• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2005 Ford F350 Super Duty Super Cab

8.2

Based on 329 Ratings for the 2005 - 2007 models.

buyer beware

By on Saturday, November 27, 2010

"The only problem is the 6.0l diesel. The cooling system is a poor design at best. I did not find this out until I purchased the truck. The oil cooler passages are too small and plug very easily. The oil then gets too hot and cracks the EGR and you get turbo failure. Every single 6.0 will have this problem. The ONLY fix is a coolant filter, a aftermarket EGR, and a aftermarket oil cooler. If you thinking of buying one with a 6.0L, take it to your mechanic and have the oil temp checked. It should be within 10 to 15deg of the water temp. Also use only Motorcraft oil filters. They are a way better filter. I am writing this because I got screwed buying my truck from a dealer, they know the problems"

Know what you've got

By on Sunday, August 31, 2008

"I've owned 2 of these trucks, the first was an '05 and the second is an '06. I had the first truck for nearly a year and several problems with the engine, I blame that on the fact that it was an early '05 model truck and hadn't had all the bug worked out of it yet. I put 105,000 miles on that one and traded it for an '06. I've had this one for nearly 3 years now with nearly 200,000 rough miles, and haven't had it in the shop for anything other than oil changes. The main thing is to keep up with the maintainence and know how to use these trucks the way they are intended."

6.0 Diesel not reliable

By on Saturday, July 07, 2007

"I like the way my truck looks and handles loads (suspension wise anyways). I like the interior aswell. I believe that the 6 liter diesel does not accomodate the size of my vehicle or the payload possibilities. Turbos do not make up for cubic inches. I buy 350's to work and tow and so far I have had trouble with all three of my diesel trucks. My troubles range from blown headgaskets to turbo trouble and guess what when you have to put your heavyduty truck into the shop for weeks at a time they want to loan you a F150 or a car."

trouble free and heavy duty

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

"drive and pull trailers all the time. have replace one rear caliper in all those miles nothing else but tires and the rear brakes every 70000, never has needed the fronts. It's lifted and programmed wouldn't trade it for another. My truck is loaded and have no troubles or even replaced a bulb. It did need batteries but it I've had it since 05 maintenance is the key"

After 100000 miles...

By on Saturday, July 19, 2008

"Up to 100,000 miles great. After that, not so good. Between 105,000 and 145,000, I have put $6,000 into major mecanical repairs, injector control pump, colloing system, and AC system. This truck is no longer reliable enough for me."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F350 Super Duty Super Cab near Honolulu. See local deals