• Editors' Page: 2014 Pickup Trucks

2009 Ford F450 Super Duty Crew Cab

6.3

Based on 32 Ratings for the 2008 - 2010 models.

6.4/10
    6.8/10
    6.8/10
    6.9/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

So far, a great truck

By on Tuesday, February 04, 2014

"In January 2013, I flew from Alaska to Phoenix to get a 2010 Lariat SD with 22,000 miles and drive it back up to Alaska. While passing through Las Vegas I purchased a 24' enclosed car hauler and while in Washington, purchase an Audi All-Wheel that fit nicely in inside the trailer and about 2,000 lbs of sand bags to put in the 8' bed. The 450 had no problem pulling the load, the handling was like driving a car, the interior was quite comfortable with no mechanical or electrical issues all the way to my home in Eagle River, AK. Since then, I have pulled my 28' Trophy to and from Prince William Sound, Resurrection and Kachemak Bays and have seen as much as 17.2 MPG on one return from PWS with my boat in tow. The Seward Hwy into and south of Turnagain Pass if full of long steep grades and frost heaves. On one weekend fishing trip to PWS, I had 4 other men that rode along (I am 215 lbs and the smallest of all 5) even though it was snug for the 3 in the back seat, they all commented on the roominess as not being overly cramped. The weekend resulted in taking home shrimp, octopus, halibut, cod, rockfish and salmon. I have owned a 1967 F250 Custom 2x with a 10' Cab over camper, 1992 F350 4x with a 9' fisher plow and sand spreader and a 2006 F250 SD 4x4. I have been please with the reliability and performance on all of them."

DO NOT BUY THIS TRUCK!

By on Saturday, December 29, 2012

Pros: "Looks awsome, gets attention, pleanty of power whe"

Cons: "too many to list in 50 characters"

"Worst truck I have ever owned, and I have owned all of fords heavy trucks since 1996. This one id the abs. worst, in shop more than out(NO I am not exaggerating) I have turned it over to my lawyers to go after the dealership and ford trucks. Funny how lemon law does not apply to this truck because it is concidered commercial. I am going Dodge from now on."

I love it, absolutely love it.

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Pros: "Power, reliability, roomy comfort."

Cons: "Tight suspension when not hauling or towing."

"Picked up a new 2012 F-450 fall of 2011 to tow travel trailer and toy hauler. It is a dream pulling with this beast. We have been from one end of the country to the other and even way up North in Canada. The gas mileage varies from 10 mpg to 17 mpg depending on what I am towing and how "green" my driving is that day. The instant feedback full economy display really helps temper my desire to exercise the engine. The ride is much better when towing but is still tolerable when not towing (just don't have full cans of soda or full cups of coffee in the drink holders if you don't have some weight in back). I would highly recommend the towing package. My kids have lots of room in the back seat and enjoy the after factory ceiling mounted DVD player. My wife rides shotgun and enjoys the roomy front seats and being able to play her iPod through the sound system. I regret not upgrading the electronics package and getting an in the dash GPS - however the Sync turn by turn system does work very well. Lesson learned. Normally I replace my truck every two years or so, right around the 60K mile mark. I might hang on to this one a little longer than usual. We'll see if it remains trouble free."

This is tough

By on Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pros: "Interior very good and it will tow anything!"

Cons: "Price, durability, fuel economy, maintenance"

"This truck will pull anything but the pricetag makes it unaffordable for most, the engine has some features that make it less than reliable. Ford has managed to take it's best engine ever (the venerable 7.3)and make it a pedestrian engine (6.4l) that needs constant maintenance and high dollar repairs. The particulate trap plugs up and has a burn cycle built into it. Many take it out and tune it which is about a $1500 add. 19.5 inch tires are very expensive, fuel economy is as bad as it gets at about 13 - 14 empty and under 10 when towing. Expect engine repairs or replacement before 150k. Why would put a 5.4 in an F-450? The interior is very roomy and can accomodate a family easily enough but for the pricetag you could buy 2 SUVs and use about the same amount of fuel. Then there's the issue of insurance. Try finding an insurance agent that knows how or is willing to write a non-commercial policy for one of these. It's hard to find"

Bad Bad Bad truck cannot be said loud enough

By on Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Pros: "Absolutely NONE"

Cons: "Broke down every 2 months minimum"

"I bought the 2011 F450 new. It is used as a commercial truck and now has close to 200k miles. Engine has been replaced twice. Turbo has been replaced 5 times. I also have same year 1 tons of other brands that have had zero issues doing the same commercial job."

Love this big obnoxious truck!

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "Power"

Cons: "Fuel Mileage"

"Big Obnoxoius"

"Pulls anything you want to pull! I pull a 40' fifth wheel RV with no problems. The emmissions system is terrible resulting in terrible fuel mileage. Depending on where you live, if you can, remove it, get a programmer, exhaust, and air intake and you should be quite happy with the Ford 6.4. If not, you probably won't! I love this thing! I call it "Big Obnoxious" because that's what it is. Comfortable on long rides, tons of power (with the add ons), and it looks great while doing it!"

"Big Obnoxoius"

Great truck, awesome power!

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "great power, luxury inside!"

Cons: "Fuel mileage"

"We have this truck as a work/farm truck. It has awesome power, great turn radius, luxury inside, but sure takes the fuel. We have the 5 speed automatic. When cruising on the interstate, it could use another gear. 2011 and up do have 6 speed automatics."

Tows ANYTHING!!

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pros: "Great tow vehicle, solid strong truck, rides well"

Cons: "diesel mpg not great due to smog stuff"

"Best tow vehicle ever - pulls a 20,000lb toyhauler easily"

great truck

By on Sunday, December 18, 2011

"This is definitely a mission built vehicle. I pull a 5th wheel that weighs in at 17,000 lbs and this is an ideal vehicle for the task. The cabin is very comfortable and well designed. The truck has plenty of power and has been very reliable. If you're looking for something that rides like a luxury car, this is not for you. If you're looking for something that gets 25 mpg,again, this is not for you. If you're looking for a powerful, dependable tow/haul vehicle, this is your truck."

love it

By on Thursday, November 24, 2011

Pros: "One bad Truck"

"Don't get to use it enough"

Not a reliable truck

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "Good looking truck"

Cons: "Not reliable"

"This truck spent more time in the shop then it did on the road. it would always break down at the most inconvenient time."

A brute, but thirsty

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pros: "Pulling/Hauling capabilities. Turing radius"

Cons: "Thirsty without modifications."

"I have had my F450 dually for two years. Does everything I ask of it except pass a fuel stop. I didn't get it for its economy. I have a 14000# fifth-wheel trailer and a 4000# truck camper. It movers either of these with ease. I would say though that a larger exhaust system, cold air intake, and a programmer have made this truck a little more economical. These upgrades paid for themselves in less than a year. The biggest suprize that I had was the handling. Rides nice and turns in a significantly shorter radius than my previous F350 dually."

08'-10' F450 BIG DOG DADDY

By on Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pros: "Everyone acknowledges this truck, even 2011 F450's!"

Cons: "Ride is a little harsh with only a bag of groceries in back, mpg less than an F150"

"My gosh I don't get the complaints about ride and fuel economy! This truck was made to do one thing...handle extreme payloads like no other non cab"

Should have kept my 99

By on Monday, August 01, 2011

Pros: "??"

Cons: "gas mileage, repairs, warranty"

"Short and sweet, had a 99 F350 and loved it, have an 08 F450 and hate it! Threee radiators, 4 thermostats, 1 transmission, still leaking from radiator, at best 10 mpg if I am careful. Save your money, I have owned a Ford for 12 years and as soon as I get rid of this truck I won't own one again."

worst truck ever

By on Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"no power and even less fuel econ"

Will tow anything in comfort

By on Sunday, April 10, 2011

"Towed 16,000 lb fifth wheel through the mountains and desert, never blinked, but alos never missed a fuel stop. 'A real workhorse."

2011 f450 is awesome

By on Thursday, February 17, 2011

"I have the new 6.7 engine i get 14around town and 17 hwy. Havn't towed anything super heavy yet. Mine iskingranch loaded with ac in seats sun roof microsoft sync system, I driveit when i dont need to because it is so comfortable. Much better ride than my 08 f450 i traded for this one. Turn signals weird wontstayon when you want them to and stay on after lane change and come on when u dim the lights"

By on Saturday, February 05, 2011

Comfortable but Drinks Fuel!

By on Thursday, January 20, 2011

"First Ford I've ever owned, far superior interior and ride to Chevy, but the 6.4 was a BIG mistake. Three DPF's in the first 15,000 miles, cab removed for exhaust leak, #5 injector replaced five times before they figured out the harness was bad, rear differential replaced at 600 miles. Bugs are gone now, but only gets 7mpg towing and 10 empty. Had to add a 90 gallon auxillary tank to go more than 200 miles between fill ups towing."

By on Wednesday, December 01, 2010

DONT BUY THIS TRUCK!

By on Wednesday, October 13, 2010

"BEAUTIFUL TRUCK BUT NEVER HAD A WORSE TRUCK IN MY LIFE! ENGINE HAS BEEN REPLACED TWICE, IT CANT TOW, OVERHEATS, ETC. ETC."

By on Tuesday, September 07, 2010

"great truck most relieable and longest lasting.dont buy a silvardo hd buy a ford superduty."

By on Sunday, August 22, 2010

By on Friday, August 20, 2010

"to many mechanic problem,spend fuel like a semitruck"

Toy Hauler

By on Saturday, August 14, 2010

"Over all truck is great..when you buy a 450 you know your not getting any fuel mileage..when I bought mine the dealer told me straight up..7mpg hauling and 10 open and he was right..its made to haul not to cruise in. It's everything I knew I was getting!!"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F450 Super Duty Crew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals