2012 Ford Fiesta

7.8

Based on 155 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 ... 28 29 30 31 | Next

Sweet, comfortable

By on Saturday, June 04, 2011

Pros: "Style, fun to drive, good price and a great Ford dealer experience."

Cons: "Armrest. Where is the center armrest???"

"This car is a blast. When is the last time there was a car in this segment that looked this good and was this much fun to drive. My last car was a Mazda 3, which is a great handling vehicle with so so economy, and I do not regret for one minute going with the Ford. It has the Mazda's impressive handling characteristics with the added bonus of exceptional economy and comfort."

The leader in its class!

By on Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"If you are looking for a compact car that gets good gas mileage then look no further! Before buying the Fiesta I checked out most of the competition in the sub-compact class and the Fiesta was the obvious choice. For as long as I can remember most compact/sub-compact cars offered in the US market have been awful to drive, cheaply built and have the performance and aesthetics of a dying camel but this stereotype is no more. The higher priced Honda Fit is the other standout in the class but the Fiesta delivers similar results for a better price. I would say that in the long run the Fit will probably be more reliable but if you don't intend on keeping the car forever, then I wouldn't allow that to concern you too much. I went with a SE hatchback with both the sport package and the sound and Sync package. These two packages cost only around $800 more than the base price hatchback and for that you get alloy wheels instead of steel wheels, cruise control, voice activated sync for music and blue-tooth capable phones and a few other small extras. Money well spent and it saves over a $1,000 compared to the SES model which is similarly equipped. The exterior styling of the car is excellent and the interior delivers a very quality feel. The control layout for the radio at first seems confusing but after getting used to it, it is very easy to operate. The climate control dials are very easy to use and nice and chunky so they can be easily adjusted in the winter while wearing gloves. IMPORTANT INFO REGARDING CENTER ARMREST: The car does not come with, nor can it be equipped from the dealer with a center armrest. HOWEVER, one can be purchased for the car as an aftermarket piece. Boomco offers their boomerang armrest for the fiesta which is easily mounted to the car in about twenty minutes. The armrest does not look aftermarket and you specify your seat fabric type when ordering so the armrest is sent with the matching fabric. Looks great, great quality and is well worth the $175 you can get it for on their site or on eBay. Although this is a small car, when sitting up front there is no lack of space and the car does not feel cramped at all. However, if you are going to be carrying adult passengers in the rear on a regular basis, I would recommend the larger 2012 Focus hatchback. Trunk space is adequate for most everyday loads and the seats can also be folded down (not completely flat, and you have to remove the headrests) for larger items. Performance is on-par for cars in its class, and I would recommend the 5 speed manual for those who can or are willing to learn to drive a stick. The manual makes driving the car most fun and small cars like this were designed to be driven with a stick. However the new dual clutch automatic is still a good alternative for those who don't want the manual. The 1.6 liter engine delivers plenty of punch for the driver who is regularly driving alone or with one passenger, but with a full tank of gas, a loaded trunk, and four passengers, performance definitely struggles. The advertised MPG rating is fairly accurate and on a long highway drive, most customers will find that the Fiesta gets somewhere in the region of 44-46 MPG. However, if you are like me here in PA, the constant elevation changes hurt overall MPG compared to drivers in flatter terrain. The car is surprisingly comfortable on a long drive and i had no problem driving it for 6-8 hours at a time. I would not hesitate to recommend this car to anyone but don't be caught up in the MPG rating as the sole reason for buying this car. Most complaints about the Fiesta are due to the lack of rear passenger space, etc. If you are going to be carrying rear passengers on a regular basis go for the new focus hatchback which is still offering great MPG but with a little more room. If you are looking for a small car and only need enough room for yourself and maybe one other person, then the Fiesta is the car for you! Suggested options: Sport and sound and sync packages on the SE, all weather floor mats and matching trunk space liner, BOOMERANG center armrest."

A Great Small Car

By on Thursday, February 10, 2011

"So far I have owned this car for around 6 months now, and I can truthfully say that I'm very happy with it. I got the 5-speed manual hatchback version and I have found it to be a very reliable, nice, fun to drive car. The gas mileage has been very good for me at around 32-34mpg combined, though it has dipped lower towards 30 since winter hit. The engine, while not super powerful, I find to be peppy and quick. The 5 speed gearbox shifts nicely, although the distance between gears is a little long for my tastes. The trunk space is excellent, and I have no problem fitting my groceries or whatever else in the back. I got the sync system, which although it has some quirks from time to time, still sounds great and is very helpful in keeping my hands on the wheel. The voice commands work well and the option of MP3 input is nice. I also go the heated mirrors and heats package which I would say is a must for anyone in a cold climate. The styling as well as the fit and finish on this car is excellent. I appreciate the soft touch plastics as well as some nice touches like padded arm door rests. There are a couple of issues however, the rear seat space is extremely small, there is no center armrest, the back seats don't fold flat and there is no cup holder in the back. Overall though you have to keep in mind that this is a COMPACT car, if you want more space, get a Focus. For those in the front however, the ride is top notch, space is good and you really do forget you're in a small car. The Fiesta offers a lot of features that aren't even available on other b-class cars, like heated seats, let alone for the price. For the price, I'm extremely satisfied with the quality and features of this car. I still can't believe it's a Ford."

love the car

By on Friday, January 28, 2011

"Okay sometimes the pickup is a bit slow, I admit, but I think the steering is excellent. One person told me that I should turn the overdrive off if I want to accelerate on the highway, but I am not a weaver inner outer trying to pointlessly test fate. The esc is exceptional (try driving a kia, if you don't think there are differences in ESC systems), I am really comfortable in the car. Granted leg room in back is slim, so if you are doing a lot of driving with four or five, maybe, it is not the car for you, but if most of the time it is just you and another and the shopping great car. I love driving it. Get the sedan, if you need a little more leg room or storage. The mileage is just too sweet. I can't believe that I am getting 32 miles to a gallon driving mostly city streets. I made a bad choice getting a kia, after having an old Infiniti G20 that was giving up the ghost (95'). I was so lucky to find a used fiesta with only 5k on it. I am not small, though not tall, and I find that the seats are real comfortable. The only thing that bothers me is the water bottle holder in the door driver's side. I keep kicking it when I get out. I supposed that if you had a group of 5'9" males in the car it would be problematic. You have to know what works for you. For me, this car works great."

hope your not tall !!!

By on Sunday, November 21, 2010

"first off this car has 6328.00 miles on it. it is extremely small dont even think about using this car to take your adult friends in for a night on the town. the back seats have absolutely no leg room not even for a small child. ride longer than 20 minutes in the car and u will realize the seats are not something u will want to be sitting in long. the bolsters on the seats have metal bars running through them that arnt covered by much cushion. also there is no arm rest or center console for storage of items. the transmission in this thing is terrible just the other day i went to pass someone and the engine revved but the car went no where like it just sifted into nuetral. we took it to the ford dealer and the said they had another customer complain about the same problem but neither times could they get the cars to replicate the problem so they couldnt diagnois it. gas mileage is great around 37mpg avg (mostly highway) and the car looks good. but if you want comfort and space go somewhere else. i would definetly not recommend this to a friend much less anyone. save ur money and go get a chevy cruze or nissan versa."

Previous | 1 ... 28 29 30 31 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Fiesta near Honolulu. See local deals