2013 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $12,705 - $13,093.

10/7.3

7.8

Based on 151 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

I bought this on impulse, and wound up loving it!

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Handling and interior."

Cons: "Non unrelated to the size of the car."

"Fully intending to buy a conventional sedan, this Fiesta caught my eye in the showroom and for once in my life I bought a car on impulse. It turned out to be a good choice. The car is comfortable, fun to drive and reliable through its first 30K miles. The clutch and gearbox are both solid and predictable. I'm averaging 40 mpg with the standard transmission doing about 50% highway miles."

Love it so far!

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pros: "Fuel economy, cheap to maintain, reliable."

Cons: "All in all? None."

"Bought new, drive the horse puckey out of it. It'll be two years old in May, and by then I should have about 46,000 miles on it. It has been absolutely reliable; I switched to a K&N drop in filter at 20k, my lifetime average fuel economy to date is 40.7. I still have 6/32nds tread left, too. The only problem I've had is the right rear shock gave out and leaked its fluid in my driveway at 39k. Bought Monroe's and swapped both out in an hour. (If you do this, it's a 15mm at the bottom, and two 10mm at the top, inside the fender well. All easy access with the wheels removed; no trim to undo inside. Swap out the bump stops to the new shocks, and you're done.) She's fun to drive, and quiet inside at 65mph. No regrets at all."

Fun to drive, efficient and reliable!

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pros: "fuel econ, fun to drive"

Cons: "no center council. l installed my own"

"Off the lot with 24 miles, I was concerned the new tech would cause problems. The sync, 6 spd trans and boasted fuel econ were big in 2011, would they hold up? The car is still everything it was when it was new. Coming to this car from a SUV was amazing. 38-42 mpg, same range as the SUV, but half the fuel. ride is also very nice, non fatiguing seats and a pleasure for long hauls!"

Great first new car!

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

"I'm a college student who just bought this as my first new car a few months ago. So far I absolutely love this car! I get about 36 mpg highway and around 33 in town. The only problem that I've had with this car is one of the drivers side speakers doesn't always work. I grew up driving trucks and never thought I would get used to driving a small four cylinder car but it really has plenty of power and was a very easy adjustment."

Great driving small car...but

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Just a great compact car"

Cons: "It does hesitate, after stopping for light/sign"

"I purchased the Fiesta in November, 2012, trading in a Focus. The mileage is fantastic, nothing less than 33mpg, mostly 37+. I had the dealer install a Sirius receiver, which is the pits; make sure Sirius is standard, if you buy one. Value is exceptional. My grandson wants this one, when I get my next vehicle."

good car for what you can get a used one for

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "outstanding mpg. 40+ on hwy. decent build quality"

Cons: "transmission, transmission, transmission"

"for what these are going for used, fully loaded for under 10k, they are a great deal. not sure if 15k new is worth it because of the high depreciation. we bought this car new and a 6k loss in less than 2 years hurts a little. the car runs great, has been very dependable, gets outstanding mpg. during the summer it can get 45mpg hwy. winter months drops to around 36mpg. never got less than 30mpg at anytime, city or hwy. very happy with these results. better than sticker in most cases. there are many complaints about the new tranny in these cars. they are noisy and feel clunky at times. we had ours in the shop because of the rattling noises the tranny makes and were told that its just the way they are. im a little worried about long term reliability. so far 45k and still running."

Don't buy this car!!

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "Love the engine and handling"

Cons: "Transmission, locks"

"My wife and I have always owned Fords, and so when we were finally financially able to buy our first new- off-the-showroom car, naturally we went to our local Ford dealer. We test-drove several, and settled on the 2012 Ford Fiesta. I had been partial to that car from the beginning, because of some road tests I had seen and reviews I had read, and so we were thrilled to get as our first new car such a sporty efficient car at such an affordable price. We looked forward to owning it for the life of the car, and handing it down to our children as they began driving. At about 11,000 miles, we began to notice a noise from the transmission, and it had a slip that got worse very quickly. We took it to our dealer, who kept it for 6 weeks, repaired it and returned it to us. Of course we were very grateful to have had it repaired under warrantee, and hoped this was the end of it. Alas! This was but the beginning of our sorrows. Five months later, we began to experience the same issues. Back to the dealer we went. They reprogrammed the transmission and sent us on our way. This fixed the problem for about three weeks. We have been back to the dealer four times since, each time being told there is no issue, but they will reprogram it just to be sure. The Ford corporation contacted us, and informed us that the grating noise and the extremely hard shifts and the slipping between first and second are just “normal driving characteristics” of this car, and, I guess, we should just be grateful it moves at all."

Great compact car

By on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

"Just purchased our third Fiesta. The 2014 model adds My Ford Touch and a Sony stereo upgrade. The car is incredibly quiet and very comfortable. It drives well and has a good and almost sporty feel to it. MPG for me has been in the mid 30 range which is decent for my driving habits. Overall, i don't think you can find a nicer compact car out there especially considering all the options you can add that aren't available on other compact cars. I ordered mine fully loaded and love this vehicle!"

I LOVE MY NEW CAR!

By on Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pros: "great on gas, love the color, fun to drive"

"i love driving my car, i drive 70 miles to & from work every day. i have been getting 47mpg..woohoo. it drives & rides so smooth."

The ST is perfect

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, Versatile,"

Cons: "High seating position, Five doors,"

"I actually own a Ford Fiesta ST, but the ST was not a option I could choose. The back seats are not really that spacious but people do not sit back there very often, so it is not that big of a deal to me. I park next to a Mazda Miata every night and the Fiesta is a tad bit longer, so how it fits a backseat at all makes it nice for those just in case I have more then one passenger moments. I am 6'2" and I find the car fits me perfectly. I like the optional recaro seats as well. My only complaints about the whole car is that you sit kind of high and it has five doors. I guess I'm weird and like to sit as close to the ground as possible and a three door just looks better to me. The drive is great. So much torque and low end power. A bit bumpy at times but I like it that way. The handling is quick and responsive. I test drove a Mustang GT and a Focus ST but neither of them were as fun to drive or as cheap as the Fiesta. The Mustang GT felt kind of sloppy and it was hard to have fun in while being confined to the speed limit. The Focus ST was brilliant but not for the price difference especially when you started to add on options. Sync has worked excellently so far, but I have not owned the vehicle for very long so we'll see. The Fiesta ST is the perfect car. Easy to park, Fun to drive, All weather friendly, five seats, handy hatch, decent MPG's for a sporting car, and nice to look at."

See if you qualify for