2009 Ford F350 Super Duty Regular Cab

8.2

Based on 184 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

By on Wednesday, February 18, 2009

By on Friday, December 19, 2008

By on Sunday, February 07, 2010

By on Thursday, December 25, 2008

truck/ engine ruined by poor engine programing

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

"The engine/chassis combination is fabulous but is totally ruined by the program updates from Dearborn. After initial breakin I was getting 16 in town 21 highway.After each dealer service my mileage decreased until it is now 9/13. The power initially was amazing; I could pull a house. Now I can hardly climb hills. Last dealer visit, a factory rep said get a new 6.7L the factory had no plans to fix the problems with the program downloads for the 6.4L. Sounds like the 6L fiasco all over. So I'm selling and looking elsewhere. Love the truck! Hate what the factory did to it and me!"

Great Truck

By on Thursday, August 28, 2008

"I have had my 2008 F-350 King Ranch LB with A.R.E cab high shell for 16 mo. I have 15200 miles on it. Would have had more but got hurt and could not drive for 7 mo. The truck has had no problems at all . Fuel miles has been about 13 to 14 in city and 16 to 18 highway with out tow. I use cruise control at 58 to 60 mph. This is after break in on the diesel 6.4. The gas meter on the truck says on highway 20 to 22 but that wrong. I knew the truck uses more fuel so why gripe about my miles. I think for a truck of this size it does well. I see others complain about miles mpg then why did you buy a big truck in the first place. Every where I go people love the truck. I'm 60 years old and had a few trucks and cars in my life, and I can say this Ford truck is the best truck I have ever had. Ride great for a big truck, something I have to look for a place to park it because of the size but I don't care it worth it. This is a no bull report, because I love the truth about my auto good or bad. I use Amsoil CJ-4 5w40 syn. This will be my last truck till I go home to be with the Lord !!"

Solid work truck with comfort

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "Excellent pulling/hauling heavy loads. Decent mpg"

Cons: "Not a commuter truck, poor fuel mileage."

"This truck is solid. Many rate the 6.4 turbo diesel low on fuel milage but if you are using it to tow big/heavy loads, it's as good as any when pulling big loads. I pull a 33 foot RV and get about 10 MPG at about 65 miles per hour interstate travel. Max loads such as with my gooseneck horse/livestock trailer, gets about 9 mpg. This truck is NOT for commuting! The 6.4. at 2000 rpms is around 63 miles per hour which will yield about 14 to 15 miles per gallon not pulling/hauling anything. Take it up to 75 mph when running empty you'll get about 11 mpg. This is a work truck meant for pulling heavy loads. Use it for that, and you'll be happy. Make sure the radiator has been replaced (an early flaw with this motor) and the computer is up to date (use to regenerate too often using too much diesel). this model uses diesel to clean the filter, not the detergent in later models."

A Disappointment

By on Sunday, August 17, 2008

"I replaced a 2004 F-350 (6.0 liter diesel) with this one after blowing the transmission at 104K. I have been towed off the side of the highway 3 times in the last 6 months. I have had the radiator side blow off dumping the entire coolant load, had the exhaust filter plug and have to be replaced (several thousand $$ if not under warranty), and to top it off, the best mileage I have achieved is 13.5 mpg (versus over 20 mpg on my 2004). Ford's response is that "We don't provide mileage estimates on Diesels"..... I have 20,000 miles put on it in 14 months, and the fuel mileage isn't improving any. Constant little things breaking (such as the tow/haul button sticking, the transmission refusing to move out of 4 low, the "fake" chrome on the grill peeling off etc...) This is my 5th Ford truck, 2nd Super Duty, and my last. If I wasn't so upside down in it, I would have dumped it already - get ready for a $20,000 to $25,000 loss when you drive one off the lot. The only positive things I have to say about the truck is that it has more power than anything I have ever driven (when it is running). That and my dealer has been quick about getting me back on the road after it dies...."

As good as it gets in towing ability

By on Saturday, November 03, 2007

"I have owned several Ford trucks, and they have all been solid workhorses. My new F350 DRW with the optional 6.4 diesel appears to be of the same cut of cloth. So far, it has met every work task with ease. It rides like a half-ton SUV, pulls like a locomotive and has the looks to turn heads. Some new owners complain about fuel consumption. Granted, it would be great to have all this ability, plus 25 MPG, but that's not what these trucks are designed for. They are built to pull heavy loads, and you have to pay a price for that. Would you expect a draft horse to consume the same amount of feed as a burro? If you need a truck for heavy towing, I suggest you strongly consider the F350. The new diesel is exceptionally quiet, with no smoke and no odor. It's a great looking truck that rides and drives extremely well. The King Ranch and Navigation system options were well worth the price. The tow command and tow boss options make towing big loads a snap. The only suggestion I could make to Ford would be to get together with with a major gooseneck and fifth wheel hitch manufacturer, and offer these as factory installed options."

Great Truck Lousy engine

By on Tuesday, August 04, 2009

"Exhaust issues and Injector Issues Truck is built well on the body the power plant and DPF should be scraped. The engine has incredable power however there are many issues with it. Economy is not what you will find in this truck, workhorse yes, but you need to keep your eye on it or it will cost you."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F350 Super Duty Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals