2013 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $12,715 - $13,100.

10/7.3

7.8

Based on 151 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Great small car with excellent gas mileage

By on Thursday, April 04, 2013

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, great gas mileage"

Cons: "When driving you can hear some outside noise"

"Bought this vehicle in November 2011 for my 17yr old son, he loved the look, color and feel of the car. I of course loved the price- we bought the base model and for him that was suitable. Price was about $13k, with CA tax, license fee and everything $15k out the door. Not bad and I look today we could sell the car private party for $13k and $12k to dealer. Not bad at all in my opinion. The car is small but my son has put his 6ft friends in the back seat and they go in willingly- even though they have cars. So obviously not too uncomfortable. Less than $40 fill up for over 400 miles, my Escalade EXT is $110 for about the same miles- that is why I try to have him drive when we are going over 100 miles."

2011 AND 2013 FORD FIESTA

By on Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Pros: "PRICE, DRIVING DYNAMIC, FEATURES"

Cons: "BACK SEATS BEST FOR KIDS OR SHORT ADULTS"

"We recently added a second Fiesta to join the one we purchased in January 2011. We have had no issues with the 2011, and for 2013 Ford has added volume controls to the steering wheel, driver armrest, and moved the SYNC to the wheel from the turn signal stalk. We consistently get 32MPG in mostly city driving, and 45MPG highway is easilly attainable at 60MPH. This is a nimble and really fun to drive car which retained it's European handling qualities. If you need a sub-compact (super mini) you really need to test drive the Fiesta."

LOVE my first Ford!

By on Thursday, March 14, 2013

Pros: "Gas milage, price, ride, handling, quality"

Cons: "rear seat legroom/child seat use"

"This is my first Ford and my first brand-new car. I was looking at a used Focus but the dealer gave me a fantastic deal on a new 2012 base model and I couldn't pass it up! My car has zero options boxes checked but still comes with traction/stability control, air conditioning, and a quality stereo with an mp3 jack. Unlike others (and Consumer Reports), I think this car has more than adequate acceleration. It's no Mustang, but bolting out in small traffic gaps in the city is easily accomplished, and I have no trouble reaching 80mph by the end of even the shortest interstate on-ramps. I've had this car 363 days now and put 22k miles on it, with absolutely no issues. I've only done oil changes and put on a set of snow tires. Speaking of, this car handles GREAT in the snow as well as on dry pavement. It corners so flat you could terrify your mother (or in my case, my wife) with g-forces without even a peep from the tires. The trunk is HUGE for a subcompact. Fuel milage is great, I am no featherfoot but I've seen no worse than 33mpg, and that was in bad weather with the snow tires on. In good weather and summer tires, I went more than 2 months straight getting 40-43 mpg on every tank of gas... the car's only rated at 38 mpg highway! The car is VERY solid and quiet going down the road, and all the materials have a quality feel. "Quality king" Toyota seems to have slipped by comparison; my mother-in-law has a 2012 Corolla that cost 50% more and several components of that car feel chinsy to me compared to the Fiesta, especially the door handles and dash controls. The Corolla also isn't as quiet going down the road. The only downside to the Fiesta is that the backseat is rather cramped, to the point that putting a rear-facing child seat in the car requires me to have my face practically mashed into the steering wheel. Oh, and the LATCH anchors are also nearly impossible to reach since Ford stuffed them back into the seat cusions so far. Luckily this is my personal work commuter car 95% of the time and we generally use my wife's full-size car for toting the kids around. So, great all-around car, but not the best choice if you want to cart the family around."

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR

By on Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Reason: Transmission Problems

Pros: "Gas mileage was great before transmission repair"

Cons: "Everything else"

"Bought this car brand new. At a little under 3,000 miles, the transmission started slipping. The dealership kept it three weeks and finally replaced the clutch assembly and reprogrammed the TCM & PCM. Transmission still slipped in 1st & 3rd gears, and mpg was down approx. 5mpg. Back to the dealership. Kept it another three weeks, and said they could not duplicate the problem. Really? I do not think they even drove the car, and either didn't know what to do, or didn't care. Glad it is gone!"

Don't buy!Beware... the car may look cute and the

By on Thursday, February 21, 2013

"Beware... the car may look cute and the price may sound great; along with the savings at the pump but I have had my car for only 10 months and the powertrain light went on. I started losing power while I was driving and struggled with the clutch to shift gears. Brought it into the shop and it was a factory defect; the petal sensor needed to be replaced. When I got the car back; the drive felt great and I thought it was ok. Didn't even have it back for 24hrs and the light came back on; now it is the wire harness.(not sure if I spelt that correctly) Nothing like having a car payment and having to drive a rental. Not sure what will go out next but I don't trust the car."

Terrible piece of machinery.

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage is decent for long cummuting."

Cons: "Poor acceleration"

"Liken this car to the matchbox cars you had as a kid. Drives terrible. NO spunk.2 year old car with 55,000 miles drives like a 10 year old car with 155,000. Economy car proves to be built cheaply. Cute but not recommended- DO NOT attempt to pull into traffic safely.Once the car gets up to speed, it't not terrible, but it's not really built for high speed driving (highway/turnpike) either. More of a tool around car than a commuting car."

Fun to drive, great mileage, I love it!

By on Wednesday, February 06, 2013

"I recommend the Ford Fiesta SE for Seniors. The price is right and mileage is great. Trunk offers lots of room along with the rear seat folding down for additional space if needed. Purchasing a added Extended Warranty will bring you up to 6-years 60,000 miles. Be sure and check this out if you plan to drive the car for a number of years. The ability to transfer the warranty for a low price to the next owner is an added advantage when you sell it. Living in Michigan we have some weeks when the roads are covered with snow. The Fiesta handles well in the snow. Check the Ford Fiesta out when looking for a new car. You might find it to what you are looking for. I did!"

I love my little Fi!

By on Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Pros: "Cute, Fun to drive, Good gas mileage"

Cons: "Not wonderful in snow, uphill issues"

"I bought this car new in April of 2012. I love it! I think it's a GREAT car choice for the price. The only issue I don't like in her is the problem I have going up hills. I really can't complain too much since she has little horsepower. I knew that going into it, but I didn't mind. It really isn't that big of an issue. I'm a young girl that lives on the border of 2 different states. I really have little needs to go far distances. I drive 10 miles to work, and occasionally travel. This car gets great gas mileage when you're going at a steady pace. Although Fi is small, I feel completely comfortable and safe, especially driving in cities such as Pittsburgh and Columbus. It's not a large/long car so it makes parking a BREEZE. The Fiesta's turning is exceptional and she offers great headlight coverage. I love this car and would totally recommend it to someone."

TRANSMISSION

By on Monday, February 04, 2013

Pros: "Side-view mirrors, Safety, MPG, Esthetics, Price"

Cons: "UNRELIABLE TRANSMISSION"

"I've had this 2012 Ford Fiesta SE 6 speed automatic for about 10 months, and absolutely LOVED it up until it reached about 11,000 miles when the transmission started giving me problems. During the upshift from gears 1-2 and 2-3 the car would shutter, shaking the whole entire car pretty intensely. Took it to the dealer and they "reprogrammed" it, and said it was fine. Less than one month later, the transmission is doing the SAME EXACT thing. This time the dealer says it is going to replace the clutch... We'll see if that will fix it, but I am definitely not going to wait and see. Ironically, I decided to buy a brand new car with the main reason of not having to worry about transmission problems, guess I wasn't that lucky... I'm currently looking up reviews on a car to buy in the VERY near future."

Great Car for the money

By on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pros: "great price"

"i bought this car as a gas saver, and that's what I got. It does get the full 40 mpg. it cost about $30 to full it up on E. never had a problem with the yet"

2012 Fiesta Duel Clutch malfunction

By on Thursday, January 03, 2013

Pros: "Good MPG, Easy to drive, Good for students"

Cons: "Duel Clutch Automatic Transmittion"

"Automatic manual trans. Pro: Its a wonderful car easy to drive. It a very good car for students, since its small and compact also gets very good mileage. I usually drive about 250-350 miles or more a week and I only fill the tank up once per week typicaly $30.00 a tank. In terms of style the front seats are comfortable. Love the position of the radio and all the gadgets. It wonderful and I am very attached to it. Con: The duel clutch of the automatic trans.( aids in the gear change for the car giving it the fuel efficiency) has given me trouble. In-fact its a problem for this type car. Not many people will notice it until its too late, when i took my car in because it was vibrating at 10-20mph on acceleration, they told me the fiesta has been having problems with the duel clutch and if you are out of warranty good luck to you paying the parts and service fee. If the car is accelerated very slowly it will not be noticed but the moment the acceleration is to peak at a higher gear change Your Lucky Fiesta might have this problem. Mine didn't show until almost the 20,000 mile marker. Hopefully the 2013 duel clutch is better.It the only problem i have encountered with this car. Not all fiesta's have this issue but the thing is that many consumers do not know that this car is having a problem with the duel cluch trans. that the automatic car has. I am currently on the hunt to trade mine in for a car with a bigger engine and has been on the market in the USA a longer time."

best small car

By on Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, great mileage."

Cons: "should have gotten the automatic."

"I bought this car a little over a year ago. Since then I've put 34,000 miles on it. The only work done has been oil changes. No other work has been done or needs to be done. The car is small and is perfect for driving in the City of Chicago. I can park just about any place, I can fit on any road. My over all mileage is just over 37 mpg. That's city driving and driving in traffic to/from the city. I like the voice commands and features."

My little Race Car

By on Friday, November 30, 2012

Pros: "Great Price, Fun to drive, Drives like a rally car"

Cons: "Small foot box for driver"

"This car is less than two years old, and I have over 40K Miles on it. I have the 5-speed manual transmission and have had no problems with any drive train components. Great little sporty car, and I average 40 MPG with a mix of highway and city driving on my commute, which is 110 miles per day. This thing handles corners great, down shift and it flies. the only drawback that I have is the foot room for the driver is a little tight, I'm almost 6 foot tall and wear boots to work, so the foot box is cramped. I only wish I had gotten the Hatchback for the sporty look, but that cost $1200 more. Sync works great, moon roof and ambient lighting system is cool. I would buy this car again."

Fell in love... and fell right back out..

By on Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pros: "Good on gas, easy to drive, nice features."

Cons: "High insurance, High cost of repairs."

"I own this car in the lime squeeze and let me tell you she was a beauty. Everyone loved the color and people new it was me when they seen it. I loved everything about it; the heated seats, the up-hill assist, everything. One day I hit another car in the parking lot of my school. I wasn't going but 10 MPH.. not even that.. The ford on the front fell off, both head lights weren't attached to the car, the whole front bumper was sitting on the ground, both LED lights were shattered, and the hood was bent up in three different places. I also hit my knee under the steering wheele.. The air bag that's supposed to prevent that never went off. If I were to be going 55 and that happened, I think I would be dead, if not major injuries. I love Ford products! But this one the should have thought about alittle bit more. My car had over $4,000 in damage, now I'm thinking about trading it in for a safer car. (Still a Ford of course.) Just make sure you think about it before you get one."

ford did a great job on this car

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I own this car

Pros: "fun too drive"

Cons: "stif susp but can live with it"

"thi s is my second ford i had a 2010 ford focus"

Great car-a few minor complaints

By on Friday, November 02, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, good price, fuel economy, interior"

Cons: "No handles anywhere, no manual locks,"

"I bought a manual violet gray 2013 Fiesta SE in early October. It has a soft touch dash which I was very surprised by and a great sound system. The back seats are smaller than I anticipated but the are large enough for any of my taller friends. The manual is a ton of fun and power comes really fast. I would definitely recommend the manual, especially after looking at the automatic reviews. The car has hill-start assist which for the manual which is incredibly helpful to me because I have to exit a lot of parking garages where the exit is uphill, so now I don't have to worry about going backwards. I do have a few minor complaints. My keyless entry remote went out already, not sure what that is about yet and for some reason shifting into second gear is really touchy, so it can be jerky at times. When the remote goes out you have to unlock the door manually and then go to the center button and hit it twice before you could get the trunk open because there is no keyhole on the trunk or the passenger door. There aren't any handles on the ceiling and the ceiling liner could seriously use some reinforcement. I'm kind of afraid if I touch it on accident I will permanently damage it. There aren't any manual locks on the doors, so you have to use the center button and hit it multiple times to let someone in on the passenger side. The trunk also does not have a handle, it's just a button that you push. When I bought the car I was mainly looking for a manual car with cruise, but in addition to that I got the Sync system which is pretty cool but also very confusing right now. The bluetooth calling is very useful, but I'm pretty sure that my use of sync is limited because I have a flip-phone that can't do many of the things a smart phone can do. I found it interesting that the engine and transmission were made in Brazil, which can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your opinion. Overall I love the car, it runs great and it's really comfortable. The trunk is larger than it looks. Now that Kia has busted for having higher than realistic mpg numbers, I think this is probably the best non-hybrid commuter car. I'm getting great gas mileage and I've never had more fun driving. I would definitely recommend it, but I would wait until there are good incentives. I got mine for about $2000 below msrp by waiting for the right time to buy. Good luck with finding your new car!"

very disapointed with the fiesta model

By on Friday, November 02, 2012

Pros: "good design"

Cons: "poor performance"

"too noicy many mechanicals problems."

Too Small

By on Friday, October 26, 2012

Pros: "Great mpg, roomy trunk"

Cons: "Jerky transmission, complex SYNC features"

"In this price and segment, there are better alternatives like Yaris & Honda Fit. The transmission is very jerky, engine is slow to response in left turns and it takes a while to pickup speed. Bluetooth wireless audio is not user-friendly and every time you want to play music wirelessly, you have to go back and set the media to bluetooth audio mode and it takes sometime to do this. The only positive about this car is the gas mileage. I am getting 31 mpg city now!"

Completely unhappy with driveablility

By on Monday, October 01, 2012

Pros: "Good gas mileage. SYNC is a great feature."

Cons: "Poor engine/trans/software engineering"

"Engine coil pack failed at 25K miles. Approximately 2K miles later the vehicle developed a hesitation when the drivetrain was under load. Eight trips to 3 different Ford dealers later and the car is still not fixed. Ford insists the hesitation is "normal". Ford's high tech auto trans is completely unreliable, it' been removed and reinstalled twice to install new seals, clutch packs, etc. as well as new external components. Window auto up function has failed twice. If Ford does not buy this car back I will be pursue Lemon Law. Not at all happy with the car or Ford's Customer Care Center."

Not a car I like

By on Sunday, September 30, 2012

"The fiesta's transmission is very frustrating and unreliable. The interior is very cheap, squeaky and cramped."

Great car, value, and gas milage!

By on Friday, September 07, 2012

Pros: "Great gas milage"

Cons: "Very little backseat legroom"

"I bought a 2012 Ford Fiesta last September. After having this car for a year, I am still completely in love with it. Highway driving I get about 40-42 MPG, and day to day driving I get around 35-38 MPG. It's fun to drive, handles great, and for me, it's the perfect size. The only real downfall, is the legroom in the back seat. If I have a few friends in the car with me, I feel terrible making them sit in the back."

best vehical ever

By on Sunday, September 02, 2012

Pros: "same car as top of this page same color too"

Cons: "no cons it has 3 or 4 cup holders"

"love this car but saw something i like better. i payed cash for this car so i have title"

Fun Little Car

By on Saturday, August 25, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, sporty looking"

Cons: "no built in navigation system, back seats cramped"

"I really like this little car - great for driving in the city. It's no sports car but it's got plenty of pickup compared to some other economical cars I have owned - and it handles extremely well. Also, even though it is a small car, I fit into it quite easily even though I'm a 6'3" non-skinny guy. That being said, I don't think anyone could sit in the seat behind mine if they had legs - so it's effectively a 3-person car for me, but as I'm single that has never been an issue. Looks nice also."

I love this car more and more

By on Monday, August 13, 2012

Pros: "Handling, solid body feel and body style."

Cons: "Some cheap interior parts and more horse power."

"The best quality of this car is the handling and the solid body feel. I love the 5 speed manual and I would probably not like this car if it were an automatic. With the manual the car moves and again it corners on a dime. The car itself has been bullet proof reliability. I also love the comfort of the front seats and it highway manners. My only wish to make this car perfect would be to add 15 more horses to the engine, possibly a turbo and some interior pieces are of cheap plastic. I would even be happy with a retro kit to upgrade the interior and I would love to add a turbo without invalidating the warranty."

I love this car more and more

By on Monday, August 13, 2012

Pros: "Handling, solid body feel and body style."

Cons: "Some cheap interior parts and more horse power."

See if you qualify for