2014 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $13,489 - $14,074.

10/7.2

7.6

Based on 206 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

everything I expected!

By on Tuesday, October 05, 2010

"For the details, I got a SE Sedan, with the 6 speed and the 202A package. This is my first new car, and what a car it is! Things I like: The 6 speed dual clutch is great, especially when you throw it in L. This lets you get the revs to red line before it will shift. This little trick really squeezes every last drop of power from that little 1.6 Liter. The styling, it just looks good. Tell me the last high MPG car that you thought looked good. The interior, it just feels more expensive then it is. I got the upgraded cloth seats, which to me are the best way to go. Since they grip you better when you’re throwing this little car through the turns! Trunk space, this little B-segment car has more trunk space than either the Civic or the Corolla, which are C-segment cars! Things that are missing: No arm rest. Not a big deal for me, but there is no center storage area either. There are three cool cup holders, but you will be using one of them for holding your phone or MP3 player. No interior roof hand holds. None in the front, none in the back, which means no place to hang your suit or dress. When front seats all the way back, the front door arm rest is just a little short. Back seat room, my 4 year old can barely sit behind me when I have the drivers seat the way I like it. Although, this is also true of the Impreza sport I own. Overall, this car blows the competition away. I drove every car the got 35MPG or better on the highway, and none of them could touch this car! This is the kind of car that you can not wait to let your friends see you in. I have only had the car for 5 days, but already I am averaging over 35 MPG. I have yet to fill her up and I have already gone just over 300 miles! If you are even remotely interested in a car that gets good MPG you owe it to yourself to test drive one of these. You might be as surprised as I was, that I’m now driving a FORD!"

One of the best cars I've ever owned

By on Friday, May 03, 2013

Pros: "Economical, fun to drive, fabulous price point"

Cons: "could use a center arm rest"

Fiesta at work

"I love this car, and can't believe how much room there is for a small car. I average over 40 mpg...and it skyrockets if I keep it between 60 to 65 mph. I have recommended this car to everyone I talk to. On one day, two different people asked me what kind of car it was, and both got my rave reviews. This car cost me $14,000. Why buy foreign when the mileage, the dependability and the cost of driving is so economical? If you want economy, and fun, you owe it to yourself to test drive this car. BTW, I am 6'5", and very comfortable in this car."

Fiesta at work

Fun to drive, great mileage, I love it!

By on Wednesday, February 06, 2013

"I recommend the Ford Fiesta SE for Seniors. The price is right and mileage is great. Trunk offers lots of room along with the rear seat folding down for additional space if needed. Purchasing a added Extended Warranty will bring you up to 6-years 60,000 miles. Be sure and check this out if you plan to drive the car for a number of years. The ability to transfer the warranty for a low price to the next owner is an added advantage when you sell it. Living in Michigan we have some weeks when the roads are covered with snow. The Fiesta handles well in the snow. Check the Ford Fiesta out when looking for a new car. You might find it to what you are looking for. I did!"

Great Car for the money

By on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pros: "great price"

"i bought this car as a gas saver, and that's what I got. It does get the full 40 mpg. it cost about $30 to full it up on E. never had a problem with the yet"

I love it!

By on Monday, June 06, 2011

"I put a lot of consideration into this purchase. I was specifically looking for a reliable, small hatchback with great gas mileage, and it boiled down to Mazda2, Scion xd, and the Ford Fiesta. The Ford Fiesta outperformed them all in every category and is an outstanding value, and just a fun little car. I prefer the appearance of the SES with the spoiler far more than it's SE counterpart. Issues: Sometimes the gear shock is pretty rough at lower speeds, and it doesn't coast at low speeds (like in parking lots) as well as I'm used to, it's kind of awkward. This is really the reason I give it a 4/5 (it'd really be more like a 4.5/5). Also, one of my back seats isn't seated right and make a click when I make a sharp turn. Also, my driver's side window is making a noise that isn't right when I roll it down. I'll take that in to have those issues looked at soon, and doubt it will be a problem for them to fix. Also, the steering wheel is really awkward. I like to drive with one hand at 6 and can't because it has a big piece of useless plastic that extends down on it. I didn't notice it when I was purchasing. Pros: Awesome gas mileage with regular gas! The turning radias is freakin spectacular, and I can park it in anything. Outside of performance, it's a pretty stylish car. I know the ambiant lighting package is a novelty, but it is seriously worth it. Also, the leather seats with the white piping just looks awesome. The most cup holders I've ever seen for a car that size."

Terrible Car

By on Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Pros: "Nice looking"

Cons: "bad transmissions, poor fuel mileage, and more"

my car

"I purchased this car band new and by 26,000 I had to replace the transmission because of a terrible grinding sound coming from the transmission while driving. Ford was not helpful and kept pushing me out the door until 6 months and 8 visits to the dealership later they finally replaced the transmission. They stated that the grinding noise is perfectly normal characteristics of the vehicle but if it's grinding on all gears then they replace the transmissions?? Seems fishy to me... Plus I only get 34 miles per gallon and I have had this car for over a year now; my travel time is all high way also and they can't explain why. DON'T BUY THEM!"

my car

My little Race Car

By on Friday, November 30, 2012

Pros: "Great Price, Fun to drive, Drives like a rally car"

Cons: "Small foot box for driver"

"This car is less than two years old, and I have over 40K Miles on it. I have the 5-speed manual transmission and have had no problems with any drive train components. Great little sporty car, and I average 40 MPG with a mix of highway and city driving on my commute, which is 110 miles per day. This thing handles corners great, down shift and it flies. the only drawback that I have is the foot room for the driver is a little tight, I'm almost 6 foot tall and wear boots to work, so the foot box is cramped. I only wish I had gotten the Hatchback for the sporty look, but that cost $1200 more. Sync works great, moon roof and ambient lighting system is cool. I would buy this car again."

Fun Little Car

By on Saturday, August 25, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, sporty looking"

Cons: "no built in navigation system, back seats cramped"

"I really like this little car - great for driving in the city. It's no sports car but it's got plenty of pickup compared to some other economical cars I have owned - and it handles extremely well. Also, even though it is a small car, I fit into it quite easily even though I'm a 6'3" non-skinny guy. That being said, I don't think anyone could sit in the seat behind mine if they had legs - so it's effectively a 3-person car for me, but as I'm single that has never been an issue. Looks nice also."

So far I cannot complain- does everything needed.

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, SYNC funtion"

Cons: "The tranni ats weird for the first 5K miles until"

"I bought the 2014 model in Sept. '13 from Midway Ford. The interior is just as you would expect for any economy car so I cannot complain- you get what you pay for. However, I use the SYNC function all the time with my Kindle and the sound from the six speakers is terrific. The gas mileage is incredible: recently I drove 425 miles on one tank of gas (nearly all highway though) Its the perfect commuting car if you need a car to get to/from work and need something economical and that will get you from point A to B."

The ST is perfect

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, Versatile,"

Cons: "High seating position, Five doors,"

"I actually own a Ford Fiesta ST, but the ST was not a option I could choose. The back seats are not really that spacious but people do not sit back there very often, so it is not that big of a deal to me. I park next to a Mazda Miata every night and the Fiesta is a tad bit longer, so how it fits a backseat at all makes it nice for those just in case I have more then one passenger moments. I am 6'2" and I find the car fits me perfectly. I like the optional recaro seats as well. My only complaints about the whole car is that you sit kind of high and it has five doors. I guess I'm weird and like to sit as close to the ground as possible and a three door just looks better to me. The drive is great. So much torque and low end power. A bit bumpy at times but I like it that way. The handling is quick and responsive. I test drove a Mustang GT and a Focus ST but neither of them were as fun to drive or as cheap as the Fiesta. The Mustang GT felt kind of sloppy and it was hard to have fun in while being confined to the speed limit. The Focus ST was brilliant but not for the price difference especially when you started to add on options. Sync has worked excellently so far, but I have not owned the vehicle for very long so we'll see. The Fiesta ST is the perfect car. Easy to park, Fun to drive, All weather friendly, five seats, handy hatch, decent MPG's for a sporting car, and nice to look at."

Appears to be a Great Value

By on Saturday, February 04, 2012

Pros: "Great Price, Great Gas Mileage, Looks Sharp"

Cons: "No rear speakers, headrests, Driver's leg room"

"I think the car looks sharp. It looks like it cost more than it did. I'll point out the items that I've noticed since purchase that I would've thought a little more about, not saying would've changed my mind. - Can not unlock the trunk by it's self, must use key to unlock driver's door, turn twice and unlocks all doors, all or nothing when it comes to the trunk. - The headrests, both front and rear tilt in too far, forcing some to crane their neck forward. Must have something to do with safety I'm thinking. - The legroom for driver is laid out a bit odd. I'm 5.5 and I end up leaning my right leg against the console, not terribly comfortable. - There are no door locks at each door, just a central button, very annoying as it is all or nothing. My initial thought is, I don't like the central locking routine. - Would be nice if sync was available in all trim levels. - Very little finish in base model, much exposed metal in door trim and the like. But then it is the base. My very first MPG measure, very first, brand new motor, brand new tranny, etc. 37 MPG!! I'm gonna like the MPG a bunch. The 40 MPG numbers seem totally reasonable if I did this on my first 181 miles of driving. The rear defogger goes on automatically when below 40 F or so, that turns out to be very handy, as by the time you think to turn it on, the window is clear. Lacking the rear speakers in the base model is very annoying when there are 4 in the car. I'm thinking this is something I'll need to sort out one day. Although this is my car to commute into work and rarely will I have the family in it. I really like having 15 inch wheels, the larger the wheels the better the ride, the car does ride well and feels a bit bigger when under way than it is. I think the aerodynamics help with this also, she tracks straight and true. This car, based on airbags, ABS, traction control, and vehicle stability assist is a very safe car on paper. That was one of my major reasons for purchasing. I want to be a dad for as long as possible. I had a 2002 ford ranger and traded in with 183000 miles when I purchased the Fiesta. The longevity of that Ford had direct impact on me buying this ford. Finally, I hesitated buying a car with timing belt, however, the belt in the fiesta is rated at 150000 miles. I can live with that. Would still rather a chain though. Good luck with your decision and vehicle."

I love this car!

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pros: "good price, great mpg, nice drive"

Cons: "interior storage"

"I have the SE Sedan with automatic and cruise. It is a very nice looking car, rides smooth, handles well, and very-very quiet inside. It is a sub-compact, so dont expect an abundance of room, but my average sized family of 4 fits comfortably. The mileage is awesome thus far (just under 3000 driven) 38 mpg avg by manual calculation on ~60/40 hwy/cty miles. 45-46mpg on the freeway trips!"

Will never buy another!!!!!

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "Great gas milage, cute, small"

Cons: "jerking, transmission problems"

"This was my first car I bought all on my own. I was in love...until about 2000 miles ago. I bought the automatic. It started jerking about 2000 miles ago when it would shift from 1st into 2nd gear. At first I thought nothing of it the first until a few days later it got worse. I took it into the dealer and they "reprogrammed" it. After asking them to expalin what that was I got 3 differnt answers on what it would do to my car, how it would fix it, and if it would have the same problem again. I was assured no more "jerking". Two days later trying to go across 4 lanes of traffic it jerked the whole way across. I stopped called the ford dealer back got the run around alittle more and was finally told to bring it back in. After many different answers again I called a second ford dealer to see what they said. It seems this dealer had their stuff together and said I had every right to be worried and I could glady bring it to them. I was given a loaner to drive until mine was "fixed" again. Two days later I was told to bring the loaner back because they were going to replace my clutch but it was on a national back order and would take 3-4 weeks to get one. So until then I had to drive mine as it was. I truly do not even want the car anymore. The longer I drive it the more it jerks and the worse it is getting. Probably all thanks to the same dealer telling me to "drive it like I stole it" to help break it in more. Really 11,000 miles and it still needs breaking in?"

I bought this on impulse, and wound up loving it!

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Handling and interior."

Cons: "Non unrelated to the size of the car."

"Fully intending to buy a conventional sedan, this Fiesta caught my eye in the showroom and for once in my life I bought a car on impulse. It turned out to be a good choice. The car is comfortable, fun to drive and reliable through its first 30K miles. The clutch and gearbox are both solid and predictable. I'm averaging 40 mpg with the standard transmission doing about 50% highway miles."

comfortable, great mileage

By on Friday, September 20, 2013

Pros: "exciting, value, great looking"

Cons: "little light on power"

"had the car a year and a half and love it. been on a couple long trips and it has done excellent. The front is very spacious for two adults. With me driving the back seat gets a little cramped (i'm six foot though). The driver's seat is very adjustable; you can go with anything from a street racer with it very low with the wheel right in front of you, all the way up to nearly feeling like your in a small SUV. driving around my small town i avg about 35 mpg. only drawback is if you have to run the ac/heater much, it really hurts the mpg. small, safe, and very satisfying to drive."

A pretty decent car

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "Looks good, great on gas, handles well"

Cons: "Almost undrivable in heavy snow"

"I bought this car about 1.5 years ago because I needed a reliable and fuel efficient car. I decided on this Fiesta hatchback. (black/black, sport appearance package, 5spd). I like how this car looks and handles. It is great on gas. My HUGE complaint is with the traction control system. It is absolutely horrible in deep snow. Being in northeast Ohio snow is a regular thing and this car is a sitting duck in inclement weather. I realize having traction control is a "safety" feature, but if the car literally can't move that's not very safe either. This is especially annoying having a 5spd because usually one can obtain traction in snow very easily, yet this TC system completely cuts all wheel power. Furthermore, the fact you can't turn it off if you need to is totally inconvenient/ inexcusable. I realize this is an entry level car but similar models have options to turn it off. Plus if it was an issue of driving "reckless" with the traction control off, how come high performance cars have the option of disabling it? I literally bought a Jeep for the past winter because of this cars winter performance... Not something I was planning on having to do considering I bought a brand new car. Overall this is a great commuter car but if you deal with a lot of snow I would recommend something else."

Best car in it's class.

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pros: "Gas mileage, Style and drive for price, Safety"

Cons: "None so far"

"Initially, I wanted the Honda Fit but ultimately decided on a Ford Fiesta. 6 months later, I am still very happy. Here's how and why... Before purchasing this car, I test drove the Smart Car, the Toyota Yaris, and the Honda Fit. I narrowed it down to these three cars after watching driver videos, reading owner reviews and researching about 8 different models in the economy class. It came down to the Honda Fit and the Ford Fiesta. I chose the Ford Fiesta 5-Door Hatchback SE over the Honda Fit because the Fiesta had better acceleration, a better ride, and more attractive styling. The body lines are classier looking than the boxy Fit. I felt like the Fiesta was a more mature car that I could live with and it didn't scream economy car. Actually, it doesn't even state economy car...many other reviewers said this and I found it to be true also. The interior is sharp. Also with the Honda Fit, I foresaw aggravation with trying to get on the highway whereas with the Ford Fiesta it didn't seem like it was going to be a problem, and indeed it has not been. Another reason I found the Ford Fiesta to be better than the Fit is that the Fiesta is one of only two cars in the Minicar category at IIHS that is a Top Safety Pick. Besides the fact that it is a safer car, this rating also lowers insurance payments on the Fiesta. After having driven the Fiesta for a while now there are some real things to love. I get BETTER gas mileage in the city than the window sticker states. The window sticker says 29, I regularly am getting 31-32. The tight turning radius is great, really it'll surprise you. The auto-manual has been smooth (you have to break it in properly, but even if you don't the dealer can reset it and you can retrain it with smooth driving for a 1000 miles) and the acceleration, for an economy car, is great. On the highway this car is comfortable. The cabin is tight and quiet (the opposite seems to be true with the Fit.) I feel like Ford hit a winner with this one. Finally something better than the Honda Fit. I think they created a comfortable, polished, and gas mileage friendly driving car. Oh and one last thing...I was pleasantly surprised to find the maintenance required is the least of any car I have owned! I felt compelled to write a review because I am very happy with this car."

Might be the best car I've ever owned.

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

Pros: "Handling, economy, motor"

Cons: "Center console layout, 12v outlets (only 1)."

"I'm 6' 1", and this fits me perfectly. Handling is superb, motor loves to run. We went across the country - 9400 miles in 25 days - it got an average of 42 mpg, with the AC on @ 70 mph. Trunk is big enough for two people for a trip like that."

Fun to drive, efficient and reliable!

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pros: "fuel econ, fun to drive"

Cons: "no center council. l installed my own"

"Off the lot with 24 miles, I was concerned the new tech would cause problems. The sync, 6 spd trans and boasted fuel econ were big in 2011, would they hold up? The car is still everything it was when it was new. Coming to this car from a SUV was amazing. 38-42 mpg, same range as the SUV, but half the fuel. ride is also very nice, non fatiguing seats and a pleasure for long hauls!"

best car i have ever owned- period

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

"Best car I have ever owned. Great gas miledge, awesome looks, and great handling and braking. A best bet for someone interested in the best of everything in a compact that gets 40 plus miles per gallon"

I love my Fiesta

By on Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Pros: "great gas mileage, easy to park"

Cons: "rear window visabiliy."

"I purchased the Fiesta SES with a manual transmission. I needed a car to drive into Chicago and leave at the airport. I was looking for good gas mileage and easy to park. This car does both those and a lot more. I love that I could get an economy car that was fun to drive, had heated seats and a good sound system. I like the Ford Sync and that I can play music from my phone through the cars sterio system. I have 40,000 trouble free miles on this car. I've only been to the dealer for the 7,500 mile oil changes. No other work was needed to be done on this car and everything is in good working order."

2012 Fiesta SE - Automatic

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "Handles well, easy to park, cute"

Cons: "Door cup holder, no manual door unlocks"

"I bought this car in May of 2012. It handles very well, turns on a dime and can be parked effortlessly. The transmission, which is certianly different, has not been a problem for me. It is loud and a bit jerky, but that is the nature of this transmission. It is more akin to a standard transmission than a traditional American transmission. I think at least some reviewers are trying to make it into a hydromatic...it isn't. It also has a few minor, but very annoying quirks. First the electric door unlock is in the middle of the dash and there are no manual unlocking buttons. Also, the cupholder next to your left leg is a real pain. On balance though, I love this car and would recommend it."

terrific

By on Thursday, August 02, 2012

Pros: "see my review"

Cons: "see my review"

"The only drawbacks are that the hinges for the hatchback cover didn't last long, and the headlights are aimed too low. It also would have been nice if the sync display wasn't in LED red. Otherwise, this is the best car I've ever owned. PLUS, I get better MPG than was posted. ALSO, this car accelerate better than V6s I've owned. Punch it, and it goes!"

VERY NICE CAR

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

"This car drives very good ..Great on gas I fill up like every two weeks and 28.00 dollars to fill the tank @3.54 a gallon I get around 34 to 38 miles to a gallon. I like the looks of this car and can handle fast turns and nice speeds oil changes are every 6,000 to 10,000 miles can't beat that"

This is a luxury car with an economy price!

By on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

"This car drives and handles like a much more expensive vehicle and it gets 36mpg in town and 44mpg on the highway!"