2014 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $14,496 - $14,807.

10/7.2

7.8

Based on 158 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

2013 Ford Fiesta S, good car

By on Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pros: "Good MPG, fun to drive, large trunk"

Cons: "wish this car had a taller top gear"

"I bought this car in February of 2013, I needed a reliable car for a 50 mile a day commute. I bought the cheapest stripped down model with a 5 speed and no key-less entry or power windows. the no key-less entry is a pain because of having to use a key to unlock the door then press the button on the dash twice to unlock the rest of the doors, this is a problem for me because i have a year and a half old daughter that tries to run off when i unlock the door. the biggest problem is when on the highway when i am in 5 th gear, 65 mph i am reving at 2900 rpm and if i go around 75 mph then i am reving at 3400 rpm. the only time i get good gas millage around 40 mpg is to stay at 60 - 65 mph any faster and your gas millage drops to around 35 mpg. if 5th gear was taller or if this car had a 6th gear then it would get ultimate gas millage"

I love this car more and more

By on Monday, August 13, 2012

Pros: "Handling, solid body feel and body style."

Cons: "Some cheap interior parts and more horse power."

"The best quality of this car is the handling and the solid body feel. I love the 5 speed manual and I would probably not like this car if it were an automatic. With the manual the car moves and again it corners on a dime. The car itself has been bullet proof reliability. I also love the comfort of the front seats and it highway manners. My only wish to make this car perfect would be to add 15 more horses to the engine, possibly a turbo and some interior pieces are of cheap plastic. I would even be happy with a retro kit to upgrade the interior and I would love to add a turbo without invalidating the warranty."

Great car, great value

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "exterior/interior design, mpg"

Cons: "engine low on power, a bit of rattle at low rpm"

"The 2011 Ford Fiesta is a great car for someone looking to step into an economy car market, or looking to buy a new car in the segment. It's exceptionally styled, and actually does better than the average average EPA mpg. It's economical in the city as well as the highway. However, the economy is largely due to its small engine that produces around 130 horsepower. So, if you load the car up for a trip and take another person with you, you'll struggle to go uphill. Also, the sound-proofing isn't as good as I've seen some other cars, so expect to hear a bit of a rattle at low RPM's. The interior quality is good as well. The dashboard doesn't feel like it cost a dollar to make, and the use of aluminum is nice. Interior space is good for the driver and passenger, but if you want to sit in the back, it'll be a bit of a squeeze. As for the exterior styling, I absolutely love it. It's fluid and modern. With car design shifting to smooth and fluid instead of edgy and boxy, this car is up with the times. It's forward looking, so I'm sure that five or ten years from now I won't look at it and say that it's ancient. This car will look and be modern even then."

I love my car!

By on Sunday, December 11, 2011

"My husband bought this car for me for my birthday, the inside lights change color which is amazing. It has a lot more features then I would of guessed SYNC to my iPhone/iPod or regular phone already had a built in iphone charger/port it has a hands free use of your cell phone with a speaker and mic right above the drivers seat XM sirus radio plus a GREAT sound system. Can't forget amazing MPG drove from Fort hood TX to Reno nv on 125$ total. Great handling very well made, priced around 16,500-19,500 mine (16,000)this car will last me a long time and it may look small but the inside and trunk were actually big. Would buy again."

best compact car value out there!

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "40 mpg"

Cons: "simple"

"Everyone loves this car. I'm o.k. with it but am use to hotrods. It's a great little car for those wanting 40 mpg. No one guesses it's a Ford. It looks like a Corolla or a Prius. The sedan has a huge trunk and is cheaper than a hatchback. Go for it!"

Great driving small car...but

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Just a great compact car"

Cons: "It does hesitate, after stopping for light/sign"

"I purchased the Fiesta in November, 2012, trading in a Focus. The mileage is fantastic, nothing less than 33mpg, mostly 37+. I had the dealer install a Sirius receiver, which is the pits; make sure Sirius is standard, if you buy one. Value is exceptional. My grandson wants this one, when I get my next vehicle."

Excellent car for the price

By on Saturday, January 28, 2012

"Gas mileage is around 39-44 mpg on the highway. Sync is a must for mobile phone users."

Love this car

By on Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pros: "Good price."

"Drives great for a small car and great fuel economy"

great car for the money.

By on Sunday, January 01, 2012

"I really hate the door lock in the center console"

Gas sipping super commuter!

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

"I have been so happy with this car. It gets WAY over it's rated fuel economy of 28/38. I typically see about 33/44-47. It drives very smooth for a small car and the ride is comfortable even for my mom's older bones. The only weird thing is that the keyless entry button on the door will not unlock all four doors. You have to fish out the keyfob or open the car and hit a button on the dash to do that. Very minor annoyance for an otherwise great car. It is small and can feel a wee bit cramped if you do have 4 adults in the car. If you buy this one, do be aware that you will get stopped a lot by strangers in parking lots who want to what kind of car it is. It's a head turner.. especially in bright green."

Also first brand new car!

By on Thursday, December 08, 2011

Pros: "nice handling, great mpg, safe"

Cons: "lacks power"

"No problems at all! It's small but if you're skinny then you should have no problem with it. The dashboard reads 38.5mpg but I am getting 40.2mpg self calculated! The car handles well and is pretty good in snow. I have owned it about a year so far with no problems at all. I do understand that some individuals have issues with the auto transmission. Must have been a bad batch or something but I got lucky. I got the lime green hatchback."

Fantastic small car.

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pros: "Drives like a sports car. Great Mileage."

Cons: "Don't have any."

"Drives like a sports car. Have logged mileage up to 48MPG Hwy. Usually around 36 around town. hybrid mileage without the complication. The leather front seats are more comfortable than most luxury cars I've owned or rented. Back seat is small (as expected in a sporty sub-compact)."

Better then you might think.

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

"Only two things I don't like on this car. 1. Gas peddle to close to brake peddle. 2. Back wiper comes on (when wipers are on) when you put the car in reverise. Better gas milage then sticker states. Very good in responce like a sports car."

Awesome!!!!

By on Friday, October 14, 2011

Pros: "Great value for money, Super Mileage, Stylish"

"1) Excellent handling 2) Superb Interiors (especially ambient lighting) 3) Cool features for a small car(Button start, heated seats, side mirror defrost, Microsoft SYNC, Bluetooth Multimedia) 4) Stylish - Black Leather seats with white lining 5) 36 Highway mileage/32 City Mileage"

An accurate, informative review.

By on Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pros: "great price, gas mileage, appearance"

Cons: "awkward automatic transmission at low speeds, no armrest, weak storage"

"I just bought a 2011 Fiesta SE hatchback with the Power Shift 6 Speed Automatic Transmission. I've had it for a little over a week. Mine has the Sync and Sport Appearance Packages, and I got it for around 18,300. First, the POSITIVE: I don't need to tell anyone how great the car looks. Probably the best-looking of all cars in its class. Gas mileage has been very good, though not as high as the 29/38 posted on the sticker. I've been averaging around 26 mpg, but I have been doing mostly stop-and-go driving. Haven't been on the highway at all. Still, great gas mileage, no complaints. Also, interior space for FRONT OCCUPANTS is very generous, very comfortable for most people. The seats are a noteworthy perk. Everyone who gets in my car comments on how the front seats just hug you and hold you in place. The Sync package is wonderful, as I am able to play music from my iphone over Bluetooth without plugging anything in, although I do also have the input jack and usb connector ports if I ever need them. Also, I can make calls and answer calls without taking my hands off the steering wheel. It's a luxury you don't think you'll ever need until you have it. The premium 80 watt 6-speaker sound system sounds great. I can't speak for those who only have 4 speakers. As for the "spotter" or "blind-spot" mirrors, I personally love these. There have been numerous times where I am prepared to change lanes, I look in the regular sideview mirror and see nothing, but I then glance in the spotter mirror and see an entire car hiding in my blind spot. I view that as a good thing. Every car has blind spots, and the blind spots in the Fiesta are bigger than those of some other cars, but once you learn how to use the spotter mirrors correctly, blind spots pose much less of a threat. I do agree with others that at night, the spotter mirrors are tricky to use. I'll admit, I don't use them at night because it's too difficult to differentiate between sets of headlights in your mirrors. In these conditions, I use the centered interior rearview mirror as well as glances over my shoulder if necessary. Gas mileage: I personally can drive this thing for a week or more on one tank of gas, and filling it recently (September, 2011) cost me $36 with gas priced at $3.37/gallon. First time I've smiled while handing a gas station attendant my hard-earned money, ever. Anyway, the NEGATIVE: The 6-speed Power Shift "Dual Clutch" automatic transmission is designed to work as two separate manual transmissions. This is supposed to make the ride smoother as your car shifts gears. My BIGGEST CRITICISM of this car is that it drives very awkwardly when you first begin to drive....like when a light turns green or you are about to drive out of a parking space. The best way I can describe it is to say that this car DOES NOT want you to ever "floor it" off the line. It forces you to get a slower, more gradual start then you may be accustomed to. You'll feel the car "hiccup," (like a manual transmission does between shifting gears) if you try to increase your speed too quickly coming out of park or idling. The car does, however, perform much better at higher speeds, and I'm getting used to the low speed issues, adjusting my driving accordingly, and finding it more bearable, however I really wish it wasn't a concern at all. I came to kbb.com to read customer's reviews just to make sure I wasn't the only person experiencing this kind of problem. I did see that one person said the car was "fun" or "speedy" off the line or something like that, and I have no idea what that person is talking about. Also, I don't mind the very cramped back seat room, I just wish the hatch itself was roomier. I wish the rear seats folded completely flat for storage, but they don't. I wish the process of folding them flat was quicker, but you have to fold them half way, remove the headrests, and then fold the seats as far down as they'll go. Just a minor annoyance. The armrest is obviously an issue. It's a necessity, and I'll be ordering the Boomerang one immediately. Also, the car is surprisingly low on storage compartments. You'll find yourself looking around for where you want to keep things, and you'll most likely buy some sort of aftermarket product to help with this (like an armrest). SO IN SUMMARY: This car, for me, was still the best decision, because financial concerns played a huge part in my choice of a car. The gas mileage is great, projected resale value is pretty good, and you won't be able to find a car this affordable that looks this good and offers this many great features. It is NOT a car for people who drive more than one other person around regularly, but for someone who doesn't have to consider the comfort of others, you're all good. For those looking to buy an automatic, I would suggest test driving this car multiple times to see how you feel about the transmission.....this is something I really wish I did. But considering the fact that this car was a very smart financial decision that doesn't look like I only purchased it to be "smart" and "environmentally friendly," I'm still happy I made the purchase."

My 1 year 25,000 mile review

By on Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Pros: "Great value and comfort for this class"

Cons: "Seats are difficult to maintain"

"I bought my 2011 Fiesta S sedan one year ago today. The S is the most basic model and, with the Manual Transmission, I bought the most basic S model. I paid $13,600 new. I bought it as a commuter car to replace my aging Camry. I drive 110 round trip (mostly highway) on working days and about 50 in and around town on the weekends. In the first year I put 23,900 on it and got almost exactly 36 MPG (I am a geek and have kept a gas log for the whole year). My best tank was 42MPG. Except for discolored front seats the car looks like it did new. First impressions: I was shocked at how many airbags and the safety rating of this car. It handles better than expected and is more fun than I thought. The basic sound system is more than adequate, but see problems below. The price was significantly less than Toyota and Honda. I truly enjoy driving this car. I like the way it looks and feels. It is more quiet than I expected from this class of car. At first I had trouble accelerating to merge into 70MPH traffic. Once I got used to the engine and planned for it, it was no longer an issue. While not quite ready for a long weekend trip, the seats are more comfortable than I expected and not an issue for my commute. The back seats were not made for people of any size. Don’t plan on using the back seats for people other than the occasional 5-minute take the neighbor kids home from soccer practice. I love the spotter mirrors. Just a few MINOR problems that were eagerly remedied by Ford: While I didn’t expect a great sound system, the radio reception was poor and crackled. Strangely, brake pedal depression often dramatically increased reception quality, even when not moving. The dealership investigated and replaced the antenna without question. Reception is perfect now. I have manual windows. About once a month the rear windows would have slid down enough to make wind noise. I would simply have to climb back and roll them back up. This was a bit annoying. The dealership investigated and replaced a portion of the mechanism and successfully corrected the problem. I don’t eat in the car and I sit on towels when I think I might be sweaty or dirty. Somehow the seats have become discolored. I simply can’t imagine how this happened. I drive it to work and back home. I wear a suit to work. I carry groceries in plastic bags. I get the car professionally cleaned with every oil change. I simply can’t understand the discoloration. SO IN SUMMARY: I highly recommend this car vs. other cars in this class. This car, for me, was still the best decision and generally a pleasant surprise. It is an extremely safe, comfortable commuter car that gets amazing gas mileage. According to KBB it has only dropped $1,700 in value over the first year. It is NOT a car for people who drive more than one other person around regularly. I strongly recommend you give this car a thorough test drive on the city and 70MPH highways before you drive."

Well designed, efficient and practical

By on Sunday, May 05, 2013

Pros: "Handles well, fuel efficient, stylish, good value"

Cons: "Can't handle aggressive acceleration"

"If you're in the market for a small car that's a great value, I recommend the Fiesta. I drive a lot of highway and small town miles, and I'm averaging about 38 mpg... 40+ on the highway. The dash is well designed, car handles well on the road, fit and finish very good, especially for an inexpensive compact. One caution: it's a bit underpowered on acceleration; slow and steady pressure on the pedal gets you up to speed at a reasonable pace from the on-ramp, but if you do a lot of aggressive daily urban driving, you might think twice before buying the Fiesta. Still, all in all, a great vehicle for the average driver."

Too much hand-holding

By on Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pros: "Price, mileage, style, comfort, fun"

Cons: "Reliance on electronics that may fail"

"This vehicle is a well thought out design in many aspects. When it comes to my cars though, I have high expectations -- many which may be different from the "mainstream" ideas. First, the positive things about the car. It's very fun to drive, obviously it has great gas mileage (if you drive it right), and it starts out at a very reasonable price (BTW if you have this car, those that know about it will only be interested in the gas mileage, as if that's the only benefit of the car). The color choices are great, and it has a well thought out interior to maximize room considering the overall size of the vehicle. Also, the gadgets and gizmos in the car are really neat but I prefer not rely upon them. Since you can find all of these things out on any fiesta review out there though, I will be focusing on what you wont find in other reviews out there. The first and foremost issue I have with the car is longevity. It has some serious technical handholding going on, which inevitably cause the car to be reliant on complicated electronics. When I'm looking at a car to get, I fear complicated electronics. They cause cars to die very early ages, and for dumb reasons. I'll give you some examples, but surely I have forgotten about some, and haven't discovered others. These are not in any particular order 1) When in neutral, you can not rev the car past 2K RPM 2) Traction control can not be turned off 3) Mileage gauge is electronic (though this one is fairly standard these days) 4) The door locks are not physical locks, they are controlled from the center of the dash. Due to this, if the doors are "half-locked" (say I'm in the car, my wife is in the passenger side and she gets out unlocking her door but wants to get in the locked trunk), I have to press the lock button once to lock the doors, then a second time to unlock them. 5) Many times when doing the mist function of the windshield wipers, the back wiper goes as well. 6) You can not pair a bluetooth device while in motion. Other observations: 7) You can't run a vehicle health report with the emergency break engaged or it will say there is a problem with your breaks 8) sync services is a subscription service you have to pay for after 3 years 9) updating sync with a usb stick is a retardedly difficult thing to do. 10) Back seats do not lay flat when folded down 11) Too small to comfortably seat 4 full sized adults... they missed the mark by literally just a few inches Some of these things listed may sound like me being picky, or you may not understand why it bothers me so I will be going over each one and why it's an issue in my eyes. 1: If this fails to properly detect neutral, you wont be going anywhere fast, not to mention the feature serves no real benefit other than saving idiots from themselves. 2: If your traction control system malfunctions, you have no choice but to repair it. The traction control is nice, but not a necessity. If it ever caused me any issues, I would feel like a complete tool having to lay down likely over $500 for a dealship only repair to get a feature working that I didn't particularly need in the first place. 3: If gauge cluster goes out, it may cause issues with reselling the car, but I don't see this as a major issue. 4: This is easily one of the most annoying "quirks" of the fiesta and I will specifically check for this annoying "feature" in any future purchase. It may have a big impact on my purchase decision as locking doors is something I do commonly. Also, most older vehicles have issues with locks after so many years. Instead of being able to just use the physical switch, I would be forced to fix it and I hate that idea. 5: Huge issue for me. I have never had a vehicle with a rear windshield wiper that didn't screw up at some point or another. If this happens while the back wiper blade isn't working and may even be removed, there's a good chance you might get an unsightly gash across your back window. If I want my back windshield wiper to go, it should be at my command. 6: Ever heard of a passenger? Not to mention if I pair a phone while I'm driving or not isn't any of the cars business. Next thing you know, cars will refuse to start when they detect a cell phone in them at all. I don't need a car running my life, I do a decent job at it myself. 7: Since you have to do it while in idle without touching anything, I could see this as a major issue with manual transmission cars. Mine is an automatic, but I always use my parking break when I park (that's another story for another day). Most irritatingly, it shows as a failure of the break system and shows up on your history report of your car, so any future owner may think you're being shady if you say "oh that was just my emergency break". 8: Sync services is terrible anyway. You can only pair it with a single inbound phone number. It also has gotten me lost on a few occasions when I tried using it because it had old outdated maps. I get that you can't keep every back road updated, but when it comes to interchanges in some of America's largest cities like Atlanta (where I got lost) you would think they would have an interest in keeping those updated. I'm sure they didn't build the roads overnight. What are they wanting to charge for, anyway? Also, the GPS in the car is not usable for any other purpose than sync services which is a subscription service. What a waste of an otherwise good GPS. Note about sync in general: Sync isn't a great system. It was designed as a "pet project" by Microsoft, and it shows. It's not complete, and it really should only be used as a proof of concept. It has weird bugs that should never exist, like how you have to change your audio input (only possible via voice commands) to bluetooth audio even though you're already on bluetooth audio each time you turn the car off then back on. Also, beware that your phone may not support very much of sync's features. For example, reading text messages via sync isn't supported for android phones (or almost every phone for that matter). Hello? Android is only the MOST POPULAR phone operating system in existence (I believe this also applies to iphones, but motorola razr's work with every feature even though they are no longer being distributed). I get that not every phone is going to do everything, but focus your efforts first on the most popular things. 9: I'm a PC technician by profession, and I wasn't so sure about doing this myself. It's extremely unintuitive, requires you to completely wipe your USB drive, and does weird things like the directions literally say to not unplug it when it tells you to. There is also no "over the air" update option. 10: Pretty straight forward, a lot of things you think will fit in your trunk will not. 11: Maybe 6 more inches to the total length of the car would have solved this. It's so irritating when they miss the mark by such a small margin. Overall, this will surely sound like a rant from a disgruntled owner. It most certainly is not. I love my car, and am satisfied with my purchase. I do want everyone to know the issues though, as I wish someone would have pointed those things out to me prior to purchase. If I had to do it over again, I would still get a fiesta. I would have ordered it customized though, and gotten leather like I wanted in the first place. I also would have gotten a standard transmission and likely would not have gotten sync, unless I was required to. Having said that I haven't tried a car without sync in it, it may end up being worse so of course I would pick the lesser of the two evils if that was the case. I do like having the ability to talk hands free while driving, and some of the voice queue's are useful. I will say it can understand what I'm trying to say quite well."

LOVE my first Ford!

By on Thursday, March 14, 2013

Pros: "Gas milage, price, ride, handling, quality"

Cons: "rear seat legroom/child seat use"

"This is my first Ford and my first brand-new car. I was looking at a used Focus but the dealer gave me a fantastic deal on a new 2012 base model and I couldn't pass it up! My car has zero options boxes checked but still comes with traction/stability control, air conditioning, and a quality stereo with an mp3 jack. Unlike others (and Consumer Reports), I think this car has more than adequate acceleration. It's no Mustang, but bolting out in small traffic gaps in the city is easily accomplished, and I have no trouble reaching 80mph by the end of even the shortest interstate on-ramps. I've had this car 363 days now and put 22k miles on it, with absolutely no issues. I've only done oil changes and put on a set of snow tires. Speaking of, this car handles GREAT in the snow as well as on dry pavement. It corners so flat you could terrify your mother (or in my case, my wife) with g-forces without even a peep from the tires. The trunk is HUGE for a subcompact. Fuel milage is great, I am no featherfoot but I've seen no worse than 33mpg, and that was in bad weather with the snow tires on. In good weather and summer tires, I went more than 2 months straight getting 40-43 mpg on every tank of gas... the car's only rated at 38 mpg highway! The car is VERY solid and quiet going down the road, and all the materials have a quality feel. "Quality king" Toyota seems to have slipped by comparison; my mother-in-law has a 2012 Corolla that cost 50% more and several components of that car feel chinsy to me compared to the Fiesta, especially the door handles and dash controls. The Corolla also isn't as quiet going down the road. The only downside to the Fiesta is that the backseat is rather cramped, to the point that putting a rear-facing child seat in the car requires me to have my face practically mashed into the steering wheel. Oh, and the LATCH anchors are also nearly impossible to reach since Ford stuffed them back into the seat cusions so far. Luckily this is my personal work commuter car 95% of the time and we generally use my wife's full-size car for toting the kids around. So, great all-around car, but not the best choice if you want to cart the family around."

The leader in its class!

By on Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"If you are looking for a compact car that gets good gas mileage then look no further! Before buying the Fiesta I checked out most of the competition in the sub-compact class and the Fiesta was the obvious choice. For as long as I can remember most compact/sub-compact cars offered in the US market have been awful to drive, cheaply built and have the performance and aesthetics of a dying camel but this stereotype is no more. The higher priced Honda Fit is the other standout in the class but the Fiesta delivers similar results for a better price. I would say that in the long run the Fit will probably be more reliable but if you don't intend on keeping the car forever, then I wouldn't allow that to concern you too much. I went with a SE hatchback with both the sport package and the sound and Sync package. These two packages cost only around $800 more than the base price hatchback and for that you get alloy wheels instead of steel wheels, cruise control, voice activated sync for music and blue-tooth capable phones and a few other small extras. Money well spent and it saves over a $1,000 compared to the SES model which is similarly equipped. The exterior styling of the car is excellent and the interior delivers a very quality feel. The control layout for the radio at first seems confusing but after getting used to it, it is very easy to operate. The climate control dials are very easy to use and nice and chunky so they can be easily adjusted in the winter while wearing gloves. IMPORTANT INFO REGARDING CENTER ARMREST: The car does not come with, nor can it be equipped from the dealer with a center armrest. HOWEVER, one can be purchased for the car as an aftermarket piece. Boomco offers their boomerang armrest for the fiesta which is easily mounted to the car in about twenty minutes. The armrest does not look aftermarket and you specify your seat fabric type when ordering so the armrest is sent with the matching fabric. Looks great, great quality and is well worth the $175 you can get it for on their site or on eBay. Although this is a small car, when sitting up front there is no lack of space and the car does not feel cramped at all. However, if you are going to be carrying adult passengers in the rear on a regular basis, I would recommend the larger 2012 Focus hatchback. Trunk space is adequate for most everyday loads and the seats can also be folded down (not completely flat, and you have to remove the headrests) for larger items. Performance is on-par for cars in its class, and I would recommend the 5 speed manual for those who can or are willing to learn to drive a stick. The manual makes driving the car most fun and small cars like this were designed to be driven with a stick. However the new dual clutch automatic is still a good alternative for those who don't want the manual. The 1.6 liter engine delivers plenty of punch for the driver who is regularly driving alone or with one passenger, but with a full tank of gas, a loaded trunk, and four passengers, performance definitely struggles. The advertised MPG rating is fairly accurate and on a long highway drive, most customers will find that the Fiesta gets somewhere in the region of 44-46 MPG. However, if you are like me here in PA, the constant elevation changes hurt overall MPG compared to drivers in flatter terrain. The car is surprisingly comfortable on a long drive and i had no problem driving it for 6-8 hours at a time. I would not hesitate to recommend this car to anyone but don't be caught up in the MPG rating as the sole reason for buying this car. Most complaints about the Fiesta are due to the lack of rear passenger space, etc. If you are going to be carrying rear passengers on a regular basis go for the new focus hatchback which is still offering great MPG but with a little more room. If you are looking for a small car and only need enough room for yourself and maybe one other person, then the Fiesta is the car for you! Suggested options: Sport and sound and sync packages on the SE, all weather floor mats and matching trunk space liner, BOOMERANG center armrest."

It didn't survive but I walked away

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Mileage ,safety"

Cons: "center button door lock the price for upgrades"

"Everybody talks about the mileage. Let me tell you about the safety factor! I owned my car for one week 300 miles and was enjoying it. well you don't want this to happen to you but it happened to me. I was driving about 35 miles an hour and a car turns left infront me there was probably 15 feet before impact the front crushed like an accordian the air bags went off by my knees and face. I did have a bruise on my wrist from the steering wheel cover slapping me but nothing else. I think it could have been a lot at the speed I was going. I hope nobody has to find out how safe their Fiesta is, but a least you know it is Please Don't try it with your Fiesta results may vary but in my opinion I don't think very much"

A Great Small Car

By on Thursday, February 10, 2011

"So far I have owned this car for around 6 months now, and I can truthfully say that I'm very happy with it. I got the 5-speed manual hatchback version and I have found it to be a very reliable, nice, fun to drive car. The gas mileage has been very good for me at around 32-34mpg combined, though it has dipped lower towards 30 since winter hit. The engine, while not super powerful, I find to be peppy and quick. The 5 speed gearbox shifts nicely, although the distance between gears is a little long for my tastes. The trunk space is excellent, and I have no problem fitting my groceries or whatever else in the back. I got the sync system, which although it has some quirks from time to time, still sounds great and is very helpful in keeping my hands on the wheel. The voice commands work well and the option of MP3 input is nice. I also go the heated mirrors and heats package which I would say is a must for anyone in a cold climate. The styling as well as the fit and finish on this car is excellent. I appreciate the soft touch plastics as well as some nice touches like padded arm door rests. There are a couple of issues however, the rear seat space is extremely small, there is no center armrest, the back seats don't fold flat and there is no cup holder in the back. Overall though you have to keep in mind that this is a COMPACT car, if you want more space, get a Focus. For those in the front however, the ride is top notch, space is good and you really do forget you're in a small car. The Fiesta offers a lot of features that aren't even available on other b-class cars, like heated seats, let alone for the price. For the price, I'm extremely satisfied with the quality and features of this car. I still can't believe it's a Ford."

Please go with something else

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "SYNC is cool"

Cons: "everything else is sub par for the price paid"

"To everyone considering a Ford Fiesta, I don’t rant, I don’t complain and I certainly wouldn’t put down comments like this in places like this if it weren’t an actual concern of mine. I want to help you make this important decision. Please skip to the last 2 paragraphs if you don’t want the whole story, I can be a bit of a story teller. I was a huge Ford follower. My two previous cars were ford (escape and explorer) and I’ve enjoyed their quality vehicles and reputation for years up until a few month after purchasing my Fiesta SE. I was looking to buy a new car because my escape had +180k miles on it and was looking to be up for a major repair soon. Being that I just moved and started a new job, a major repair was the last thing I needed, so I decided to go car shopping. After searching for a decent fuel efficient vehicle for a few weeks (compact was fine, I travel a lot), I settled on a Fiesta SE. The first few months were great, nothing out of the ordinary, I drove a lot so by month 6, I had 11,000 miles on it. About that time I had to make a business trip to Las Vegas. The drive up there was flawless, I enjoyed the USB voice activated music system (Sync) the entire way. The trip back is when my nightmare began. On a routine hill, something any car should be able to handle, the car suddenly lost power. It was as if it didn’t want to shift and simply couldn’t pull the car up the hill. With so many large big rigs flying by at 75 mph, my speed dropping from 75mph to 45 mph within seconds became incredibly dangerous, I ended up having to drive in the breakdown lane till I somehow managed to make it to the top of the hill. Although I was in the middle of nowhere, 45 min out from hoover dam and an hour to Kingman, I spotted a rundown gas station in the distance. I don’t know how, but I managed to coast/accelerate the car just enough to pull it in there and call the Ford emergency repair. They were amazing, polite and did what they could to help me, although it’s promised to get a tow truck to you within an hour, I waited almost 3 hours before the tow truck arrived, reluctantly paying $4 for a coke and $3 for a snickers to help pass the time by. The tow back and the experience at the dealership when I pulled my car in was fine, they did what they should, were courteous and offered to take me to a hotel while they figure out what’s going on, telling me to keep my receipt in the event Ford will reimburse me for hotel costs. The next day I was picked up and returned to the dealership, where I was told the timing belt had snapped, wrapped around the cam shaft and pulled it out enough to where they will need to both replace the camshaft, but also re-time the engine. Estimated duration: 1 week. They put me in a rental car and sent me on my merry way. One week later, while dealing with a regional manager, I was finally contacted and told they found additional problems and will need another week to fix it. My car had 11,454 miles on it, I had just had a “The Works” package done on it two weeks prior to this, I had to pay $55 for the rental car tax, never was offered reimbursement for the hotel, told I wouldn’t get it and paid $40 for the gas of having to drive 4.5 hour back to the dealership to pick up my car. Although Ford honored their contractual obligation to fix the problem, I now drive a car that has less than 13k miles on it and has had major repairs done to the engine. Maybe it was fluke, maybe it was bad luck but the car runs worse than before. You know that moment when you’re making a left and you time it just right to make the turn, hit the gas and, nothing for 3 seconds, it’s quite the experience. Literally watching the cars rapidly approaching while my car decides to accelerate. If it could happen to me, it could happen to anyone. DON’T BUY THIS CAR. There are better options out there. I received a courtesy call to be sure the car was still running, but all communication with the manager, my local dealership and everyone else involved ceased immediately. For those interested, Arizona Lemon states that a car has to be out of commission for 30 days or 4 attempts have to be made to fix the same problem. Any mechanic can make a car work in that time frame, so the law is utter non sense."

love the car

By on Friday, January 28, 2011

"Okay sometimes the pickup is a bit slow, I admit, but I think the steering is excellent. One person told me that I should turn the overdrive off if I want to accelerate on the highway, but I am not a weaver inner outer trying to pointlessly test fate. The esc is exceptional (try driving a kia, if you don't think there are differences in ESC systems), I am really comfortable in the car. Granted leg room in back is slim, so if you are doing a lot of driving with four or five, maybe, it is not the car for you, but if most of the time it is just you and another and the shopping great car. I love driving it. Get the sedan, if you need a little more leg room or storage. The mileage is just too sweet. I can't believe that I am getting 32 miles to a gallon driving mostly city streets. I made a bad choice getting a kia, after having an old Infiniti G20 that was giving up the ghost (95'). I was so lucky to find a used fiesta with only 5k on it. I am not small, though not tall, and I find that the seats are real comfortable. The only thing that bothers me is the water bottle holder in the door driver's side. I keep kicking it when I get out. I supposed that if you had a group of 5'9" males in the car it would be problematic. You have to know what works for you. For me, this car works great."

Fiesta Fiesta

By on Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"this fiesta is the greatest thing that has happened to pavement, I enjoy the powershift automatic six speed transmission and the accelaration is that of a sports car off the line which is very fun to launch off a stoplight in a 1.6 liter engine, The only flaw that i have is no armrest.. shoulder gets pretty tired on a 50 mile or more trip"