• 2014 Compact Cars

2013 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,650 - $16,053.

10/7.3

7.8

Based on 139 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Well designed, efficient and practical

By on Sunday, May 05, 2013

Pros: "Handles well, fuel efficient, stylish, good value"

Cons: "Can't handle aggressive acceleration"

"If you're in the market for a small car that's a great value, I recommend the Fiesta. I drive a lot of highway and small town miles, and I'm averaging about 38 mpg... 40+ on the highway. The dash is well designed, car handles well on the road, fit and finish very good, especially for an inexpensive compact. One caution: it's a bit underpowered on acceleration; slow and steady pressure on the pedal gets you up to speed at a reasonable pace from the on-ramp, but if you do a lot of aggressive daily urban driving, you might think twice before buying the Fiesta. Still, all in all, a great vehicle for the average driver."

I love my little Fi!

By on Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Pros: "Cute, Fun to drive, Good gas mileage"

Cons: "Not wonderful in snow, uphill issues"

"I bought this car new in April of 2012. I love it! I think it's a GREAT car choice for the price. The only issue I don't like in her is the problem I have going up hills. I really can't complain too much since she has little horsepower. I knew that going into it, but I didn't mind. It really isn't that big of an issue. I'm a young girl that lives on the border of 2 different states. I really have little needs to go far distances. I drive 10 miles to work, and occasionally travel. This car gets great gas mileage when you're going at a steady pace. Although Fi is small, I feel completely comfortable and safe, especially driving in cities such as Pittsburgh and Columbus. It's not a large/long car so it makes parking a BREEZE. The Fiesta's turning is exceptional and she offers great headlight coverage. I love this car and would totally recommend it to someone."

The ST is perfect

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, Versatile,"

Cons: "High seating position, Five doors,"

"I actually own a Ford Fiesta ST, but the ST was not a option I could choose. The back seats are not really that spacious but people do not sit back there very often, so it is not that big of a deal to me. I park next to a Mazda Miata every night and the Fiesta is a tad bit longer, so how it fits a backseat at all makes it nice for those just in case I have more then one passenger moments. I am 6'2" and I find the car fits me perfectly. I like the optional recaro seats as well. My only complaints about the whole car is that you sit kind of high and it has five doors. I guess I'm weird and like to sit as close to the ground as possible and a three door just looks better to me. The drive is great. So much torque and low end power. A bit bumpy at times but I like it that way. The handling is quick and responsive. I test drove a Mustang GT and a Focus ST but neither of them were as fun to drive or as cheap as the Fiesta. The Mustang GT felt kind of sloppy and it was hard to have fun in while being confined to the speed limit. The Focus ST was brilliant but not for the price difference especially when you started to add on options. Sync has worked excellently so far, but I have not owned the vehicle for very long so we'll see. The Fiesta ST is the perfect car. Easy to park, Fun to drive, All weather friendly, five seats, handy hatch, decent MPG's for a sporting car, and nice to look at."

Fun to drive, great mileage, I love it!

By on Wednesday, February 06, 2013

"I recommend the Ford Fiesta SE for Seniors. The price is right and mileage is great. Trunk offers lots of room along with the rear seat folding down for additional space if needed. Purchasing a added Extended Warranty will bring you up to 6-years 60,000 miles. Be sure and check this out if you plan to drive the car for a number of years. The ability to transfer the warranty for a low price to the next owner is an added advantage when you sell it. Living in Michigan we have some weeks when the roads are covered with snow. The Fiesta handles well in the snow. Check the Ford Fiesta out when looking for a new car. You might find it to what you are looking for. I did!"

I bought this on impulse, and wound up loving it!

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Handling and interior."

Cons: "Non unrelated to the size of the car."

"Fully intending to buy a conventional sedan, this Fiesta caught my eye in the showroom and for once in my life I bought a car on impulse. It turned out to be a good choice. The car is comfortable, fun to drive and reliable through its first 30K miles. The clutch and gearbox are both solid and predictable. I'm averaging 40 mpg with the standard transmission doing about 50% highway miles."

Fun to drive, efficient and reliable!

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pros: "fuel econ, fun to drive"

Cons: "no center council. l installed my own"

"Off the lot with 24 miles, I was concerned the new tech would cause problems. The sync, 6 spd trans and boasted fuel econ were big in 2011, would they hold up? The car is still everything it was when it was new. Coming to this car from a SUV was amazing. 38-42 mpg, same range as the SUV, but half the fuel. ride is also very nice, non fatiguing seats and a pleasure for long hauls!"

comfortable, great mileage

By on Friday, September 20, 2013

Pros: "exciting, value, great looking"

Cons: "little light on power"

"had the car a year and a half and love it. been on a couple long trips and it has done excellent. The front is very spacious for two adults. With me driving the back seat gets a little cramped (i'm six foot though). The driver's seat is very adjustable; you can go with anything from a street racer with it very low with the wheel right in front of you, all the way up to nearly feeling like your in a small SUV. driving around my small town i avg about 35 mpg. only drawback is if you have to run the ac/heater much, it really hurts the mpg. small, safe, and very satisfying to drive."

We Bought 2

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, Ride, Style"

Cons: "Sirius needs to be free for a year"

"We liked this car so much we bought 2. We had 2 focuses before and mine was the 2dr hatch. I was getting thrashed driving that car, I have a bad back and the ride was horrible. I test drove a bunch of used cars when the finance guy suggested we test drive a Fiesta. I fell in love with it from the minute I sat in it. It rides nice. We avg 32 mpg in the city. The only thing I wish we had was a year for free Sirius."

VERY NICE CAR

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

"This car drives very good ..Great on gas I fill up like every two weeks and 28.00 dollars to fill the tank @3.54 a gallon I get around 34 to 38 miles to a gallon. I like the looks of this car and can handle fast turns and nice speeds oil changes are every 6,000 to 10,000 miles can't beat that"

Terrible Car

By on Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Pros: "Nice looking"

Cons: "bad transmissions, poor fuel mileage, and more"

my car

"I purchased this car band new and by 26,000 I had to replace the transmission because of a terrible grinding sound coming from the transmission while driving. Ford was not helpful and kept pushing me out the door until 6 months and 8 visits to the dealership later they finally replaced the transmission. They stated that the grinding noise is perfectly normal characteristics of the vehicle but if it's grinding on all gears then they replace the transmissions?? Seems fishy to me... Plus I only get 34 miles per gallon and I have had this car for over a year now; my travel time is all high way also and they can't explain why. DON'T BUY THEM!"

my car

2011 AND 2013 FORD FIESTA

By on Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Pros: "PRICE, DRIVING DYNAMIC, FEATURES"

Cons: "BACK SEATS BEST FOR KIDS OR SHORT ADULTS"

"We recently added a second Fiesta to join the one we purchased in January 2011. We have had no issues with the 2011, and for 2013 Ford has added volume controls to the steering wheel, driver armrest, and moved the SYNC to the wheel from the turn signal stalk. We consistently get 32MPG in mostly city driving, and 45MPG highway is easilly attainable at 60MPH. This is a nimble and really fun to drive car which retained it's European handling qualities. If you need a sub-compact (super mini) you really need to test drive the Fiesta."

Love my Fiesta!

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, affordable, neat features, cute"

Cons: "horrible on speed bumps"

"When I got this car, I wasn't really much of a Ford fan, but it was the best I could afford. This Fiesta has totally changed my mind. It's not a powerhouse or anything, but nobody should expect that because it's a compact car. It has enough power for what it's made for. Even better, the recommended mileage for an oil change is 10,000. I love the design and added features and convenience. The integrated bluetooth with Microsoft Sync is the best. I can control my media player and my phone solely by pressing a button (located on the turn signal arm thingy) and speaking, keeping my eyes on the road and hands on the wheels. For a small car, it's pretty roomy. If you were really tall or were going to have more than one or two adult passengers often, though, it probably isn't for you. I'm 5'5 and my boyfriend is about 5'10 and we fit very comfortably, and I can squeeze enough in the trunk and back seat for an entire weekend camping trip for two. There are only a few things I can think of that I don't like. First, even if you don't have sirius equipment installed, the button is still there and there is no option to have it installed, so that button can never work. Next, if you go over a speed bump without practically stopping you can hear it scrape. Overall, his car is sure to impress. At least your friends that don't have a Ford."

Great value and MPG

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pros: "Gas mileage"

Cons: "Backseat for adults, tight entering driver seat"

"Being a small car, I was very concerned as to how this car would hold up in a crash. Well Ford should be proud, because I was just rear ended by a full size Dodge Ram pickup and yes my car is totaled, however, I walked away. My injuries are typical for that type of cash but the car was build to absorb such an impact. The only thing that did fail was the driver seat, which for whatever reason the seat-back dropped as if I was laying flat. I have enjoyed this car a lot. It got great gas mileage, averaging out at 37 MPG. My husband and I are both tall and we were very comfortable in the front seat, however, it is not great for adults in the back seat. Taking everything in to consideration, I will not have any issues with buying another Fiesta"

Really the most value for your money.

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pros: "Great Handeling, Fuel Economy and Nice Extras Too!"

"For $18,900 I purchased my '11 Fiesta SES. It came with: Bluetooth, heated seats and mirrors, GPS, side airbags, Micorsoft Sync (voice control for text messages, iPod, Pandora, Twitter, GPS and more), Sirius satellite radio, moon-roof, 16" rims, cruise control, smart-key access with push button start, LED parking lamps, mood lighting, auto-dimming rear-view mirror, and a leather wrapped steering wheel with multifunction/audio controls. You could not find that list of featured on some luxury cars that cost twice as much. I have had the Fiesta for 8 mos and over 12,000 miles and have had no issues with it other than one burned out blinker bulb and some rubber trim inside of the door than came unglued during the extreme heat this past summer. Warranty paid for both no questions asked. The Fiesta rides and handles amazingly well for it's price range and has excellent fuel economy. I feel safe in the Fiesta, with it's advanced safety features like stability control, brake assist, and 911 assist. I can honestly say that I owe my life to the stability control when I attempted to take an unseen 90 degree curve in the road at 55mph in the rain. The Fiesta's 6.8 inch ground clearance is a big help in deep snow and also prevents it from "bottoming out" on most steep driveways. It has held it's value exceptionally well (I could sell it today for $500 less than i paid for it!). It really is a great car for the money, and I always recommend it to everyone who tells me they are looking for a new car."

TRANSMISSION

By on Monday, February 04, 2013

Pros: "Side-view mirrors, Safety, MPG, Esthetics, Price"

Cons: "UNRELIABLE TRANSMISSION"

"I've had this 2012 Ford Fiesta SE 6 speed automatic for about 10 months, and absolutely LOVED it up until it reached about 11,000 miles when the transmission started giving me problems. During the upshift from gears 1-2 and 2-3 the car would shutter, shaking the whole entire car pretty intensely. Took it to the dealer and they "reprogrammed" it, and said it was fine. Less than one month later, the transmission is doing the SAME EXACT thing. This time the dealer says it is going to replace the clutch... We'll see if that will fix it, but I am definitely not going to wait and see. Ironically, I decided to buy a brand new car with the main reason of not having to worry about transmission problems, guess I wasn't that lucky... I'm currently looking up reviews on a car to buy in the VERY near future."

Great vehicle for the value!!

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "38 mpg, good in snow, ample leg room"

Cons: "no cargo space"

"I love driving my Fiesta. It was a very economical buy and has surpassed my expectations. It is on the smaller side of compact, so road tripping with a family of 4 has been a little bit tight and almost unbearable. I bought it for my long commute to work though, and for that, it has done it's job well. I am very happy with my car. Wouldn't trade it for anything."

New Fords are awesome

By on Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Pros: "Great Gas Milage, Beautiful colors, Fun to drive"

Cons: "Can sometimes be uncomfortable on long drives"

"I didn't used to be a fan of new ford, they looked big and bulky. I was actually planning on buying a Nissan but decided to test drive this car because of it's color, "Magenta". Drove it and feel in love with with."

Amazing

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "gas, comfort, handling, lots of options"

Cons: "no console storage"

"I love my new Ford Fiesta! It drives so smooth and has amazing gas mileage. I did a lot of research before purchasing a new car and the reviews all pointed to the fiesta. And they were right! It's sleek and sporty, awesome car!"

great vehicle

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pros: "handling, styling, gas mileage"

"love my Fiesta...handles great.. feels like a much bigger car and looks great.. and get's great mileage, around 37 mpg driving it fast with a lot of stop and go in fwy traffic. The transmission can be a little finicky.. what I have found is that it doesn't like to start out with little gas. If you give it a little more gas, the sputtering will not occur."

Good choice for the money.

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Great traction, good drving, great gas mileage."

Cons: "Low to the ground, but that was to be expected."

"This was the best choice for my money. I was looking for gas mileage above all. I travel a lot, which is why in 15 months I put over 52,000 miles on it. I get average of 38-42 per gal. It is all highway driving. This is not the most comfortable vehicle I have owned, but not bad either. It was a good choice for me at the time. Now I need a bit bigger car for work."

Great first new car!

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

"I'm a college student who just bought this as my first new car a few months ago. So far I absolutely love this car! I get about 36 mpg highway and around 33 in town. The only problem that I've had with this car is one of the drivers side speakers doesn't always work. I grew up driving trucks and never thought I would get used to driving a small four cylinder car but it really has plenty of power and was a very easy adjustment."

Great compact car

By on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

"Just purchased our third Fiesta. The 2014 model adds My Ford Touch and a Sony stereo upgrade. The car is incredibly quiet and very comfortable. It drives well and has a good and almost sporty feel to it. MPG for me has been in the mid 30 range which is decent for my driving habits. Overall, i don't think you can find a nicer compact car out there especially considering all the options you can add that aren't available on other compact cars. I ordered mine fully loaded and love this vehicle!"

Perfect Starter Car

By on Monday, October 14, 2013

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, great gas mileage, cute"

Cons: "small interior space"

"I bought a 2013 Fiesta last year after graduation as by first new car. I absolutely love it. The interior is a bit on the small side, but I am petite and do not have a family to lug around in it.I have done quite a bit of driving in it already and it handles great. This car suits my needs perfectly."

great gas mileage

By on Friday, September 13, 2013

Pros: "40 mpg, handling, styling, quiet ride."

Cons: "automatic transmission is junk, back seat leg room"

"this car is a ten out of ten on everything but the powershift auto tranny, it is terrible if I had it to do over again I would get a stick shift.Ive had the clutches replaced once and they need replaced again and only has 58000 miles."

Surprising small car

By on Saturday, April 20, 2013

Pros: "economy, fun to drive, good looking."

Cons: "stupid front door cupholder interferes with exit."

"Bought this car for my wife and owned it for over one year. The transmission took a little time to get accustomed to, but it is shifting much more smoothly as the miles are added. Averaging 34 mpg in city/suburban driving! We use this car most of the time. It can hold quite a bit: ie. a gas grill and 21 full backpacks. What it can't hold is too many passengers for too much time. The back seat is not very comfortable. The front seats are spacious and quite comfortable. There are almost 8000 miles on this car, and only had one piece of seat trim fail. It was replaced by my dealer with no problems. Hope to keep this car for at least another 5 years. Fun to drive, economical, and "cute" is the best description I can give."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25