2012 Ford Fiesta

7.7

Based on 165 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

A great car with abysmal reliability.

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pros: "Far more comfortable we thought it would be"

Cons: "Unreliable"

"First the good: I bought it in 2011 to use as a commuter car. Before driving 1000 miles to my inlaws for Thanksgiving that year, our Volvo was acting up. We were going to rent a "comfortable" car, but my partner convinced me to take the Fiesta although taking a "cheap econo-box" was not my idea of fun. We had only driven it around town and feared it would be rough, uncomfortable, etc. Instead, we were both genuinely surprised at how comfortable it was on such a long road trip. The gas mileage was fantastic (which we already knew) and keeping up with 90 mph traffic on West Texas was a breeze (the speed limit on the interstates is 85). From then on, it became the go-to car for long trips. Now the bad: Last December, it turned 50K miles. Since then, I've replaced the electric driver window motor ($450), the transmission and transaxle (under warranty, but because we were on vacation when it happened, I'm still out of pocket $600 in other expenses because of it, not to mention the extra trip back to pick up the car and time off work), a valve in the fuel filler line that prevented me from putting gas in the tank ($400), and now the electric fan motor that cools the engine ($700). Add that up, and I'm out over $2000 injust nine months. The bloom is off the rose. I'm getting rid of this car as soon as I can. This has been the most unreliable car I've ever owned, with the *possible* exception of a 1974 AMC Hornet I had in college -- and even then I don't recall four expensive repairs in less than a year. Needless to say I'm done with Ford."

Best little Car

By on Sunday, September 21, 2014

Pros: "great gas mileage,"

Cons: "change your oil light will not go off"

""I bought this car used in Feb of 2012. I love it! I think it's a GREAT car choice for the price. I feel completely comfortable and safe, especially driving in cities such as Monroe and Shreveport. It's not a large/long car so it makes parking a BREEZE. The Fiesta's turning is exceptional and she offers great headlight coverage. I love this car and would totally recommend it to someone.""

Built 07/23/2014, Fiesta SE pleasure to drive!

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "European handling, Excellent MPG, Miles of Smiles"

Cons: "Seats a bit narrow."

14 Fiesta SE sedan

"There is no denying early Fiesta owners have experienced automatic transmission problems. This issue is resolved. Ford has a new automatic clutch designated (E) with better seals and updated software. Ford has not abandoned those owners & is extending warranty to 7 years 100K miles on 2011 through 2014 Fiesta's. Here is an easy fix for those 11 through 14 Fiesta owners with electrical gremlins. The negative ground of the battery connects to a painted bracket on the strut tower. Sand off the paint on bracket for a much improved electrical ground connection and reattach the ground adding a bit of dielectric grease to prevent corrosion. This will make a much better surface for high electric current to flow & resolve any weird electrical glitches. It was an assembly line oversight. This sub compact car is fun to drive with excellent 39 mpg highway 36 city. It handles very well and corners superbly. Very quiet inside with European styling out. As compared to those from Asia, Fiesta offers greater number of options at a very reasonable price. A/C is standard on all Fiesta's. I have never found any automobile that was 100% flaw free. Human beings design & produce automobiles. Also consider the reputation of a dealership and their willingness to stand behind a product they sell. If you live in an area where service is 500 miles away, would you purchase that product? Ford will be in business for years to come and a reputable dealer will want your repeat business. We traded a 10 year old Subaru. A New Subaru was knocked out early as the sheet metal is very thin and can be dented just waxing the car. So, it came down to either a Honda Fit or the Ford Fiesta. Ford won hands down. It road better, was much quieter, handled better, with better gas mileage. My other vehicle BTW is a Honda Odyssey. I am a Honda fan, but the Fiesta was a much better buy, with a local dealer who was willing to negotiate and wanted my business. I actually bought my Honda Odyssey used from the same salesman at the ford dealer years ago. We also had considered a Mazda 3, but the local dealership has a most negative reputation and the next nearest Mazda dealership is 250 miles away. There is so much to consider in a new car purchase. The Fiesta is a best buy."

14 Fiesta SE sedan

DIFFICULT TO GET USED TO

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "STYLE & MPG"

Cons: "6 SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION"

"6 SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION DIFFICULT TO GET USED TO or OPERATE even AFTER 3 YEARS. GREAT SHAPE, AWESOME MPG, but NOT FUN TO DRIVE IN THE CITY or IN THE WINTER."

Milage is fantastic

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Pros: "MPG, fun, perfect color, no machanical problems"

Cons: "have not found any "cons""

"I love this car and want to trade in for the exact car in the new year! It gets the best MPG for any non-hybrid I know of. 40-45 on the road and 38-40 around town! Great little car!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Fiesta near Honolulu. See local deals