• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2010 Ford F450 Super Duty Crew Cab

6.4

Based on 33 Ratings for the 2008 - 2010 models.

6.5/10
    6.8/10
    6.8/10
    6.9/10

Works like a horse but is thirsty

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "Comfort and room"

Cons: "Thirsty"

"The vehicle handles anything I have and that includes a 5th wheel trailer (about 16,000#)and a truck camper (about 4000#). Comfort is very good. Driven to Texas from NE Maryland and never experienced any discomfort. Mechanically, it has been very reliable. Only in the shop for routine maintenance. Originally, I only got about 9.5-10 mpg. I added a 4-inch exhaust, cold air intake, and a tuner to improve milage upto approximately 11 mpg."

So far, a great truck

By on Tuesday, February 04, 2014

"In January 2013, I flew from Alaska to Phoenix to get a 2010 Lariat SD with 22,000 miles and drive it back up to Alaska. While passing through Las Vegas I purchased a 24' enclosed car hauler and while in Washington, purchase an Audi All-Wheel that fit nicely in inside the trailer and about 2,000 lbs of sand bags to put in the 8' bed. The 450 had no problem pulling the load, the handling was like driving a car, the interior was quite comfortable with no mechanical or electrical issues all the way to my home in Eagle River, AK. Since then, I have pulled my 28' Trophy to and from Prince William Sound, Resurrection and Kachemak Bays and have seen as much as 17.2 MPG on one return from PWS with my boat in tow. The Seward Hwy into and south of Turnagain Pass if full of long steep grades and frost heaves. On one weekend fishing trip to PWS, I had 4 other men that rode along (I am 215 lbs and the smallest of all 5) even though it was snug for the 3 in the back seat, they all commented on the roominess as not being overly cramped. The weekend resulted in taking home shrimp, octopus, halibut, cod, rockfish and salmon. I have owned a 1967 F250 Custom 2x with a 10' Cab over camper, 1992 F350 4x with a 9' fisher plow and sand spreader and a 2006 F250 SD 4x4. I have been please with the reliability and performance on all of them."

DO NOT BUY THIS TRUCK!

By on Saturday, December 29, 2012

Pros: "Looks awsome, gets attention, pleanty of power whe"

Cons: "too many to list in 50 characters"

"Worst truck I have ever owned, and I have owned all of fords heavy trucks since 1996. This one id the abs. worst, in shop more than out(NO I am not exaggerating) I have turned it over to my lawyers to go after the dealership and ford trucks. Funny how lemon law does not apply to this truck because it is concidered commercial. I am going Dodge from now on."

I love it, absolutely love it.

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Pros: "Power, reliability, roomy comfort."

Cons: "Tight suspension when not hauling or towing."

"Picked up a new 2012 F-450 fall of 2011 to tow travel trailer and toy hauler. It is a dream pulling with this beast. We have been from one end of the country to the other and even way up North in Canada. The gas mileage varies from 10 mpg to 17 mpg depending on what I am towing and how "green" my driving is that day. The instant feedback full economy display really helps temper my desire to exercise the engine. The ride is much better when towing but is still tolerable when not towing (just don't have full cans of soda or full cups of coffee in the drink holders if you don't have some weight in back). I would highly recommend the towing package. My kids have lots of room in the back seat and enjoy the after factory ceiling mounted DVD player. My wife rides shotgun and enjoys the roomy front seats and being able to play her iPod through the sound system. I regret not upgrading the electronics package and getting an in the dash GPS - however the Sync turn by turn system does work very well. Lesson learned. Normally I replace my truck every two years or so, right around the 60K mile mark. I might hang on to this one a little longer than usual. We'll see if it remains trouble free."

This is tough

By on Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pros: "Interior very good and it will tow anything!"

Cons: "Price, durability, fuel economy, maintenance"

"This truck will pull anything but the pricetag makes it unaffordable for most, the engine has some features that make it less than reliable. Ford has managed to take it's best engine ever (the venerable 7.3)and make it a pedestrian engine (6.4l) that needs constant maintenance and high dollar repairs. The particulate trap plugs up and has a burn cycle built into it. Many take it out and tune it which is about a $1500 add. 19.5 inch tires are very expensive, fuel economy is as bad as it gets at about 13 - 14 empty and under 10 when towing. Expect engine repairs or replacement before 150k. Why would put a 5.4 in an F-450? The interior is very roomy and can accomodate a family easily enough but for the pricetag you could buy 2 SUVs and use about the same amount of fuel. Then there's the issue of insurance. Try finding an insurance agent that knows how or is willing to write a non-commercial policy for one of these. It's hard to find"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F450 Super Duty Crew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals