2014 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $14,496 - $14,807.

10/7.2

7.8

Based on 158 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Worst car ever!!!

By on Sunday, July 01, 2012

Pros: "Price"

Cons: "Everything!!"

"Please think twice before buying this car! By far the worst car I have ever own. I currently only have 4500 miles on this car and I have already brought it in for warranty repairs 5 times!!! Here is a list of everything that has gone wrong with the car in 4500 miles... (This is a automatic transmission model) 1) Transmission would not go into the right gear making it lose power in traffic. (So bad I got pulled over by the police because they thought I had a manual and that I didn't know how to drive a stick) 2) Transmission would not go into reverse, I had to turn the car on and off 4 times in order to make it work. 3) Transmission is LOUD in slow traffic, almost acting like it does not know what gear to go in. 4) Drivers side speakers went out. 5) All the outside modeling around the windows started peeling and bubbling. 6) Gas milage is all over the place, but never the advertise 40MPG. 7) Alaram system does not always unlock the car via remote. Its hit or miss. These are just some of the problem I have had with this car. I have spoke to Ford corporate, and the dealership about the transmission and they always state, "Its working the way it was designed", or " That a feature of this vehicle" and " Let the car break in more" They are no help what so ever in trying to resolve any of the issue they are having with the transmission. If I wanted my car to act like a manual transmission, I would have purchased a car with a manual transmission! I will NEVER buy a Ford again. NEVER!!!"

Horrible, clanky transmission

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Nice to look at"

Cons: "Horrible transmission"

"The transmission in our Ford Fiesta has had multiple issues and still makes lots of noise and is jerky. Ford tells us that this transmission comes with some noise but the noises get worse as does the responses of shifting and accelerating. The latest issue is with the AUX button on the sound system which doesn't work anymore, and a scraping.noise when turning the wheel. We are scheduled yet again to have these things fixed but can't get in to the dealer service department until Aug. 11th......today is July 11th.....as they are completely booked due to other Ford recalls. We feel frustrated and stuck with this very poorly made vehicle because we would never in good conscience sell it to anyone and are pretty sure no one who drove it and heard it would want it. We will NEVER give Ford our business again. Beware of the Ford Fiesta......we are not the only ones having these issues."

2014 Ford Fiesta Titanium

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pros: "Fuel economy, powerful A/C, nice touch screen"

Cons: "Lack of leg room in back seat"

"After 25 years of being a loyal Chevrolet truck owner, I realized that driving 160 miles per day wasn't gonna cut it with a gas guzzling truck. I test drove a couple compact Chevy cars and was not happy at all. I stopped by a local Ford dealer and test drove the Fiesta. A couple things I was looking for: fuel economy and head room- I'm 6'3". Both items were accommodating. I like the interior design, front seat head and leg room and with a hatch back, the space in the back. Jury is still out on how well it will perform but the first 100 miles has been a joy."

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR

By on Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Reason: Transmission Problems

Pros: "Gas mileage was great before transmission repair"

Cons: "Everything else"

"Bought this car brand new. At a little under 3,000 miles, the transmission started slipping. The dealership kept it three weeks and finally replaced the clutch assembly and reprogrammed the TCM & PCM. Transmission still slipped in 1st & 3rd gears, and mpg was down approx. 5mpg. Back to the dealership. Kept it another three weeks, and said they could not duplicate the problem. Really? I do not think they even drove the car, and either didn't know what to do, or didn't care. Glad it is gone!"

Milage is fantastic

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Pros: "MPG, fun, perfect color, no machanical problems"

Cons: "have not found any "cons""

"I love this car and want to trade in for the exact car in the new year! It gets the best MPG for any non-hybrid I know of. 40-45 on the road and 38-40 around town! Great little car!"