2008 Ford F350 Super Duty Super Cab

8.2

Based on 185 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

Great Truck

By on Thursday, August 28, 2008

"I have had my 2008 F-350 King Ranch LB with A.R.E cab high shell for 16 mo. I have 15200 miles on it. Would have had more but got hurt and could not drive for 7 mo. The truck has had no problems at all . Fuel miles has been about 13 to 14 in city and 16 to 18 highway with out tow. I use cruise control at 58 to 60 mph. This is after break in on the diesel 6.4. The gas meter on the truck says on highway 20 to 22 but that wrong. I knew the truck uses more fuel so why gripe about my miles. I think for a truck of this size it does well. I see others complain about miles mpg then why did you buy a big truck in the first place. Every where I go people love the truck. I'm 60 years old and had a few trucks and cars in my life, and I can say this Ford truck is the best truck I have ever had. Ride great for a big truck, something I have to look for a place to park it because of the size but I don't care it worth it. This is a no bull report, because I love the truth about my auto good or bad. I use Amsoil CJ-4 5w40 syn. This will be my last truck till I go home to be with the Lord !!"

As good as it gets in towing ability

By on Saturday, November 03, 2007

"I have owned several Ford trucks, and they have all been solid workhorses. My new F350 DRW with the optional 6.4 diesel appears to be of the same cut of cloth. So far, it has met every work task with ease. It rides like a half-ton SUV, pulls like a locomotive and has the looks to turn heads. Some new owners complain about fuel consumption. Granted, it would be great to have all this ability, plus 25 MPG, but that's not what these trucks are designed for. They are built to pull heavy loads, and you have to pay a price for that. Would you expect a draft horse to consume the same amount of feed as a burro? If you need a truck for heavy towing, I suggest you strongly consider the F350. The new diesel is exceptionally quiet, with no smoke and no odor. It's a great looking truck that rides and drives extremely well. The King Ranch and Navigation system options were well worth the price. The tow command and tow boss options make towing big loads a snap. The only suggestion I could make to Ford would be to get together with with a major gooseneck and fifth wheel hitch manufacturer, and offer these as factory installed options."

Great pulling powerful truck

By on Thursday, January 09, 2014

Pros: "Big capable truck - will pull anything!"

Cons: "Big truck, park in back, avoid parking garages"

"I bought this truck to tow a backhoe and handle cargo. I got a gooseneck trailer hitch installed and have pulled 10,000 pound loads routinely with no problems. It rides comfortably with a load on board, the seats are great, comfortable with easy to clean leather. Bad weather is not an issue so long as the ground will support the heavy truck. You are above most traffic and so have great visibility even in road mist. Hauling tools and pulling the trailer with the backhoe cross-country I got 15 miles/gallon moving tons of cargo."

Would not buy this truck again

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Reason: Ford would not fix under warranty

Pros: "Looks, lots of room inside."

Cons: "Not reliable, bad fuel millage (10.2) per avg."

"Two happiest days of this truck, day bought, day sold. Ford dealer would not fix problems. Would say no code no problem. Truck smokes bad, smoke gets into cab. 70k miles, replaced rad, egr, water sensor in fuel filter three times. Turbos scream when cold, again no code no problem. Ford says drive till its broken then we will know the problem. Would always go on limp mode again no code no problem. Could not stand to drive it."

2008 F350 Crewcab SRW 60K Miles

By on Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Pros: "pulls well, nice ride"

Cons: "major mechanical problems, fuel mileage"

"Only have about 61000 miles. In the last 9 months the radiator has been replaced. Cracked Torque Converter, Rear engine seal leak, front transfer case leaking. It pulls my goose neck down the road, but compared to past Fords this is a not a good ford truck. The radiator was not covered under warranty at 43K. The Torque converter just under 60K. Thank god a younger brother talked me into a extended warranty after the radiator. My problems aren't unique, friends have dad similar problems radiator and engine oil leaks"

Work Horse

By on Sunday, November 09, 2008

"Had the truck 17 mos. 40,000 miles. Fuel economy getting steadily better, best highway empty 17, heavy trailer 12-14K 10-12 MPG. Love the ride, great towing truck. Little things like seat memory, wife is only 5' set up #2 for her it adjusts everything to suit her, I get in and right back to where I like it. Sharp looking truck, good puller, also use it with a slide in camper, added air bags and super hitch to still pull 28' enclosed trailer, camper 4K trailer 12K. Laughs at hills, set the cruise and up you go. I did notice a little surface rust on my front bumper, and some suspicious spots on the tubular running board from factory."

Great for its Niche

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"Great truck with a lot of options not offered by the other Heavy Duty platforms. Rearview camera system is a dream. The tailgate step is such a simple but vital invention, it's amazing no one came up with it before. The attachable bed extender is designed very well, the wife loves it. Very quiet compared to past models. The interior is easily the best in its class. Very comfortable (for a truck). The Diesel Engine is the worst in its class. Specs have it rated the same as the Dodge, however, this beast weighs more (much more) and reaches max torque at a higher RPM level. You won't notice the difference unless you're hauling a jumbo jet or trying to run the quarter mile. Gas mieleage is on par with an M-1 Abrams. Granted, this is a truck, but the Cummings and the Duramax put out the same or better numbers, and do so with better mileage. Tweak the engine a little and this bad boy would, hands down, blow away the competition. The 5-Speed transmission works real well, but I think it would benefit greatly with an extra gear like the 6-Speed Allison. Overall, still an awesome machine."

Solid work truck with comfort

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "Excellent pulling/hauling heavy loads. Decent mpg"

Cons: "Not a commuter truck, poor fuel mileage."

"This truck is solid. Many rate the 6.4 turbo diesel low on fuel milage but if you are using it to tow big/heavy loads, it's as good as any when pulling big loads. I pull a 33 foot RV and get about 10 MPG at about 65 miles per hour interstate travel. Max loads such as with my gooseneck horse/livestock trailer, gets about 9 mpg. This truck is NOT for commuting! The 6.4. at 2000 rpms is around 63 miles per hour which will yield about 14 to 15 miles per gallon not pulling/hauling anything. Take it up to 75 mph when running empty you'll get about 11 mpg. This is a work truck meant for pulling heavy loads. Use it for that, and you'll be happy. Make sure the radiator has been replaced (an early flaw with this motor) and the computer is up to date (use to regenerate too often using too much diesel). this model uses diesel to clean the filter, not the detergent in later models."

truck/ engine ruined by poor engine programing

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

"The engine/chassis combination is fabulous but is totally ruined by the program updates from Dearborn. After initial breakin I was getting 16 in town 21 highway.After each dealer service my mileage decreased until it is now 9/13. The power initially was amazing; I could pull a house. Now I can hardly climb hills. Last dealer visit, a factory rep said get a new 6.7L the factory had no plans to fix the problems with the program downloads for the 6.4L. Sounds like the 6L fiasco all over. So I'm selling and looking elsewhere. Love the truck! Hate what the factory did to it and me!"

A Disappointment

By on Sunday, August 17, 2008

"I replaced a 2004 F-350 (6.0 liter diesel) with this one after blowing the transmission at 104K. I have been towed off the side of the highway 3 times in the last 6 months. I have had the radiator side blow off dumping the entire coolant load, had the exhaust filter plug and have to be replaced (several thousand $$ if not under warranty), and to top it off, the best mileage I have achieved is 13.5 mpg (versus over 20 mpg on my 2004). Ford's response is that "We don't provide mileage estimates on Diesels"..... I have 20,000 miles put on it in 14 months, and the fuel mileage isn't improving any. Constant little things breaking (such as the tow/haul button sticking, the transmission refusing to move out of 4 low, the "fake" chrome on the grill peeling off etc...) This is my 5th Ford truck, 2nd Super Duty, and my last. If I wasn't so upside down in it, I would have dumped it already - get ready for a $20,000 to $25,000 loss when you drive one off the lot. The only positive things I have to say about the truck is that it has more power than anything I have ever driven (when it is running). That and my dealer has been quick about getting me back on the road after it dies...."

Love this truck

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pros: "lot of power, comfortable, great looking"

"Iv'e had this truck for a year now. Great truck, no problems. I have the 6.7 diesel, ton of power when needed yet economical (18 mpg)city. I drive this truck on short drives and long distances, very comfortable."

awesome

By on Thursday, October 16, 2008

"I have been a chevy owner(unfortunately) for the past ten years. Chevy cannot stand up to this beast. All of my friends have chevy's and i've had about five calls just today to come pull them out of the mud on their fields. It is exellent in every way, I usually get about 18 mpg driving around town, and on the highway the best i've ever had was about 26 mpg."

Love My For F350 Lariat

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2008

"This is my first diesel truck so have no comparison to others. Love the styling both in and out over GM and Dodge. Little things like electric folding mirrors and bed step are great. Very quiet and comfortable on trips, both front and back seats. Mileage after 12K miles is about 15.5 combined city/hwy. Definately would reccommend to anyone."

Found on Road Dead

By on Friday, May 06, 2011

"After being a die hard Ford guy the road has come to an end. I have a F350 SD and F550 SD (same 6.4 engine) Both with major problems. One has had fuel injectors 3 times and the engine rebuilt (4 weeks) Both have had new radiators. One had a fuel tank that rusted in 2 years that was not covered under warranty. Overall the 6.4 engine has given me lots of problems. It has LOTS of power when it runs. Truck body is no where close to "TOUGH" the fact that Ford pushes this is sad. The body is very very thin metal. The bed dented the first month do putting in an item that weight 800 pounds in it. The front of the bed rail by the cab is very weak from loading the truck it bend by being pushed on. This truck is probably good for someone tooling a trailer around that does not really use a truck to haul stuff on a day to day basis."

2012 power stroke ford best truck ever built

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pros: "love the enterior love the engine"

Cons: "ford should have done this truck ten years ago"

"had a dodge did not like it i did like the cummins engine"

Can't go wrong with Ford trucks

By on Saturday, April 21, 2012

Pros: "almost, if not, everything about it."

Cons: "absolutely nothing."

"I've had a 2001 Ford F-150 for about 11 years with over 170,000 miles on it and had no plans on selling it or trading it until I test drove a new 2012 Ford F-350 Lariat Crew Cab fully loaded. It was beautiful and drove amazing for a big truck. Turning radious was tight as a drum, and interior was huge in both front a back seats and extemely comfortable. I traded my F-150 in for this truck. I have the 6.7 liter deisel V8 which is amazingly powerful and fuel effecient for a big engine like this. The deisel is very quiet and sounds muscular. Great truck period. Ford definitely has a good thing going for them."

Best truck I have owned

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "Great truck for long trips pulling a 5th wheel"

Cons: "Fuel mileage"

"This truck towes really well and rides nice for a 1 ton. I love the interior and the leather seats are very comfy. There great for those long hauls. The only down side to this truck is all the emissions equipment. This has killed the MPG and you can feel it suck the power out of the truck when it regen's."

Great Vehicle

By on Thursday, January 05, 2012

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Fuel Cost"

"Best truck! Lot's of power from the start. Have hauled a pallet and a half of cinder block in bed. No problems!"

So far so good.

By on Friday, December 09, 2011

Pros: "Great price under 40K"

Cons: "None so far"

"Love the truck. Power, comfort, style. 2011 F-350 XL diesel.18 MPG overall. Can't wait to tow."

Love this truck!

By on Friday, December 09, 2011

Pros: "Great ride, great power, and GREAT mpg!"

Cons: "I have yet to have a con."

"I previously owned the 2010 F-250 with the 6.4 powerstroke. The truck rode beautifully, but I averaged 8 mpg. I traded it in for the 2011 F-350, and have been very pleased. Right away I was getting 16/17 in town and 19 on the highway. I pulled my 30 foot gooseneck with a tractor, and I stil averaged about 17/18 on the highway. The truck rides like a passenger sedan, very smooth and quiet. This is the 11th powerstroke I have owned over the years, and other than the mid 90's model 7.3, I think this is the best Powerstroke yet!"

Great work truck. I own 2.

By on Friday, October 07, 2011

Pros: "Very good work truck, great pulling power."

Cons: "Diesel repair costly and frequent."

"Truck has had to much repair time for being a super duty. Diesel motor costs a lot to repair and maintain. I hope the new diesel by ford is a better motor."

By on Wednesday, February 18, 2009

F350 4WD Duelly

By on Sunday, December 21, 2008

"I have owned 6 ford diesels all F350 single and duelly's. Just got a 2008 and traded in a 2007 6.0 for new 6.4. Pulling a bumper pull heavy 16 foot trailer I got 9.5 on 07 and I'm getting 9 on 08. I never liked the 07 was in the shop several times for trouble starting. 08 Seems much smoother, great mirrors, worse gas mileage. Un hooked both got get about 13 (4WDs). Biggest complaint was on 07 I paid $40K and got 23.5 trade in. It had 43,500 and not a scratch. Good thing I pick up discounted 08 or would have had to flign my self off the bridge. Good Luck..."

2008 better than 2006

By on Sunday, December 07, 2008

"This 2008 can pull my 37' 5th wheel easily. It has plenty of power. My 06' was a dog compared to the 2008. I'm very impressed with this truck."

ghould have kept 2005 350

By on Saturday, November 01, 2008

"day1 purchase great day 2 on tow truck would not run over 5 miles in hour it was down hill from there 4 radiators 2 a/c components replace main seal at front and rear of the engine tranny leak fluids and steering gear box replaced engine leaking oil now should have kept my 2005 350 biggest mistake i paid for in full"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F350 Super Duty Super Cab near Honolulu. See local deals