it jerked the whole way across. I stopped called the ford dealer back got the run around alittle more and was finally told to bring it back in. After many different answers again I called a second ford dealer to see what they said. It seems this dealer had their stuff together and said I had every right to be worried and I could glady bring it to them. I was given a loaner to drive until mine was "fixed" again. Two days later I was told to bring the loaner back because they were going to replace my clutch but it was on a national back order and would take 3-4 weeks to get one. So until then I had to drive mine as it was. I truly do not even want the car anymore. The longer I drive it the more it jerks and the worse it is getting. Probably all thanks to the same dealer telling me to "drive it like I stole it" to help break it in more. Really 11,000 miles and it still needs breaking in?"

A pretty decent car

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "Looks good, great on gas, handles well"

Cons: "Almost undrivable in heavy snow"

"I bought this car about 1.5 years ago because I needed a reliable and fuel efficient car. I decided on this Fiesta hatchback. (black/black, sport appearance package, 5spd). I like how this car looks and handles. It is great on gas. My HUGE complaint is with the traction control system. It is absolutely horrible in deep snow. Being in northeast Ohio snow is a regular thing and this car is a sitting duck in inclement weather. I realize having traction control is a "safety" feature, but if the car literally can't move that's not very safe either. This is especially annoying having a 5spd because usually one can obtain traction in snow very easily, yet this TC system completely cuts all wheel power. Furthermore, the fact you can't turn it off if you need to is totally inconvenient/ inexcusable. I realize this is an entry level car but similar models have options to turn it off. Plus if it was an issue of driving "reckless" with the traction control off, how come high performance cars have the option of disabling it? I literally bought a Jeep for the past winter because of this cars winter performance... Not something I was planning on having to do considering I bought a brand new car. Overall this is a great commuter car but if you deal with a lot of snow I would recommend something else."

Best car in it's class.

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pros: "Gas mileage, Style and drive for price, Safety"

Cons: "None so far"

"Initially, I wanted the Honda Fit but ultimately decided on a Ford Fiesta. 6 months later, I am still very happy. Here's how and why... Before purchasing this car, I test drove the Smart Car, the Toyota Yaris, and the Honda Fit. I narrowed it down to these three cars after watching driver videos, reading owner reviews and researching about 8 different models in the economy class. It came down to the Honda Fit and the Ford Fiesta. I chose the Ford Fiesta 5-Door Hatchback SE over the Honda Fit because the Fiesta had better acceleration, a better ride, and more attractive styling. The body lines are classier looking than the boxy Fit. I felt like the Fiesta was a more mature car that I could live with and it didn't scream economy car. Actually, it doesn't even state economy car...many other reviewers said this and I found it to be true also. The interior is sharp. Also with the Honda Fit, I foresaw aggravation with trying to get on the highway whereas with the Ford Fiesta it didn't seem like it was going to be a problem, and indeed it has not been. Another reason I found the Ford Fiesta to be better than the Fit is that the Fiesta is one of only two cars in the Minicar category at IIHS that is a Top Safety Pick. Besides the fact that it is a safer car, this rating also lowers insurance payments on the Fiesta. After having driven the Fiesta for a while now there are some real things to love. I get BETTER gas mileage in the city than the window sticker states. The window sticker says 29, I regularly am getting 31-32. The tight turning radius is great, really it'll surprise you. The auto-manual has been smooth (you have to break it in properly, but even if you don't the dealer can reset it and you can retrain it with smooth driving for a 1000 miles) and the acceleration, for an economy car, is great. On the highway this car is comfortable. The cabin is tight and quiet (the opposite seems to be true with the Fit.) I feel like Ford hit a winner with this one. Finally something better than the Honda Fit. I think they created a comfortable, polished, and gas mileage friendly driving car. Oh and one last thing...I was pleasantly surprised to find the maintenance required is the least of any car I have owned! I felt compelled to write a review because I am very happy with this car."

Fun to drive, nimble handling and 41 mpg!

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "Handling, gas mileage and manual transmission."

Cons: "None yet - ask me in another 5 years."

"After 40 years of practical car shopping, I bought this used 2011 Fiesta on a whim. It looked sharp in the showroom, had all the bells and whistles and, most important to me, a manual tranny. Two years and 30K miles later I'm still really happy with the car! If I can get 150K with no serious maintenance, I'll consider this one of my best cars ever. The clutch and tranny feel just right - not quite snick-snack shifting but darn close. First gear could be a little longer, but after a quick shift into second the revs match up well with my needs. Available torque is impressive for the 1.6L, and the set up is perfect at highway speeds - no need to plan ahead or downshift for passes and lane changes. Handling is a strong point; the best I've had by far after a long line of typical sedans. Quick, nimble and predictable. Wonderful in the snow and with plenty of ground clearance, great for New England ski trips regardless of the weather. Gas mileage is a solid 41 mpg over the full two years. About 50-50 highway-city with just myself in the car. I'm recommending this car to all who ask me and will likely buy another in the future."

best car i have ever owned- period

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

"Best car I have ever owned. Great gas miledge, awesome looks, and great handling and braking. A best bet for someone interested in the best of everything in a compact that gets 40 plus miles per gallon"

I love my Fiesta

By on Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Pros: "great gas mileage, easy to park"

Cons: "rear window visabiliy."

"I purchased the Fiesta SES with a manual transmission. I needed a car to drive into Chicago and leave at the airport. I was looking for good gas mileage and easy to park. This car does both those and a lot more. I love that I could get an economy car that was fun to drive, had heated seats and a good sound system. I like the Ford Sync and that I can play music from my phone through the cars sterio system. I have 40,000 trouble free miles on this car. I've only been to the dealer for the 7,500 mile oil changes. No other work was needed to be done on this car and everything is in good working order."

2012 Fiesta SE - Automatic

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "Handles well, easy to park, cute"

Cons: "Door cup holder, no manual door unlocks"

"I bought this car in May of 2012. It handles very well, turns on a dime and can be parked effortlessly. The transmission, which is certianly different, has not been a problem for me. It is loud and a bit jerky, but that is the nature of this transmission. It is more akin to a standard transmission than a traditional American transmission. I think at least some reviewers are trying to make it into a hydromatic...it isn't. It also has a few minor, but very annoying quirks. First the electric door unlock is in the middle of the dash and there are no manual unlocking buttons. Also, the cupholder next to your left leg is a real pain. On balance though, I love this car and would recommend it."

terrific

By on Thursday, August 02, 2012

Pros: "see my review"

Cons: "see my review"

"The only drawbacks are that the hinges for the hatchback cover didn't last long, and the headlights are aimed too low. It also would have been nice if the sync display wasn't in LED red. Otherwise, this is the best car I've ever owned. PLUS, I get better MPG than was posted. ALSO, this car accelerate better than V6s I've owned. Punch it, and it goes!"

This is a luxury car with an economy price!

By on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

"This car drives and handles like a much more expensive vehicle and it gets 36mpg in town and 44mpg on the highway!"