2010 Ford F450 Super Duty Crew Cab

6.5

Based on 34 Ratings for the 2008 - 2010 models.

6.6/10
    6.9/10
    6.9/10
    7.0/10

Comfortable but Drinks Fuel!

By on Thursday, January 20, 2011

"First Ford I've ever owned, far superior interior and ride to Chevy, but the 6.4 was a BIG mistake. Three DPF's in the first 15,000 miles, cab removed for exhaust leak, #5 injector replaced five times before they figured out the harness was bad, rear differential replaced at 600 miles. Bugs are gone now, but only gets 7mpg towing and 10 empty. Had to add a 90 gallon auxillary tank to go more than 200 miles between fill ups towing."

great truck

By on Sunday, December 18, 2011

"This is definitely a mission built vehicle. I pull a 5th wheel that weighs in at 17,000 lbs and this is an ideal vehicle for the task. The cabin is very comfortable and well designed. The truck has plenty of power and has been very reliable. If you're looking for something that rides like a luxury car, this is not for you. If you're looking for something that gets 25 mpg,again, this is not for you. If you're looking for a powerful, dependable tow/haul vehicle, this is your truck."

Great truck, awesome power!

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "great power, luxury inside!"

Cons: "Fuel mileage"

"We have this truck as a work/farm truck. It has awesome power, great turn radius, luxury inside, but sure takes the fuel. We have the 5 speed automatic. When cruising on the interstate, it could use another gear. 2011 and up do have 6 speed automatics."

2011 f450 is awesome

By on Thursday, February 17, 2011

"I have the new 6.7 engine i get 14around town and 17 hwy. Havn't towed anything super heavy yet. Mine iskingranch loaded with ac in seats sun roof microsoft sync system, I driveit when i dont need to because it is so comfortable. Much better ride than my 08 f450 i traded for this one. Turn signals weird wontstayon when you want them to and stay on after lane change and come on when u dim the lights"

A brute, but thirsty

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pros: "Pulling/Hauling capabilities. Turing radius"

Cons: "Thirsty without modifications."

"I have had my F450 dually for two years. Does everything I ask of it except pass a fuel stop. I didn't get it for its economy. I have a 14000# fifth-wheel trailer and a 4000# truck camper. It movers either of these with ease. I would say though that a larger exhaust system, cold air intake, and a programmer have made this truck a little more economical. These upgrades paid for themselves in less than a year. The biggest suprize that I had was the handling. Rides nice and turns in a significantly shorter radius than my previous F350 dually."

Few problems

By on Friday, July 16, 2010

"I carry a large truck camper. Total vehicle weight 14,000 lbs. It is the best truck out of 9 that I have owned. the handling is superior, the brakes are the best (30% larger than my F350) Fuel mileage at 70 mph has been 8.6 hand caculated for 26,000 miles. I would be pleased if it would be 10 mpg. My wife says it is the most comfortable truck we have had, however it always has the truck camper on it. The little I have driven it unloaded, I found it better than expected."

Should have kept my 99

By on Monday, August 01, 2011

Pros: "??"

Cons: "gas mileage, repairs, warranty"

"Short and sweet, had a 99 F350 and loved it, have an 08 F450 and hate it! Threee radiators, 4 thermostats, 1 transmission, still leaking from radiator, at best 10 mpg if I am careful. Save your money, I have owned a Ford for 12 years and as soon as I get rid of this truck I won't own one again."

go ahead, flush your money

By on Wednesday, July 07, 2010

"Honestly, I love everything about these trucks but the lousy 6.4 litre. What is Ford thinking? I had an '08 F450, it constantly had EGR issues. Oil leaks. Radiator leaks. DPF filter problems. Fuel mileage got continuously worse. I traded it in for a '09 F450 because I bought the sales pitch about how they're sooooo much better now, the bugs are worked out, yada yada yada. I'm an idiot. Now I have all these problems and more. The catalytic converter is clogged so it has no power, but the dealership says everything is fine. Really? Should an F450 pulling a trailer with only 5000lbs only go 45 mph up a small grade? should it only get 4.5mpg WITHOUT a trailer even on it? Oh, it also has a blown o-ring in the radiator. But the dealership can't seem to find the time to get that fixed. Yeah, Ford rocks. The 2011 seems better, but I'm not convinced yet. They'd be better off dropping a John Deere engine under the hood. Spend your 61 grand on a nice boat. You'll enjoy it more, and it'll probably last just as long. P.S. I had to change a few words to get this to post. I have a potty mouth when it comes to F450 talk."

I love it, absolutely love it.

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Pros: "Power, reliability, roomy comfort."

Cons: "Tight suspension when not hauling or towing."

"Picked up a new 2012 F-450 fall of 2011 to tow travel trailer and toy hauler. It is a dream pulling with this beast. We have been from one end of the country to the other and even way up North in Canada. The gas mileage varies from 10 mpg to 17 mpg depending on what I am towing and how "green" my driving is that day. The instant feedback full economy display really helps temper my desire to exercise the engine. The ride is much better when towing but is still tolerable when not towing (just don't have full cans of soda or full cups of coffee in the drink holders if you don't have some weight in back). I would highly recommend the towing package. My kids have lots of room in the back seat and enjoy the after factory ceiling mounted DVD player. My wife rides shotgun and enjoys the roomy front seats and being able to play her iPod through the sound system. I regret not upgrading the electronics package and getting an in the dash GPS - however the Sync turn by turn system does work very well. Lesson learned. Normally I replace my truck every two years or so, right around the 60K mile mark. I might hang on to this one a little longer than usual. We'll see if it remains trouble free."

This is tough

By on Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pros: "Interior very good and it will tow anything!"

Cons: "Price, durability, fuel economy, maintenance"

"This truck will pull anything but the pricetag makes it unaffordable for most, the engine has some features that make it less than reliable. Ford has managed to take it's best engine ever (the venerable 7.3)and make it a pedestrian engine (6.4l) that needs constant maintenance and high dollar repairs. The particulate trap plugs up and has a burn cycle built into it. Many take it out and tune it which is about a $1500 add. 19.5 inch tires are very expensive, fuel economy is as bad as it gets at about 13 - 14 empty and under 10 when towing. Expect engine repairs or replacement before 150k. Why would put a 5.4 in an F-450? The interior is very roomy and can accomodate a family easily enough but for the pricetag you could buy 2 SUVs and use about the same amount of fuel. Then there's the issue of insurance. Try finding an insurance agent that knows how or is willing to write a non-commercial policy for one of these. It's hard to find"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F450 Super Duty Crew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals