2014 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $13,942 - $14,247.

10/7.2

7.8

Based on 169 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

We Bought 2

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, Ride, Style"

Cons: "Sirius needs to be free for a year"

"We liked this car so much we bought 2. We had 2 focuses before and mine was the 2dr hatch. I was getting thrashed driving that car, I have a bad back and the ride was horrible. I test drove a bunch of used cars when the finance guy suggested we test drive a Fiesta. I fell in love with it from the minute I sat in it. It rides nice. We avg 32 mpg in the city. The only thing I wish we had was a year for free Sirius."

Amazing

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "gas, comfort, handling, lots of options"

Cons: "no console storage"

"I love my new Ford Fiesta! It drives so smooth and has amazing gas mileage. I did a lot of research before purchasing a new car and the reviews all pointed to the fiesta. And they were right! It's sleek and sporty, awesome car!"

VERY NICE CAR

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

"This car drives very good ..Great on gas I fill up like every two weeks and 28.00 dollars to fill the tank @3.54 a gallon I get around 34 to 38 miles to a gallon. I like the looks of this car and can handle fast turns and nice speeds oil changes are every 6,000 to 10,000 miles can't beat that"

Love this car

By on Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pros: "Good price."

"Drives great for a small car and great fuel economy"

Too much hand-holding

By on Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pros: "Price, mileage, style, comfort, fun"

Cons: "Reliance on electronics that may fail"

"This vehicle is a well thought out design in many aspects. When it comes to my cars though, I have high expectations -- many which may be different from the "mainstream" ideas. First, the positive things about the car. It's very fun to drive, obviously it has great gas mileage (if you drive it right), and it starts out at a very reasonable price (BTW if you have this car, those that know about it will only be interested in the gas mileage, as if that's the only benefit of the car). The color choices are great, and it has a well thought out interior to maximize room considering the overall size of the vehicle. Also, the gadgets and gizmos in the car are really neat but I prefer not rely upon them. Since you can find all of these things out on any fiesta review out there though, I will be focusing on what you wont find in other reviews out there. The first and foremost issue I have with the car is longevity. It has some serious technical handholding going on, which inevitably cause the car to be reliant on complicated electronics. When I'm looking at a car to get, I fear complicated electronics. They cause cars to die very early ages, and for dumb reasons. I'll give you some examples, but surely I have forgotten about some, and haven't discovered others. These are not in any particular order 1) When in neutral, you can not rev the car past 2K RPM 2) Traction control can not be turned off 3) Mileage gauge is electronic (though this one is fairly standard these days) 4) The door locks are not physical locks, they are controlled from the center of the dash. Due to this, if the doors are "half-locked" (say I'm in the car, my wife is in the passenger side and she gets out unlocking her door but wants to get in the locked trunk), I have to press the lock button once to lock the doors, then a second time to unlock them. 5) Many times when doing the mist function of the windshield wipers, the back wiper goes as well. 6) You can not pair a bluetooth device while in motion. Other observations: 7) You can't run a vehicle health report with the emergency break engaged or it will say there is a problem with your breaks 8) sync services is a subscription service you have to pay for after 3 years 9) updating sync with a usb stick is a retardedly difficult thing to do. 10) Back seats do not lay flat when folded down 11) Too small to comfortably seat 4 full sized adults... they missed the mark by literally just a few inches Some of these things listed may sound like me being picky, or you may not understand why it bothers me so I will be going over each one and why it's an issue in my eyes. 1: If this fails to properly detect neutral, you wont be going anywhere fast, not to mention the feature serves no real benefit other than saving idiots from themselves. 2: If your traction control system malfunctions, you have no choice but to repair it. The traction control is nice, but not a necessity. If it ever caused me any issues, I would feel like a complete tool having to lay down likely over $500 for a dealship only repair to get a feature working that I didn't particularly need in the first place. 3: If gauge cluster goes out, it may cause issues with reselling the car, but I don't see this as a major issue. 4: This is easily one of the most annoying "quirks" of the fiesta and I will specifically check for this annoying "feature" in any future purchase. It may have a big impact on my purchase decision as locking doors is something I do commonly. Also, most older vehicles have issues with locks after so many years. Instead of being able to just use the physical switch, I would be forced to fix it and I hate that idea. 5: Huge issue for me. I have never had a vehicle with a rear windshield wiper that didn't screw up at some point or another. If this happens while the back wiper blade isn't working and may even be removed, there's a good chance you might get an unsightly gash across your back window. If I want my back windshield wiper to go, it should be at my command. 6: Ever heard of a passenger? Not to mention if I pair a phone while I'm driving or not isn't any of the cars business. Next thing you know, cars will refuse to start when they detect a cell phone in them at all. I don't need a car running my life, I do a decent job at it myself. 7: Since you have to do it while in idle without touching anything, I could see this as a major issue with manual transmission cars. Mine is an automatic, but I always use my parking break when I park (that's another story for another day). Most irritatingly, it shows as a failure of the break system and shows up on your history report of your car, so any future owner may think you're being shady if you say "oh that was just my emergency break". 8: Sync services is terrible anyway. You can only pair it with a single inbound phone number. It also has gotten me lost on a few occasions when I tried using it because it had old outdated maps. I get that you can't keep every back road updated, but when it comes to interchanges in some of America's largest cities like Atlanta (where I got lost) you would think they would have an interest in keeping those updated. I'm sure they didn't build the roads overnight. What are they wanting to charge for, anyway? Also, the GPS in the car is not usable for any other purpose than sync services which is a subscription service. What a waste of an otherwise good GPS. Note about sync in general: Sync isn't a great system. It was designed as a "pet project" by Microsoft, and it shows. It's not complete, and it really should only be used as a proof of concept. It has weird bugs that should never exist, like how you have to change your audio input (only possible via voice commands) to bluetooth audio even though you're already on bluetooth audio each time you turn the car off then back on. Also, beware that your phone may not support very much of sync's features. For example, reading text messages via sync isn't supported for android phones (or almost every phone for that matter). Hello? Android is only the MOST POPULAR phone operating system in existence (I believe this also applies to iphones, but motorola razr's work with every feature even though they are no longer being distributed). I get that not every phone is going to do everything, but focus your efforts first on the most popular things. 9: I'm a PC technician by profession, and I wasn't so sure about doing this myself. It's extremely unintuitive, requires you to completely wipe your USB drive, and does weird things like the directions literally say to not unplug it when it tells you to. There is also no "over the air" update option. 10: Pretty straight forward, a lot of things you think will fit in your trunk will not. 11: Maybe 6 more inches to the total length of the car would have solved this. It's so irritating when they miss the mark by such a small margin. Overall, this will surely sound like a rant from a disgruntled owner. It most certainly is not. I love my car, and am satisfied with my purchase. I do want everyone to know the issues though, as I wish someone would have pointed those things out to me prior to purchase. If I had to do it over again, I would still get a fiesta. I would have ordered it customized though, and gotten leather like I wanted in the first place. I also would have gotten a standard transmission and likely would not have gotten sync, unless I was required to. Having said that I haven't tried a car without sync in it, it may end up being worse so of course I would pick the lesser of the two evils if that was the case. I do like having the ability to talk hands free while driving, and some of the voice queue's are useful. I will say it can understand what I'm trying to say quite well."