2014 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $13,797 - $14,124.

10/7.2

7.7

Based on 178 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Built 07/23/2014, Fiesta SE pleasure to drive!

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "European handling, Excellent MPG, Miles of Smiles"

Cons: "Seats a bit narrow."

14 Fiesta SE sedan

"There is no denying early Fiesta owners have experienced automatic transmission problems. This issue is resolved. Ford has a new automatic clutch designated (E) with better seals and updated software. Ford has not abandoned those owners & is extending warranty to 7 years 100K miles on 2011 through 2014 Fiesta's. Here is an easy fix for those 11 through 14 Fiesta owners with electrical gremlins. The negative ground of the battery connects to a painted bracket on the strut tower. Sand off the paint on bracket for a much improved electrical ground connection and reattach the ground adding a bit of dielectric grease to prevent corrosion. This will make a much better surface for high electric current to flow & resolve any weird electrical glitches. It was an assembly line oversight. This sub compact car is fun to drive with excellent 39 mpg highway 36 city. It handles very well and corners superbly. Very quiet inside with European styling out. As compared to those from Asia, Fiesta offers greater number of options at a very reasonable price. A/C is standard on all Fiesta's. I have never found any automobile that was 100% flaw free. Human beings design & produce automobiles. Also consider the reputation of a dealership and their willingness to stand behind a product they sell. If you live in an area where service is 500 miles away, would you purchase that product? Ford will be in business for years to come and a reputable dealer will want your repeat business. We traded a 10 year old Subaru. A New Subaru was knocked out early as the sheet metal is very thin and can be dented just waxing the car. So, it came down to either a Honda Fit or the Ford Fiesta. Ford won hands down. It road better, was much quieter, handled better, with better gas mileage. My other vehicle BTW is a Honda Odyssey. I am a Honda fan, but the Fiesta was a much better buy, with a local dealer who was willing to negotiate and wanted my business. I actually bought my Honda Odyssey used from the same salesman at the ford dealer years ago. We also had considered a Mazda 3, but the local dealership has a most negative reputation and the next nearest Mazda dealership is 250 miles away. There is so much to consider in a new car purchase. The Fiesta is a best buy."

14 Fiesta SE sedan

DIFFICULT TO GET USED TO

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "STYLE & MPG"

Cons: "6 SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION"

"6 SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION DIFFICULT TO GET USED TO or OPERATE even AFTER 3 YEARS. GREAT SHAPE, AWESOME MPG, but NOT FUN TO DRIVE IN THE CITY or IN THE WINTER."

Milage is fantastic

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Pros: "MPG, fun, perfect color, no machanical problems"

Cons: "have not found any "cons""

"I love this car and want to trade in for the exact car in the new year! It gets the best MPG for any non-hybrid I know of. 40-45 on the road and 38-40 around town! Great little car!"

Love this car!

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "Great price, realiable, great of gas"

Cons: "Leg room for passengers in backseat"

"This car has treated me very well! Im averaging 41 MPG! Its cute, reliable, Ive had no issues! The only compliant I have is the back seat. Its not roomy for passengers! But other then that great car, great value!"

This car is awesome!

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pros: "Cheap, awesome to drive"

Cons: "There's no knob to tune the radio"

"Good amount of power. It's surprisingly comfortable for such a small car, I've driven it from Detroit, MI to Lincoln, NE and the seats are great (I don't have the Recaro's). It's a fun go-cart-y car and puts a smile on my face daily. I drive fairly "spiritedly" and I'm averaging over 32 mpg. What else is there to say."

Nice but

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

Pros: "Cute, good gas mileage"

Cons: "Not all that comfy."

"It is a good little car, but it IS little and low to the ground. The seats have very little padding, if any, so comfort becomes a factor for someone who commutes one hour one way like me."

Horrible, clanky transmission

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Nice to look at"

Cons: "Horrible transmission"

"The transmission in our Ford Fiesta has had multiple issues and still makes lots of noise and is jerky. Ford tells us that this transmission comes with some noise but the noises get worse as does the responses of shifting and accelerating. The latest issue is with the AUX button on the sound system which doesn't work anymore, and a scraping.noise when turning the wheel. We are scheduled yet again to have these things fixed but can't get in to the dealer service department until Aug. 11th......today is July 11th.....as they are completely booked due to other Ford recalls. We feel frustrated and stuck with this very poorly made vehicle because we would never in good conscience sell it to anyone and are pretty sure no one who drove it and heard it would want it. We will NEVER give Ford our business again. Beware of the Ford Fiesta......we are not the only ones having these issues."

Fun to drive, nimble handling and 41 mpg!

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "Handling, gas mileage and manual transmission."

Cons: "None yet - ask me in another 5 years."

"After 40 years of practical car shopping, I bought this used 2011 Fiesta on a whim. It looked sharp in the showroom, had all the bells and whistles and, most important to me, a manual tranny. Two years and 30K miles later I'm still really happy with the car! If I can get 150K with no serious maintenance, I'll consider this one of my best cars ever. The clutch and tranny feel just right - not quite snick-snack shifting but darn close. First gear could be a little longer, but after a quick shift into second the revs match up well with my needs. Available torque is impressive for the 1.6L, and the set up is perfect at highway speeds - no need to plan ahead or downshift for passes and lane changes. Handling is a strong point; the best I've had by far after a long line of typical sedans. Quick, nimble and predictable. Wonderful in the snow and with plenty of ground clearance, great for New England ski trips regardless of the weather. Gas mileage is a solid 41 mpg over the full two years. About 50-50 highway-city with just myself in the car. I'm recommending this car to all who ask me and will likely buy another in the future."

So far I cannot complain- does everything needed.

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, SYNC funtion"

Cons: "The tranni ats weird for the first 5K miles until"

"I bought the 2014 model in Sept. '13 from Midway Ford. The interior is just as you would expect for any economy car so I cannot complain- you get what you pay for. However, I use the SYNC function all the time with my Kindle and the sound from the six speakers is terrific. The gas mileage is incredible: recently I drove 425 miles on one tank of gas (nearly all highway though) Its the perfect commuting car if you need a car to get to/from work and need something economical and that will get you from point A to B."

Great car to drive…until you try to stretch out.

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive and with a light touch, great milage"

Cons: "No room to spread out"

"I am very pleased over all with no problems and an average of 38mpg. For a car that was bought for its low price, I have been impressed with the quality of the build and the driving dynamics. The only issue I have is with the lack of stretch out room for your legs on long trips. It seems that Ford could have scooped out the console to give you room to spread out, but no, style won out over comfort. My 19yo would rather ride in the tight back seat than fight the console! Oh well, I feel that other than that it is a great car, in fact I am ready to trade it in on a 2015 with an Ecoboost engine, 1liter or 1.6. I can go for either great milage or great fun!"