2004 Ford F350 Super Duty Regular Cab

Based on 619 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

I LOVE THIS TRUCK!!!

By on Sunday, December 01, 2013

Pros: "Just about everything about this truck rocks."

Cons: "I wish the dually had taller gears (mpg)"

"I didn't need a dually, but this thing presented itself, and it was too good a deal. (I was looking for a crew cab 7.3L long bed.) It had 200,500 miles on it when I bought it. I change the oil at 5000 miles and just about can't get it to use a quart of oil in between. Most will tell you if you want a Ford diesel, the 7.3 is THE DIESEL to get, and I agree. Strong, dependable, and even with 4.10 gears, it gets 18 mpg consistently. I bought the crew cab because I've got three teenagers, and they have plenty of room on a five hour run to the cabin. It's got a REAL back seat. I point this truck up a mountain, and it just wants more. I would look for the XLT. The XLs are often commercial fleet trucks and not treated well. The Lariats are nice, but if that leather hasn't been very well maintained, well, you get the idea. The very first thing to always check is the air filter box clips. if they look loose of broken, walk away. The truck has likely ingested dust for about a $10,000 repair bill. an aftermarket air intake is a must. Don't fear a couple hundred thousand miles, these trucks can take it if they've seen reasonable care. At current values, these are awesome. Powerful, capable, dependable, good looking, and very comfortable. Ford knocked this one out of the park! A shame it wasn't produced longer."

I wish I bought 2 of these

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "This truck hauls heavy and is comfortable to be in"

Cons: "cup holders suck beyond belief"

"I used this truck to haul horses from Colorado to Wyoming and back. 18 mpg @ 80mph. 6 speed makes this rig great. I keep thinking of getting a newer truck but when I test them out, I love the 7.3L diesel with the 6 speed and I don't want a chip or a dually. This is the best truck I have ever had and I just think I'll keep it unit she dies an honorable death. No major problems on engine. Rebuilt xfer case @ 185000; 3rd clutch; religious about fluids. Plain awesome truck."

One of the best trucks I have had.

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pros: "comfort. ease of accessibility. Awesome power."

Cons: "strange cup holder in front."

The Dually's maiden voyage. Pass Creek, ID

"I picked this F350 up from a neighbor. Caught him on a good day. There was some right fender damage. No frame damage. This dually had some small issues... clock spring, horn, replaced fender, hail damage to hood(replaced), new front rotors and brakes. All toll I put in about $1300 in paint and parts with my labor. So I have a total of $2500 in this truck. I now drive it 90% of the time and it pulls my camp trailer with an ATV in the bed with ease. The V10 is a grunting work horse. My MPG has been a high of 14 and a low of 10. I am pleased."

The Dually's maiden voyage. Pass Creek, ID

I love my truck!! can drive for hrs

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Cons: "wide turning radius, watch the small parking space"

"Comfortable ride 4x4 truck, mileage excellent for my driving habits. 8'bed great for hauling anything. Feel secure-if I'm in an accident, know will come out much better than most new cars. Adjustable gas/brake pedals wonderful for this short grannie!!"

great truck, always certain interior problems.

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "extremely reliable, lots of power when you need it"

Cons: "steering column wiring always a problem"

"I own this truck. Transmission was too light until I got one from Brian's Truck Shop in North Arkansas. He makes 'em from scratch, best ever. Every Ford truck I've had always had same problems: wiring in the steering column gives all kinds of problems for wipers and cruise control disengages when hitting a bump every so often (not every time). Advise getting dual alternators if you get a diesel like mine (7.3L). Don't get anything in Ford diesel except a 7.3L. The other Ford diesels are just trash."

6.0 Diesel

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "Great style in and out"

Cons: "6.0 Diesel"

"The truck is excellent except for the 6.0 Diesel. That first gen 6.0 is total trash! If your looking stay away from 2003-2005. After 2005 there great, less problems."

Best Vehicle Ever to Own

By on Thursday, October 01, 2009

"The 7.3 Diesel is a work horse and nothing that Ford has produced thus far matches it in performance and gas miliage!!! If you are lucky enough to find one of this in the market I would suggest that you grab it quickly as they dont last long!!! Save yourself some pain and dont purchase the 6.0 at all and it you are looking at the 6.4 not to bad of a truck BUT the gas miliage dosent even come close to the 7.3 nor does the performance and dont let ANY Salesman tell you diferently as they know way down deep inside the 7.3 is the only WAY TO GO!!! FORD do yourselves a favor and BRING THIS ENGINE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Most Reliable Truck

By on Tuesday, January 27, 2009

"We own 2 F-350s with over 150,000mi on them both. Ones a 2000 and the other is a 2003, both 7.3L's 4x4. A suggestion when you get one and want it to last is to put a transmission pressure lock on if your going to tow with it because Ford designs them to slip into gear which won't last long. We SuperChipped them both and are getting 19.5mpg loaded or not. Our friend owns a 6.0L and the new 6.4L and says they are both terrible designs. He tows or Hotshots accross America for a living and he uses the 7.3L and only the 7.3L. They're just not built to tow and work like the 7.3L If your driving around town it would be good for that but not for towing."

Truck or Edsel?

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"One should note that this is the 6.0 diesel, see my review on the 7.3 I have also. Truck is stylish, no prob w drive train, but the engine, although lotsa power and good MPG with trailers, has caused it to be in the shop more than out, injectors, sensors, wiring have cost $10,000 more than the 7.3 did which has 50K more miles. Always wondering when the next breakdown is gonna be and how much it will cost Lifelong Ford owner, but seriously thinkin about a Dodge"

Worried

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"My '04 Super Duty has been great until I started pulling my new horse trailer. So far, one head gasket and on my most recent cross country trip, one EGR cooler. I took it to a Ford truck Center in California when the EGR cooler went out and was told by the Service Rep that he had the same engine in his truck and worried about it everyday. Said the 6.0 is great for a family vehicle, but when you put a trailer on it, or heavy duty use, the engine just doesn't hold up. Of course that made me feel better, considering I only have 40K miles on it and already have been on the side of the road with it twice."

2003 F-350 CREW

By on Monday, August 13, 2007

"Overall very satisfied with the 7.3 diesel. Really happy I did not buy the 6.0. Once broke in it got great mpg. 18 before the chip, and 20 with the chip. Towing my 30' fifth wheel camper (13,000) lbs, 14mpg. Had to replace rear wheel bearings at 38,000, ball joints at 52,000. Truck is up to whatever I put behind it towing, and has a nice, much quieter inside than previous powerstrokes. Also rides suprisingly well for a F-350. Not looking forward to trading this one in. Not at all impressed with the 6.0, or the new 6.4 twin turbo. Both lack h.p. compared to the other big 2. Ford needs to go back to the old 7.3 diesel. Why fix what wasn't broke?"

Great Truck

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"I own 2 2002 models, and other year Superduties as well. I have never been left stranded by any of my trucks, and they perform well in temps in the neg 20's, thats as cold as I have gone in them anyway. I work from them and play from them, I use them in all facets of my life. To put it simply, the Superduty trucks will always be my first choice."

this is my best truck i`ve own thus far.

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pros: "just awsome"

Cons: "seat getting worn out"

"this truck has held up yery well. it has some rust but that is to be expected, it has never been waxed, rarly washed. love the fuel milage it gets 18-20 mpg. not any problems with the motor. 7.3 just love it. hope to get at least another 200,000 on it if not more."

Great truck!

By on Saturday, February 04, 2012

"best vehicle I've ever owned. I put all the miles on it, and it has been extremely reliable. 7.3L is the best engine Ford has ever made, bar none. Wish it was still made, but it's longevity prevented them from selling new trucks as replacements."

Best used heavy truck you can have.

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pros: "Great ability to do work."

Cons: "a little loud when its cold"

"Owned truck for 130000 miles only 1 brake job and 1 set of tires. I love this truck, It seats 6 easily with all 4 doors. I've hauled 14000 lbs alot and all the way up to rolling across the scale at 39620 once(oops)the truck still pulled it well. With exhaust and a tuner on the 7.3 I get 22 in the summer and 18.5 in the winter."

Over All Good

By on Sunday, December 28, 2008

"Plenty of power when you need it, with or with out a load. Good fuel mileage if your not a heavy foot person. Have gotten 20 hwy with out a load. Does good with Bio Fuel blend. Important with all diesels to drain weekly the water fuel separator some, for normal mile use. Comforts ok, have the bench seat, but can seat six adults with good leg room."

Great Preformance from my 7.3L

By on Sunday, December 09, 2007

"2000 F-350 Crew Cab 7.3L Powerstroke. This thing will pull anything I hook up to it. I installed the Bully Dog Programmer with Banks TransCommand Shift Module and this thing will go anywhere and pull anything. I get 18 MPG empty or full. I love the space of the crew cab and the power of the 7.3 Powerstroke"

Best Truck I have ever owned.

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "Pricey, but worth it in long run."

Cons: "Wish I would have gotten lighted mirrors"

"I bought my first Ford truck in 1977. This super diesel is fantastic. I have to say this is the best truck I have ever owned. Comfortible on long hauls, tows like a dream, diesel is dependable, sits out so plugged in, started all Midwest Winters and its 14 years old. I hate to trade it in on a new one, but have to this year. Going to miss the old girl."

Excellent work truck, great family truck

By on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pros: "You can count on it to do the job"

Cons: "Hard to park, don't take to the mall"

"I have worked this truck hard for 10 years and it has never failed me. Rides smooth, almost like a performance car. With an 8 foot bed, you can really load it up and it can take it with a smile. I love having a crew cab, cause you can load up the kids and the toys all in one vehicle and off you go."

getting anotherone

By on Sunday, August 11, 2013

Pros: "powerful, longlasting"

Cons: "bad turning radius"

"I had an f350 crew cab long box, I have 310000 miles on it and I still have not put any money into the motor I am going to get another f 350 and hope I my next truck does the same for me"

Above and beyond expectations

By on Friday, June 28, 2013

Pros: "Most value for the money."

"I've put 178,000 miles on this truck. the only thing that has gone wrong with this truck is a sensor went out and a vacuum line broke on it. I got 121,000 miles out of the first set of tires.that's pulling a 53'trailer hauling equiptment.I just recently moved from Kansas to Florida and got 21mpg fully loaded with all my tools.Not bad for a V10. the worst fuel milage I've gotten is 13mpg pulling a back hoe & bob cat. I've owned Ford pickups all my life startin with a 57. This is by far the best truck I've ever owned. I'm fixing to get another truck and you can bet it'll be another F 350 dually."

Excellent

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "15-18 mpg"

"Best truck I have ever owned. This thing is bulletproof and tows anything I put behind it."

6.0 diesel is a total loser

By on Wednesday, February 01, 2012

"Great ride and looks. An excellent towing vehicle when on flat highway conditions. BUT the 6.0 diesel consistently overheats when under steep upgrades especially when towing. My engines main problem was it's defective EGR valve. This valve was designed to cool down the turbo system but ultimately it fails and turns into the reason the engine overheats. Shop time .. roadside repairs and loss off engine makes this design the worst motor made, period!!!! Buyer beware!!!!"

I'll never buy another Ford!

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "Plenty of power, good looking truck."

Cons: "Built Ford Tough is nothing more than marketing."

"When I bought this truck I figured it would last a very long time. Boy was I wrong. This truck has been the worst vehicle I've ever owned. The reliability of the 6.0 diesel engine has been dismal at best and Ford does not stand behind their product but will continue to rake in big bucks for repairs such as blown head gaskets, failed EGR and engine oil coolers and the list goes on and on. Do your homework on this one before spending your hard earned cash. If you don't, you'll be sorry like me and thousands of other owners of Ford trucks with the 6.0 diesel. Don't believe me? Just do a quick Google search of Ford 6.0 class action law suit and see what comes up."

7.3 diesal

By on Wednesday, February 02, 2011

"the best diesal that has been made so far. pull anything you put behind it and last forever."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F350 Super Duty Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals