• 2014 Compact Cars

2013 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,650 - $16,053.

10/7.3

7.8

Based on 138 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Please go with something else

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "SYNC is cool"

Cons: "everything else is sub par for the price paid"

"To everyone considering a Ford Fiesta, I don’t rant, I don’t complain and I certainly wouldn’t put down comments like this in places like this if it weren’t an actual concern of mine. I want to help you make this important decision. Please skip to the last 2 paragraphs if you don’t want the whole story, I can be a bit of a story teller. I was a huge Ford follower. My two previous cars were ford (escape and explorer) and I’ve enjoyed their quality vehicles and reputation for years up until a few month after purchasing my Fiesta SE. I was looking to buy a new car because my escape had +180k miles on it and was looking to be up for a major repair soon. Being that I just moved and started a new job, a major repair was the last thing I needed, so I decided to go car shopping. After searching for a decent fuel efficient vehicle for a few weeks (compact was fine, I travel a lot), I settled on a Fiesta SE. The first few months were great, nothing out of the ordinary, I drove a lot so by month 6, I had 11,000 miles on it. About that time I had to make a business trip to Las Vegas. The drive up there was flawless, I enjoyed the USB voice activated music system (Sync) the entire way. The trip back is when my nightmare began. On a routine hill, something any car should be able to handle, the car suddenly lost power. It was as if it didn’t want to shift and simply couldn’t pull the car up the hill. With so many large big rigs flying by at 75 mph, my speed dropping from 75mph to 45 mph within seconds became incredibly dangerous, I ended up having to drive in the breakdown lane till I somehow managed to make it to the top of the hill. Although I was in the middle of nowhere, 45 min out from hoover dam and an hour to Kingman, I spotted a rundown gas station in the distance. I don’t know how, but I managed to coast/accelerate the car just enough to pull it in there and call the Ford emergency repair. They were amazing, polite and did what they could to help me, although it’s promised to get a tow truck to you within an hour, I waited almost 3 hours before the tow truck arrived, reluctantly paying $4 for a coke and $3 for a snickers to help pass the time by. The tow back and the experience at the dealership when I pulled my car in was fine, they did what they should, were courteous and offered to take me to a hotel while they figure out what’s going on, telling me to keep my receipt in the event Ford will reimburse me for hotel costs. The next day I was picked up and returned to the dealership, where I was told the timing belt had snapped, wrapped around the cam shaft and pulled it out enough to where they will need to both replace the camshaft, but also re-time the engine. Estimated duration: 1 week. They put me in a rental car and sent me on my merry way. One week later, while dealing with a regional manager, I was finally contacted and told they found additional problems and will need another week to fix it. My car had 11,454 miles on it, I had just had a “The Works” package done on it two weeks prior to this, I had to pay $55 for the rental car tax, never was offered reimbursement for the hotel, told I wouldn’t get it and paid $40 for the gas of having to drive 4.5 hour back to the dealership to pick up my car. Although Ford honored their contractual obligation to fix the problem, I now drive a car that has less than 13k miles on it and has had major repairs done to the engine. Maybe it was fluke, maybe it was bad luck but the car runs worse than before. You know that moment when you’re making a left and you time it just right to make the turn, hit the gas and, nothing for 3 seconds, it’s quite the experience. Literally watching the cars rapidly approaching while my car decides to accelerate. If it could happen to me, it could happen to anyone. DON’T BUY THIS CAR. There are better options out there. I received a courtesy call to be sure the car was still running, but all communication with the manager, my local dealership and everyone else involved ceased immediately. For those interested, Arizona Lemon states that a car has to be out of commission for 30 days or 4 attempts have to be made to fix the same problem. Any mechanic can make a car work in that time frame, so the law is utter non sense."

2011 AND 2013 FORD FIESTA

By on Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Pros: "PRICE, DRIVING DYNAMIC, FEATURES"

Cons: "BACK SEATS BEST FOR KIDS OR SHORT ADULTS"

"We recently added a second Fiesta to join the one we purchased in January 2011. We have had no issues with the 2011, and for 2013 Ford has added volume controls to the steering wheel, driver armrest, and moved the SYNC to the wheel from the turn signal stalk. We consistently get 32MPG in mostly city driving, and 45MPG highway is easilly attainable at 60MPH. This is a nimble and really fun to drive car which retained it's European handling qualities. If you need a sub-compact (super mini) you really need to test drive the Fiesta."

Love my Fiesta!

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, affordable, neat features, cute"

Cons: "horrible on speed bumps"

"When I got this car, I wasn't really much of a Ford fan, but it was the best I could afford. This Fiesta has totally changed my mind. It's not a powerhouse or anything, but nobody should expect that because it's a compact car. It has enough power for what it's made for. Even better, the recommended mileage for an oil change is 10,000. I love the design and added features and convenience. The integrated bluetooth with Microsoft Sync is the best. I can control my media player and my phone solely by pressing a button (located on the turn signal arm thingy) and speaking, keeping my eyes on the road and hands on the wheels. For a small car, it's pretty roomy. If you were really tall or were going to have more than one or two adult passengers often, though, it probably isn't for you. I'm 5'5 and my boyfriend is about 5'10 and we fit very comfortably, and I can squeeze enough in the trunk and back seat for an entire weekend camping trip for two. There are only a few things I can think of that I don't like. First, even if you don't have sirius equipment installed, the button is still there and there is no option to have it installed, so that button can never work. Next, if you go over a speed bump without practically stopping you can hear it scrape. Overall, his car is sure to impress. At least your friends that don't have a Ford."

Great value and MPG

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pros: "Gas mileage"

Cons: "Backseat for adults, tight entering driver seat"

"Being a small car, I was very concerned as to how this car would hold up in a crash. Well Ford should be proud, because I was just rear ended by a full size Dodge Ram pickup and yes my car is totaled, however, I walked away. My injuries are typical for that type of cash but the car was build to absorb such an impact. The only thing that did fail was the driver seat, which for whatever reason the seat-back dropped as if I was laying flat. I have enjoyed this car a lot. It got great gas mileage, averaging out at 37 MPG. My husband and I are both tall and we were very comfortable in the front seat, however, it is not great for adults in the back seat. Taking everything in to consideration, I will not have any issues with buying another Fiesta"

Really the most value for your money.

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pros: "Great Handeling, Fuel Economy and Nice Extras Too!"

"For $18,900 I purchased my '11 Fiesta SES. It came with: Bluetooth, heated seats and mirrors, GPS, side airbags, Micorsoft Sync (voice control for text messages, iPod, Pandora, Twitter, GPS and more), Sirius satellite radio, moon-roof, 16" rims, cruise control, smart-key access with push button start, LED parking lamps, mood lighting, auto-dimming rear-view mirror, and a leather wrapped steering wheel with multifunction/audio controls. You could not find that list of featured on some luxury cars that cost twice as much. I have had the Fiesta for 8 mos and over 12,000 miles and have had no issues with it other than one burned out blinker bulb and some rubber trim inside of the door than came unglued during the extreme heat this past summer. Warranty paid for both no questions asked. The Fiesta rides and handles amazingly well for it's price range and has excellent fuel economy. I feel safe in the Fiesta, with it's advanced safety features like stability control, brake assist, and 911 assist. I can honestly say that I owe my life to the stability control when I attempted to take an unseen 90 degree curve in the road at 55mph in the rain. The Fiesta's 6.8 inch ground clearance is a big help in deep snow and also prevents it from "bottoming out" on most steep driveways. It has held it's value exceptionally well (I could sell it today for $500 less than i paid for it!). It really is a great car for the money, and I always recommend it to everyone who tells me they are looking for a new car."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25