• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2008 Ford F450 Super Duty Crew Cab

6.5

Based on 34 Ratings for the 2008 - 2010 models.

6.6/10
    6.9/10
    6.9/10
    7.0/10

08'-10' F450 BIG DOG DADDY

By on Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pros: "Everyone acknowledges this truck, even 2011 F450's!"

Cons: "Ride is a little harsh with only a bag of groceries in back, mpg less than an F150"

"My gosh I don't get the complaints about ride and fuel economy! This truck was made to do one thing...handle extreme payloads like no other non cab"

I love it, absolutely love it.

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Pros: "Power, reliability, roomy comfort."

Cons: "Tight suspension when not hauling or towing."

"Picked up a new 2012 F-450 fall of 2011 to tow travel trailer and toy hauler. It is a dream pulling with this beast. We have been from one end of the country to the other and even way up North in Canada. The gas mileage varies from 10 mpg to 17 mpg depending on what I am towing and how "green" my driving is that day. The instant feedback full economy display really helps temper my desire to exercise the engine. The ride is much better when towing but is still tolerable when not towing (just don't have full cans of soda or full cups of coffee in the drink holders if you don't have some weight in back). I would highly recommend the towing package. My kids have lots of room in the back seat and enjoy the after factory ceiling mounted DVD player. My wife rides shotgun and enjoys the roomy front seats and being able to play her iPod through the sound system. I regret not upgrading the electronics package and getting an in the dash GPS - however the Sync turn by turn system does work very well. Lesson learned. Normally I replace my truck every two years or so, right around the 60K mile mark. I might hang on to this one a little longer than usual. We'll see if it remains trouble free."

Will tow anything in comfort

By on Sunday, April 10, 2011

"Towed 16,000 lb fifth wheel through the mountains and desert, never blinked, but alos never missed a fuel stop. 'A real workhorse."

Toy Hauler

By on Saturday, August 14, 2010

"Over all truck is great..when you buy a 450 you know your not getting any fuel mileage..when I bought mine the dealer told me straight up..7mpg hauling and 10 open and he was right..its made to haul not to cruise in. It's everything I knew I was getting!!"

Bad Bad Bad truck cannot be said loud enough

By on Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Pros: "Absolutely NONE"

Cons: "Broke down every 2 months minimum"

"I bought the 2011 F450 new. It is used as a commercial truck and now has close to 200k miles. Engine has been replaced twice. Turbo has been replaced 5 times. I also have same year 1 tons of other brands that have had zero issues doing the same commercial job."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F450 Super Duty Crew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals