2014 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $13,947 - $14,248.

10/7.2

7.8

Based on 168 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

A pretty decent car

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "Looks good, great on gas, handles well"

Cons: "Almost undrivable in heavy snow"

"I bought this car about 1.5 years ago because I needed a reliable and fuel efficient car. I decided on this Fiesta hatchback. (black/black, sport appearance package, 5spd). I like how this car looks and handles. It is great on gas. My HUGE complaint is with the traction control system. It is absolutely horrible in deep snow. Being in northeast Ohio snow is a regular thing and this car is a sitting duck in inclement weather. I realize having traction control is a "safety" feature, but if the car literally can't move that's not very safe either. This is especially annoying having a 5spd because usually one can obtain traction in snow very easily, yet this TC system completely cuts all wheel power. Furthermore, the fact you can't turn it off if you need to is totally inconvenient/ inexcusable. I realize this is an entry level car but similar models have options to turn it off. Plus if it was an issue of driving "reckless" with the traction control off, how come high performance cars have the option of disabling it? I literally bought a Jeep for the past winter because of this cars winter performance... Not something I was planning on having to do considering I bought a brand new car. Overall this is a great commuter car but if you deal with a lot of snow I would recommend something else."

Great car, great value

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "exterior/interior design, mpg"

Cons: "engine low on power, a bit of rattle at low rpm"

"The 2011 Ford Fiesta is a great car for someone looking to step into an economy car market, or looking to buy a new car in the segment. It's exceptionally styled, and actually does better than the average average EPA mpg. It's economical in the city as well as the highway. However, the economy is largely due to its small engine that produces around 130 horsepower. So, if you load the car up for a trip and take another person with you, you'll struggle to go uphill. Also, the sound-proofing isn't as good as I've seen some other cars, so expect to hear a bit of a rattle at low RPM's. The interior quality is good as well. The dashboard doesn't feel like it cost a dollar to make, and the use of aluminum is nice. Interior space is good for the driver and passenger, but if you want to sit in the back, it'll be a bit of a squeeze. As for the exterior styling, I absolutely love it. It's fluid and modern. With car design shifting to smooth and fluid instead of edgy and boxy, this car is up with the times. It's forward looking, so I'm sure that five or ten years from now I won't look at it and say that it's ancient. This car will look and be modern even then."

Great quality for a small car

By on Monday, February 13, 2012

Pros: "Fun to Drive and great mileage"

Cons: "Hard to climb into and out of when older"

"This little car has great quality and is fun to drive for a small car. My SES has all the bells and whistles so it is very convenient as a driver."

Great vehicle for the value!!

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "38 mpg, good in snow, ample leg room"

Cons: "no cargo space"

"I love driving my Fiesta. It was a very economical buy and has surpassed my expectations. It is on the smaller side of compact, so road tripping with a family of 4 has been a little bit tight and almost unbearable. I bought it for my long commute to work though, and for that, it has done it's job well. I am very happy with my car. Wouldn't trade it for anything."

Appears to be a Great Value

By on Saturday, February 04, 2012

Pros: "Great Price, Great Gas Mileage, Looks Sharp"

Cons: "No rear speakers, headrests, Driver's leg room"

"I think the car looks sharp. It looks like it cost more than it did. I'll point out the items that I've noticed since purchase that I would've thought a little more about, not saying would've changed my mind. - Can not unlock the trunk by it's self, must use key to unlock driver's door, turn twice and unlocks all doors, all or nothing when it comes to the trunk. - The headrests, both front and rear tilt in too far, forcing some to crane their neck forward. Must have something to do with safety I'm thinking. - The legroom for driver is laid out a bit odd. I'm 5.5 and I end up leaning my right leg against the console, not terribly comfortable. - There are no door locks at each door, just a central button, very annoying as it is all or nothing. My initial thought is, I don't like the central locking routine. - Would be nice if sync was available in all trim levels. - Very little finish in base model, much exposed metal in door trim and the like. But then it is the base. My very first MPG measure, very first, brand new motor, brand new tranny, etc. 37 MPG!! I'm gonna like the MPG a bunch. The 40 MPG numbers seem totally reasonable if I did this on my first 181 miles of driving. The rear defogger goes on automatically when below 40 F or so, that turns out to be very handy, as by the time you think to turn it on, the window is clear. Lacking the rear speakers in the base model is very annoying when there are 4 in the car. I'm thinking this is something I'll need to sort out one day. Although this is my car to commute into work and rarely will I have the family in it. I really like having 15 inch wheels, the larger the wheels the better the ride, the car does ride well and feels a bit bigger when under way than it is. I think the aerodynamics help with this also, she tracks straight and true. This car, based on airbags, ABS, traction control, and vehicle stability assist is a very safe car on paper. That was one of my major reasons for purchasing. I want to be a dad for as long as possible. I had a 2002 ford ranger and traded in with 183000 miles when I purchased the Fiesta. The longevity of that Ford had direct impact on me buying this ford. Finally, I hesitated buying a car with timing belt, however, the belt in the fiesta is rated at 150000 miles. I can live with that. Would still rather a chain though. Good luck with your decision and vehicle."