2014 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $13,618 - $13,959.

10/7.2

7.7

Based on 184 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Appears to be a Great Value

By on Saturday, February 04, 2012

Pros: "Great Price, Great Gas Mileage, Looks Sharp"

Cons: "No rear speakers, headrests, Driver's leg room"

"I think the car looks sharp. It looks like it cost more than it did. I'll point out the items that I've noticed since purchase that I would've thought a little more about, not saying would've changed my mind. - Can not unlock the trunk by it's self, must use key to unlock driver's door, turn twice and unlocks all doors, all or nothing when it comes to the trunk. - The headrests, both front and rear tilt in too far, forcing some to crane their neck forward. Must have something to do with safety I'm thinking. - The legroom for driver is laid out a bit odd. I'm 5.5 and I end up leaning my right leg against the console, not terribly comfortable. - There are no door locks at each door, just a central button, very annoying as it is all or nothing. My initial thought is, I don't like the central locking routine. - Would be nice if sync was available in all trim levels. - Very little finish in base model, much exposed metal in door trim and the like. But then it is the base. My very first MPG measure, very first, brand new motor, brand new tranny, etc. 37 MPG!! I'm gonna like the MPG a bunch. The 40 MPG numbers seem totally reasonable if I did this on my first 181 miles of driving. The rear defogger goes on automatically when below 40 F or so, that turns out to be very handy, as by the time you think to turn it on, the window is clear. Lacking the rear speakers in the base model is very annoying when there are 4 in the car. I'm thinking this is something I'll need to sort out one day. Although this is my car to commute into work and rarely will I have the family in it. I really like having 15 inch wheels, the larger the wheels the better the ride, the car does ride well and feels a bit bigger when under way than it is. I think the aerodynamics help with this also, she tracks straight and true. This car, based on airbags, ABS, traction control, and vehicle stability assist is a very safe car on paper. That was one of my major reasons for purchasing. I want to be a dad for as long as possible. I had a 2002 ford ranger and traded in with 183000 miles when I purchased the Fiesta. The longevity of that Ford had direct impact on me buying this ford. Finally, I hesitated buying a car with timing belt, however, the belt in the fiesta is rated at 150000 miles. I can live with that. Would still rather a chain though. Good luck with your decision and vehicle."

Great affordable compact

By on Thursday, February 02, 2012

Pros: "great price, great fuel economy, great utility"

Cons: "leg positions, no cruise control in base, reverse"

"Very affordable. Seems to be excellent build quality. Fantastic mileage. Only complaints are uncomfortable highway leg positions (I'm only 5'9", but my right leg is very uncomfortable resting against the center column during long trips) and lack of cruise control in base model. Oh, I guess my other complaint is that it doesn't like to go into reverse sometimes. I think the shifter is seated, and I give it gas and it grinds. Sometimes I notice it before it happens, but no amount of shifting into the other gears fixes it. It needs a little rolling to get a grip, I guess. I know rear gears aren't synchronized, but I've never had this problem with other manuals. Bad for the transmission and scares the heck out of me when I fail to notice it isn't seated. I chose this car over some of the other compacts because the base 5 speed manual comes with a split fold down rear seat for carrying large loads. I'm one of those annoying guys who go to Lowe's and buy a load of lumber only to squeeze it into his compact car. Shrug. Also, I love that it has an Aux jack in the stereo for plugging in my iphone/ipad. I've been buying radio and cassette adapters for 10 years. It's nice that auto manufacturers have finally realized that no one buys CDs anymore."

New Fords are awesome

By on Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Pros: "Great Gas Milage, Beautiful colors, Fun to drive"

Cons: "Can sometimes be uncomfortable on long drives"

"I didn't used to be a fan of new ford, they looked big and bulky. I was actually planning on buying a Nissan but decided to test drive this car because of it's color, "Magenta". Drove it and feel in love with with."

Excellent car for the price

By on Saturday, January 28, 2012

"Gas mileage is around 39-44 mpg on the highway. Sync is a must for mobile phone users."

It didn't survive but I walked away

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Mileage ,safety"

Cons: "center button door lock the price for upgrades"

"Everybody talks about the mileage. Let me tell you about the safety factor! I owned my car for one week 300 miles and was enjoying it. well you don't want this to happen to you but it happened to me. I was driving about 35 miles an hour and a car turns left infront me there was probably 15 feet before impact the front crushed like an accordian the air bags went off by my knees and face. I did have a bruise on my wrist from the steering wheel cover slapping me but nothing else. I think it could have been a lot at the speed I was going. I hope nobody has to find out how safe their Fiesta is, but a least you know it is Please Don't try it with your Fiesta results may vary but in my opinion I don't think very much"