• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2008 Ford F450 Super Duty Crew Cab

6.5

Based on 34 Ratings for the 2008 - 2010 models.

6.6/10
    6.9/10
    6.9/10
    7.0/10

Comfortable but Drinks Fuel!

By on Thursday, January 20, 2011

"First Ford I've ever owned, far superior interior and ride to Chevy, but the 6.4 was a BIG mistake. Three DPF's in the first 15,000 miles, cab removed for exhaust leak, #5 injector replaced five times before they figured out the harness was bad, rear differential replaced at 600 miles. Bugs are gone now, but only gets 7mpg towing and 10 empty. Had to add a 90 gallon auxillary tank to go more than 200 miles between fill ups towing."

great truck

By on Sunday, December 18, 2011

"This is definitely a mission built vehicle. I pull a 5th wheel that weighs in at 17,000 lbs and this is an ideal vehicle for the task. The cabin is very comfortable and well designed. The truck has plenty of power and has been very reliable. If you're looking for something that rides like a luxury car, this is not for you. If you're looking for something that gets 25 mpg,again, this is not for you. If you're looking for a powerful, dependable tow/haul vehicle, this is your truck."

Great truck, awesome power!

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "great power, luxury inside!"

Cons: "Fuel mileage"

"We have this truck as a work/farm truck. It has awesome power, great turn radius, luxury inside, but sure takes the fuel. We have the 5 speed automatic. When cruising on the interstate, it could use another gear. 2011 and up do have 6 speed automatics."

2011 f450 is awesome

By on Thursday, February 17, 2011

"I have the new 6.7 engine i get 14around town and 17 hwy. Havn't towed anything super heavy yet. Mine iskingranch loaded with ac in seats sun roof microsoft sync system, I driveit when i dont need to because it is so comfortable. Much better ride than my 08 f450 i traded for this one. Turn signals weird wontstayon when you want them to and stay on after lane change and come on when u dim the lights"

A brute, but thirsty

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pros: "Pulling/Hauling capabilities. Turing radius"

Cons: "Thirsty without modifications."

"I have had my F450 dually for two years. Does everything I ask of it except pass a fuel stop. I didn't get it for its economy. I have a 14000# fifth-wheel trailer and a 4000# truck camper. It movers either of these with ease. I would say though that a larger exhaust system, cold air intake, and a programmer have made this truck a little more economical. These upgrades paid for themselves in less than a year. The biggest suprize that I had was the handling. Rides nice and turns in a significantly shorter radius than my previous F350 dually."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F450 Super Duty Crew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals