2014 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $14,441 - $14,756.

10/7.2

7.8

Based on 169 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Horrible, clanky transmission

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Nice to look at"

Cons: "Horrible transmission"

"The transmission in our Ford Fiesta has had multiple issues and still makes lots of noise and is jerky. Ford tells us that this transmission comes with some noise but the noises get worse as does the responses of shifting and accelerating. The latest issue is with the AUX button on the sound system which doesn't work anymore, and a scraping.noise when turning the wheel. We are scheduled yet again to have these things fixed but can't get in to the dealer service department until Aug. 11th......today is July 11th.....as they are completely booked due to other Ford recalls. We feel frustrated and stuck with this very poorly made vehicle because we would never in good conscience sell it to anyone and are pretty sure no one who drove it and heard it would want it. We will NEVER give Ford our business again. Beware of the Ford Fiesta......we are not the only ones having these issues."

Love this car!

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "Great price, realiable, great of gas"

Cons: "Leg room for passengers in backseat"

"This car has treated me very well! Im averaging 41 MPG! Its cute, reliable, Ive had no issues! The only compliant I have is the back seat. Its not roomy for passengers! But other then that great car, great value!"

Great first car

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

"I bought this car in January of 2011 and have just needed my first true repairs this year (September 2014). After getting new brakes and tires it is running like new! It is very low maintenance, dependable, stylish and the Bluetooth SYNC makes it tech savvy! I love my little car and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a good value."

Worst car ever!!!

By on Sunday, July 01, 2012

Pros: "Price"

Cons: "Everything!!"

"Please think twice before buying this car! By far the worst car I have ever own. I currently only have 4500 miles on this car and I have already brought it in for warranty repairs 5 times!!! Here is a list of everything that has gone wrong with the car in 4500 miles... (This is a automatic transmission model) 1) Transmission would not go into the right gear making it lose power in traffic. (So bad I got pulled over by the police because they thought I had a manual and that I didn't know how to drive a stick) 2) Transmission would not go into reverse, I had to turn the car on and off 4 times in order to make it work. 3) Transmission is LOUD in slow traffic, almost acting like it does not know what gear to go in. 4) Drivers side speakers went out. 5) All the outside modeling around the windows started peeling and bubbling. 6) Gas milage is all over the place, but never the advertise 40MPG. 7) Alaram system does not always unlock the car via remote. Its hit or miss. These are just some of the problem I have had with this car. I have spoke to Ford corporate, and the dealership about the transmission and they always state, "Its working the way it was designed", or " That a feature of this vehicle" and " Let the car break in more" They are no help what so ever in trying to resolve any of the issue they are having with the transmission. If I wanted my car to act like a manual transmission, I would have purchased a car with a manual transmission! I will NEVER buy a Ford again. NEVER!!!"

Has major shudder problems

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "Steers well"

Cons: "Shudder problem, hard to navigate dash"

"My Fiesta has 26,000 miles and there was a shudder problem from the get go. When going from stop to start the car shudders like slamming on the ABS brakes. Took in three times and did what Ford corporate told the mechanics to do: recalibrate, then check bolt, then look for grounding problem. Nothing worked. Why? Ford will only reimburse a dealer for clutch/transmission problems if they reach "critical" levels. They refuse to do a recall b/c that would cost them millions. They have customers come in multiple times by extending the drive train to 60,000 miles. That shuts up consumers until they are forced to dump their lemons."