• 2014 Compact Car Buyer's Guide

2013 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,283 - $17,810.

10/7.3

7.8

Based on 152 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Horrible, clanky transmission

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Nice to look at"

Cons: "Horrible transmission"

"The transmission in our Ford Fiesta has had multiple issues and still makes lots of noise and is jerky. Ford tells us that this transmission comes with some noise but the noises get worse as does the responses of shifting and accelerating. The latest issue is with the AUX button on the sound system which doesn't work anymore, and a scraping.noise when turning the wheel. We are scheduled yet again to have these things fixed but can't get in to the dealer service department until Aug. 11th......today is July 11th.....as they are completely booked due to other Ford recalls. We feel frustrated and stuck with this very poorly made vehicle because we would never in good conscience sell it to anyone and are pretty sure no one who drove it and heard it would want it. We will NEVER give Ford our business again. Beware of the Ford Fiesta......we are not the only ones having these issues."

Fun to drive, nimble handling and 41 mpg!

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "Handling, gas mileage and manual transmission."

Cons: "None yet - ask me in another 5 years."

"After 40 years of practical car shopping, I bought this used 2011 Fiesta on a whim. It looked sharp in the showroom, had all the bells and whistles and, most important to me, a manual tranny. Two years and 30K miles later I'm still really happy with the car! If I can get 150K with no serious maintenance, I'll consider this one of my best cars ever. The clutch and tranny feel just right - not quite snick-snack shifting but darn close. First gear could be a little longer, but after a quick shift into second the revs match up well with my needs. Available torque is impressive for the 1.6L, and the set up is perfect at highway speeds - no need to plan ahead or downshift for passes and lane changes. Handling is a strong point; the best I've had by far after a long line of typical sedans. Quick, nimble and predictable. Wonderful in the snow and with plenty of ground clearance, great for New England ski trips regardless of the weather. Gas mileage is a solid 41 mpg over the full two years. About 50-50 highway-city with just myself in the car. I'm recommending this car to all who ask me and will likely buy another in the future."

So far I cannot complain- does everything needed.

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, SYNC funtion"

Cons: "The tranni ats weird for the first 5K miles until"

"I bought the 2014 model in Sept. '13 from Midway Ford. The interior is just as you would expect for any economy car so I cannot complain- you get what you pay for. However, I use the SYNC function all the time with my Kindle and the sound from the six speakers is terrific. The gas mileage is incredible: recently I drove 425 miles on one tank of gas (nearly all highway though) Its the perfect commuting car if you need a car to get to/from work and need something economical and that will get you from point A to B."

Great car to drive…until you try to stretch out.

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive and with a light touch, great milage"

Cons: "No room to spread out"

"I am very pleased over all with no problems and an average of 38mpg. For a car that was bought for its low price, I have been impressed with the quality of the build and the driving dynamics. The only issue I have is with the lack of stretch out room for your legs on long trips. It seems that Ford could have scooped out the console to give you room to spread out, but no, style won out over comfort. My 19yo would rather ride in the tight back seat than fight the console! Oh well, I feel that other than that it is a great car, in fact I am ready to trade it in on a 2015 with an Ecoboost engine, 1liter or 1.6. I can go for either great milage or great fun!"

love it first bran new car that ive owned

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, love sync"

"first bran new car ive owned but ive had just about everything from a coupe to a f150 this thing handles like a dream great mpg im getting about 30 mix but mostly highway driving"

See if you qualify for