• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

1999 Ford F350 Super Duty Super Cab

Based on 613 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

'01 super duty crewcab shortbox srw 7.3-good truck

By on Monday, January 14, 2008

"Had a few issues-I've had were ball-joints at about 130,000 and the steering stabilizer shock disintigrated at about 150,000. The plastic fan cracked somewhere around 140,000 and caused the water pump to go. Changed it myself-not the easiest truck to work on, but all in all it's been good. Starts without being plugged in down to about 0 degrees...anything lower than that you better have some form of heater. Great ride-headlights could be a little better. I've put a grill guard and two sets of aftermarket driving/fog light on to compensate for a bit of a grey spot in the high beams...they throw light out a long ways but don't light up the road directly in front of you as much as I'd like. I've hit 5 deer with mine, and extent of the damage has been that I've had to replace the plastic bumper cover on the front, and re-attach the fog lights. Pulls a 10,000 lb skid steer and 5,000lbs worth of attachments on a trailer respectably. It's GREAT in snow. It's heavy enough to hold the road nice, but it's a little squirrelly on black ice, but not the worst I've driven. The sulfur in the exhaust has done bad things to the paint(discolored/made it fall off) where the factory exhaust pipe exits- I put a slightly longer tip on it and seems to have ended the abuse. Very comfortable and predictable handling. Easy to perform maintenance on(oil/grease/fluids). The only other issue is that the rear doors on the crew cab really like to freeze shut in the winter if you don't use them for a day or two and you leave it outside-not sure what that's about. The last issue I have is that it's near impossible to reach something out of the box from the ground unless it's right on the outside edge. I'm 6'4 and can't reach in much past the wheelwell. One other recommended upgrade is to install a 2" front levelling kit- A simple 'add-a-leaf' is what I went with and it makes a world of difference on the handling in the corners and curvy roads and stiffens the front end a little so it doesn't seem to want to wander as bad. It was less than $100 and not too hard to install. I've put on nearly 90,000 on this truck, and the maintenance issues I mentioned earlier were an expected thing since this truck is used as a truck. Bottom line- if I had the decision to buy this truck over again, I would."

Excellent 6.0L

By on Sunday, February 17, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, fun to drive, beautiful truck"

Cons: "others are scared of the 6.0L (great engine)"

"Purchase this vehicle new. This truck has never let us down. Wish the 6.0 didnt have a bad rap because this has been the best truck for our family. Everyone (family & friends) enjoys the truck for comfort, looks, reliability. Down fall the KBB value has it valued at about $4k more than what i am unable to sell for."

Most Longest Lasting Truck EVER!!!

By on Sunday, September 14, 2008

"I own a 2003 F-350 with the 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel and we have a pressure lock on the transmission and the engine SUPERCHIPED and it is the best truck ever. It's quiet and has more power than it could ever want. 20MPG towing or not. If you buy a Ford SuperDuty I Strongly Suggest that you put a Pressure Lock on the Torqshift auto transmission beacuse Ford designs them to slip a little for comfort and it eventually ruends the trans. because I had to rebuild my 2000 with the same set up. The lock eliminates the slipping and Gits-R-Done. Thats all I have to say. Other than that it a GREAT TRUCK."

Good truck

By on Sunday, October 28, 2007

"2002 F350, 7.3L Diesel, Automatic, 4x4 off road, 3.73 ratio axle, single wheel, extended cab. Purchased used with 80,000 miles, cam sensor and injection driver module went out at 95,000 but the Ford warranty coverd the repairs. Otherwise I have had no problems with it. I do all the maintenance myself (oil change, lube, transmission/transfer case service, filters, etc.). The truck has pulled anything I hook it up to, hauls it all, goes anywhere I need to go, has never left me stranded even in the coldest weather(I seldom plug it in and i never park it inside and it can get a little cold here in northern Missouri). I get 18mpg empty and with most loads, it drops to 16 with a 24' goosneck loaded with hay. I drive it like it was meant to be driven, the truck is meant to work, not race(although it will get up and go) I trust this ruck to get me around. It now has 170,000 on it and still running strong, I expect at least 350,000 from my truck."

Strong and dependable

By on Saturday, September 22, 2007

"I own two superdutys,99 F-350 diesel and a 01 F-250 V-10, both are strong pulling hardworking rigs, the V-10 has 201,000 miles on it with only normal maintenance, wheel bearing and such. the diesel has 128000 on it and has had the cam sensor replaced at 125000, the diesel has been chipped and out performs my boss chipped 6.0L in both towing and flat out racing hahaha! I use them both for work and play with no complaints. I recommend 7.3Ls to everyone looking for a diesel with out paying new truck pricing."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F350 Super Duty Super Cab near Honolulu. See local deals