2012 Ford F350 Super Duty Regular Cab

8.2

Based on 187 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

Everything I expected

By on Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Pros: "Comfort plus - while at work"

"Truly very impressive. I work this truck hard pulling horses and heavy equipment. Never let me down and did the job every time."

Great Truck

By on Thursday, August 28, 2008

"I have had my 2008 F-350 King Ranch LB with A.R.E cab high shell for 16 mo. I have 15200 miles on it. Would have had more but got hurt and could not drive for 7 mo. The truck has had no problems at all . Fuel miles has been about 13 to 14 in city and 16 to 18 highway with out tow. I use cruise control at 58 to 60 mph. This is after break in on the diesel 6.4. The gas meter on the truck says on highway 20 to 22 but that wrong. I knew the truck uses more fuel so why gripe about my miles. I think for a truck of this size it does well. I see others complain about miles mpg then why did you buy a big truck in the first place. Every where I go people love the truck. I'm 60 years old and had a few trucks and cars in my life, and I can say this Ford truck is the best truck I have ever had. Ride great for a big truck, something I have to look for a place to park it because of the size but I don't care it worth it. This is a no bull report, because I love the truth about my auto good or bad. I use Amsoil CJ-4 5w40 syn. This will be my last truck till I go home to be with the Lord !!"

Great pulling powerful truck

By on Thursday, January 9, 2014

Pros: "Big capable truck - will pull anything!"

Cons: "Big truck, park in back, avoid parking garages"

"I bought this truck to tow a backhoe and handle cargo. I got a gooseneck trailer hitch installed and have pulled 10,000 pound loads routinely with no problems. It rides comfortably with a load on board, the seats are great, comfortable with easy to clean leather. Bad weather is not an issue so long as the ground will support the heavy truck. You are above most traffic and so have great visibility even in road mist. Hauling tools and pulling the trailer with the backhoe cross-country I got 15 miles/gallon moving tons of cargo."

As good as it gets in towing ability

By on Saturday, November 3, 2007

"I have owned several Ford trucks, and they have all been solid workhorses. My new F350 DRW with the optional 6.4 diesel appears to be of the same cut of cloth. So far, it has met every work task with ease. It rides like a half-ton SUV, pulls like a locomotive and has the looks to turn heads. Some new owners complain about fuel consumption. Granted, it would be great to have all this ability, plus 25 MPG, but that's not what these trucks are designed for. They are built to pull heavy loads, and you have to pay a price for that. Would you expect a draft horse to consume the same amount of feed as a burro? If you need a truck for heavy towing, I suggest you strongly consider the F350. The new diesel is exceptionally quiet, with no smoke and no odor. It's a great looking truck that rides and drives extremely well. The King Ranch and Navigation system options were well worth the price. The tow command and tow boss options make towing big loads a snap. The only suggestion I could make to Ford would be to get together with with a major gooseneck and fifth wheel hitch manufacturer, and offer these as factory installed options."

Work Horse

By on Sunday, November 9, 2008

"Had the truck 17 mos. 40,000 miles. Fuel economy getting steadily better, best highway empty 17, heavy trailer 12-14K 10-12 MPG. Love the ride, great towing truck. Little things like seat memory, wife is only 5' set up #2 for her it adjusts everything to suit her, I get in and right back to where I like it. Sharp looking truck, good puller, also use it with a slide in camper, added air bags and super hitch to still pull 28' enclosed trailer, camper 4K trailer 12K. Laughs at hills, set the cruise and up you go. I did notice a little surface rust on my front bumper, and some suspicious spots on the tubular running board from factory."

Great for its Niche

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"Great truck with a lot of options not offered by the other Heavy Duty platforms. Rearview camera system is a dream. The tailgate step is such a simple but vital invention, it's amazing no one came up with it before. The attachable bed extender is designed very well, the wife loves it. Very quiet compared to past models. The interior is easily the best in its class. Very comfortable (for a truck). The Diesel Engine is the worst in its class. Specs have it rated the same as the Dodge, however, this beast weighs more (much more) and reaches max torque at a higher RPM level. You won't notice the difference unless you're hauling a jumbo jet or trying to run the quarter mile. Gas mieleage is on par with an M-1 Abrams. Granted, this is a truck, but the Cummings and the Duramax put out the same or better numbers, and do so with better mileage. Tweak the engine a little and this bad boy would, hands down, blow away the competition. The 5-Speed transmission works real well, but I think it would benefit greatly with an extra gear like the 6-Speed Allison. Overall, still an awesome machine."

truck/ engine ruined by poor engine programing

By on Tuesday, April 3, 2012

"The engine/chassis combination is fabulous but is totally ruined by the program updates from Dearborn. After initial breakin I was getting 16 in town 21 highway.After each dealer service my mileage decreased until it is now 9/13. The power initially was amazing; I could pull a house. Now I can hardly climb hills. Last dealer visit, a factory rep said get a new 6.7L the factory had no plans to fix the problems with the program downloads for the 6.4L. Sounds like the 6L fiasco all over. So I'm selling and looking elsewhere. Love the truck! Hate what the factory did to it and me!"

A Disappointment

By on Sunday, August 17, 2008

"I replaced a 2004 F-350 (6.0 liter diesel) with this one after blowing the transmission at 104K. I have been towed off the side of the highway 3 times in the last 6 months. I have had the radiator side blow off dumping the entire coolant load, had the exhaust filter plug and have to be replaced (several thousand $$ if not under warranty), and to top it off, the best mileage I have achieved is 13.5 mpg (versus over 20 mpg on my 2004). Ford's response is that "We don't provide mileage estimates on Diesels"..... I have 20,000 miles put on it in 14 months, and the fuel mileage isn't improving any. Constant little things breaking (such as the tow/haul button sticking, the transmission refusing to move out of 4 low, the "fake" chrome on the grill peeling off etc...) This is my 5th Ford truck, 2nd Super Duty, and my last. If I wasn't so upside down in it, I would have dumped it already - get ready for a $20,000 to $25,000 loss when you drive one off the lot. The only positive things I have to say about the truck is that it has more power than anything I have ever driven (when it is running). That and my dealer has been quick about getting me back on the road after it dies...."

Love this truck

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pros: "lot of power, comfortable, great looking"

"Iv'e had this truck for a year now. Great truck, no problems. I have the 6.7 diesel, ton of power when needed yet economical (18 mpg)city. I drive this truck on short drives and long distances, very comfortable."

2008 better than 2006

By on Sunday, December 7, 2008

"This 2008 can pull my 37' 5th wheel easily. It has plenty of power. My 06' was a dog compared to the 2008. I'm very impressed with this truck."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F350 Super Duty Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals