1999 Ford F350 Super Duty Super Cab

Based on 615 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

'01 super duty crewcab shortbox srw 7.3-good truck

By on Monday, January 14, 2008

"Had a few issues-I've had were ball-joints at about 130,000 and the steering stabilizer shock disintigrated at about 150,000. The plastic fan cracked somewhere around 140,000 and caused the water pump to go. Changed it myself-not the easiest truck to work on, but all in all it's been good. Starts without being plugged in down to about 0 degrees...anything lower than that you better have some form of heater. Great ride-headlights could be a little better. I've put a grill guard and two sets of aftermarket driving/fog light on to compensate for a bit of a grey spot in the high beams...they throw light out a long ways but don't light up the road directly in front of you as much as I'd like. I've hit 5 deer with mine, and extent of the damage has been that I've had to replace the plastic bumper cover on the front, and re-attach the fog lights. Pulls a 10,000 lb skid steer and 5,000lbs worth of attachments on a trailer respectably. It's GREAT in snow. It's heavy enough to hold the road nice, but it's a little squirrelly on black ice, but not the worst I've driven. The sulfur in the exhaust has done bad things to the paint(discolored/made it fall off) where the factory exhaust pipe exits- I put a slightly longer tip on it and seems to have ended the abuse. Very comfortable and predictable handling. Easy to perform maintenance on(oil/grease/fluids). The only other issue is that the rear doors on the crew cab really like to freeze shut in the winter if you don't use them for a day or two and you leave it outside-not sure what that's about. The last issue I have is that it's near impossible to reach something out of the box from the ground unless it's right on the outside edge. I'm 6'4 and can't reach in much past the wheelwell. One other recommended upgrade is to install a 2" front levelling kit- A simple 'add-a-leaf' is what I went with and it makes a world of difference on the handling in the corners and curvy roads and stiffens the front end a little so it doesn't seem to want to wander as bad. It was less than $100 and not too hard to install. I've put on nearly 90,000 on this truck, and the maintenance issues I mentioned earlier were an expected thing since this truck is used as a truck. Bottom line- if I had the decision to buy this truck over again, I would."

I LOVE THIS TRUCK!!!

By on Sunday, December 01, 2013

Pros: "Just about everything about this truck rocks."

Cons: "I wish the dually had taller gears (mpg)"

"I didn't need a dually, but this thing presented itself, and it was too good a deal. (I was looking for a crew cab 7.3L long bed.) It had 200,500 miles on it when I bought it. I change the oil at 5000 miles and just about can't get it to use a quart of oil in between. Most will tell you if you want a Ford diesel, the 7.3 is THE DIESEL to get, and I agree. Strong, dependable, and even with 4.10 gears, it gets 18 mpg consistently. I bought the crew cab because I've got three teenagers, and they have plenty of room on a five hour run to the cabin. It's got a REAL back seat. I point this truck up a mountain, and it just wants more. I would look for the XLT. The XLs are often commercial fleet trucks and not treated well. The Lariats are nice, but if that leather hasn't been very well maintained, well, you get the idea. The very first thing to always check is the air filter box clips. if they look loose of broken, walk away. The truck has likely ingested dust for about a $10,000 repair bill. an aftermarket air intake is a must. Don't fear a couple hundred thousand miles, these trucks can take it if they've seen reasonable care. At current values, these are awesome. Powerful, capable, dependable, good looking, and very comfortable. Ford knocked this one out of the park! A shame it wasn't produced longer."

Excellent 6.0L

By on Sunday, February 17, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, fun to drive, beautiful truck"

Cons: "others are scared of the 6.0L (great engine)"

"Purchase this vehicle new. This truck has never let us down. Wish the 6.0 didnt have a bad rap because this has been the best truck for our family. Everyone (family & friends) enjoys the truck for comfort, looks, reliability. Down fall the KBB value has it valued at about $4k more than what i am unable to sell for."

Good truck

By on Sunday, October 28, 2007

"2002 F350, 7.3L Diesel, Automatic, 4x4 off road, 3.73 ratio axle, single wheel, extended cab. Purchased used with 80,000 miles, cam sensor and injection driver module went out at 95,000 but the Ford warranty coverd the repairs. Otherwise I have had no problems with it. I do all the maintenance myself (oil change, lube, transmission/transfer case service, filters, etc.). The truck has pulled anything I hook it up to, hauls it all, goes anywhere I need to go, has never left me stranded even in the coldest weather(I seldom plug it in and i never park it inside and it can get a little cold here in northern Missouri). I get 18mpg empty and with most loads, it drops to 16 with a 24' goosneck loaded with hay. I drive it like it was meant to be driven, the truck is meant to work, not race(although it will get up and go) I trust this ruck to get me around. It now has 170,000 on it and still running strong, I expect at least 350,000 from my truck."

GREAT TRUCK best I ever owned 18mpg

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

"Best truck I ever owned. 7.3 diesel pulls LQ horse trailer and hay trailer. Wished mine was a dually, but they are hard to park and will not fit in some drive thrus. If you take care of this truck it will take care of you. People try to buy these in good shape do to the reliability of the 7.3. In 14 years I have did tires, ball joints and water pumps and hoses. Original ball joints were not grease-able."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F350 Super Duty Super Cab near Honolulu. See local deals