• Editors' Page: 2014 Pickup Trucks

2001 Ford F350 Super Duty Regular Cab

Based on 586 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

It is a good reliable truck that can take anything

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, rugged and good looking"

Cons: "Diesel milage, noisy"

"I have had this truck for 10 years and worked as a ranch truck and a daily rider in the city. I have kept up on the normal maintenance through the years and this truck has worked unfailingly. It has almost 300,000 miles with no leaks and still gets over 17mpg on the highway."

solid vehicle for farm use to haul bales

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

"has dew-eze hydralic bale bed on it[added value of 5000]-----needs power unit for passenger window----needs front grill as cracked on top----needs front windshield[cracked]-----would take 10000 ----tires good all 6----have two other trucks equipped like it so no longer need"

i bought this truck new 1 owner ( my baby) !!!

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "truck is ready to go and tow"

Cons: "if i did it again id do 35's than 37's tires"

"i have placed my heart and sole into this truck. it has everything a guy would want,88k 7.3 turbo diesel XLT Lariat, bushwackers, new toyo 37's on a rough country 6 inch lift, full screen navi, dvd,built in custom seat sub w 2 amps, camera chip reader, windshieldvisorw lights,custom brush guard w 4 hella's, lund viser w lights, billet full grill,tec mats front and rear,up graded 2004 headlights, chrome side steps,custom side strips,matching side tinting,custom matching hard bed top, 2 tone factory paint white and gold under,flawless interior, one rock ding in the entire truck, rear camera,snow fog lights,back up lights and digital tow brake."

GREAT TRUCK best I ever owned 18mpg

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

"Best truck I ever owned. 7.3 diesel pulls LQ horse trailer and hay trailer. Wished mine was a dually, but they are hard to park and will not fit in some drive thrus. If you take care of this truck it will take care of you. People try to buy these in good shape do to the reliability of the 7.3. In 14 years I have did tires, ball joints and water pumps and hoses. Original ball joints were not grease-able."

this is my best truck i`ve own thus far.

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pros: "just awsome"

Cons: "seat getting worn out"

"this truck has held up yery well. it has some rust but that is to be expected, it has never been waxed, rarly washed. love the fuel milage it gets 18-20 mpg. not any problems with the motor. 7.3 just love it. hope to get at least another 200,000 on it if not more."

Many Upgrades

By on Monday, December 02, 2013

"EGR Delete Installed, New Fluilds, New Ball Joints New Brakes, New Cooper Off Road Tires, 4" exhaust, Cold Air Intake w K&N filter, 2008 Running Boards, 2012 Upgraded Side Mirrors, Harley Davidson Grill Bumper and Head Lights, 2012 Tailgate and Bumper and Tail Lights."

I LOVE THIS TRUCK!!!

By on Sunday, December 01, 2013

Pros: "Just about everything about this truck rocks."

Cons: "I wish the dually had taller gears (mpg)"

"I didn't need a dually, but this thing presented itself, and it was too good a deal. (I was looking for a crew cab 7.3L long bed.) It had 200,500 miles on it when I bought it. I change the oil at 5000 miles and just about can't get it to use a quart of oil in between. Most will tell you if you want a Ford diesel, the 7.3 is THE DIESEL to get, and I agree. Strong, dependable, and even with 4.10 gears, it gets 18 mpg consistently. I bought the crew cab because I've got three teenagers, and they have plenty of room on a five hour run to the cabin. It's got a REAL back seat. I point this truck up a mountain, and it just wants more. I would look for the XLT. The XLs are often commercial fleet trucks and not treated well. The Lariats are nice, but if that leather hasn't been very well maintained, well, you get the idea. The very first thing to always check is the air filter box clips. if they look loose of broken, walk away. The truck has likely ingested dust for about a $10,000 repair bill. an aftermarket air intake is a must. Don't fear a couple hundred thousand miles, these trucks can take it if they've seen reasonable care. At current values, these are awesome. Powerful, capable, dependable, good looking, and very comfortable. Ford knocked this one out of the park! A shame it wasn't produced longer."

7.3 diesel is the best!

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pros: "Truck has no boundaries."

"Best pick up truck I've ever owned. I have no complaints to voice. If you can find one, buy it!"

Best Truck I have ever owned.

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "Pricey, but worth it in long run."

Cons: "Wish I would have gotten lighted mirrors"

"I bought my first Ford truck in 1977. This super diesel is fantastic. I have to say this is the best truck I have ever owned. Comfortible on long hauls, tows like a dream, diesel is dependable, sits out so plugged in, started all Midwest Winters and its 14 years old. I hate to trade it in on a new one, but have to this year. Going to miss the old girl."

A Better Work Horse You Will Not Find

By on Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, Low End Torque, Relitivly Cheap"

Cons: "Turning Radius"

"The Ford F-350 is truly one of the all time great vehicles. These trucks are the common man work horse of America and through thick and thin this truck will never let you down! I have owned one for about two years. I have towed steel framed four horse trailers loaded with tack. To a flat bed with two skid steers strapped to it and it tows like a dream! The 7.3L has so much low end torque it just pulls like crazy. My truck is a crew long bed with the 7.3L Power Stroke and has over 200,000 miles on it and still going strong. I get about 18 MPG high way and 10-12 towing. I bought my truck for a little over $4,000 and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. This truck has stood by me and put up with me over the past 25,000 miles I have owned it and never complained once. The thing I would change is the turning radius. At 20 MPH it takes about 5 lanes of traffic to turn left. All in all it is a truck and your can only as so much. If you are getting a diesel truck make sure it is a automatic. I have driven the manual F-350 and although I love a hand shaker, the auto's are better for towing. I truly be leave a Super Duty with a 7.3 is one of the best towing and best looking trucks ever produced."

Excellent work truck, great family truck

By on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pros: "You can count on it to do the job"

Cons: "Hard to park, don't take to the mall"

"I have worked this truck hard for 10 years and it has never failed me. Rides smooth, almost like a performance car. With an 8 foot bed, you can really load it up and it can take it with a smile. I love having a crew cab, cause you can load up the kids and the toys all in one vehicle and off you go."

One of the best trucks I have had.

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pros: "comfort. ease of accessibility. Awesome power."

Cons: "strange cup holder in front."

The Dually's maiden voyage. Pass Creek, ID

"I picked this F350 up from a neighbor. Caught him on a good day. There was some right fender damage. No frame damage. This dually had some small issues... clock spring, horn, replaced fender, hail damage to hood(replaced), new front rotors and brakes. All toll I put in about $1300 in paint and parts with my labor. So I have a total of $2500 in this truck. I now drive it 90% of the time and it pulls my camp trailer with an ATV in the bed with ease. The V10 is a grunting work horse. My MPG has been a high of 14 and a low of 10. I am pleased."

The Dually's maiden voyage. Pass Creek, ID

getting anotherone

By on Sunday, August 11, 2013

Pros: "powerful, longlasting"

Cons: "bad turning radius"

"I had an f350 crew cab long box, I have 310000 miles on it and I still have not put any money into the motor I am going to get another f 350 and hope I my next truck does the same for me"

very good truck

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

"Bought this truck new. Have pulled large 5th wheel travel trailers with this truck probably half of the 130000 miles still adequate power for all situations. Computer replaced under warranty in 2002 glow plugs replaced in 2013 brake pads replaced at 100000 miles. 10 mpg towing 17 to 18 mpg solo. Usual routine maintenance. Love the truck probably will keep it as long as I need a truck."

fantastic truck

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pros: "plays hard, works harder"

Cons: "hard to park, but what do you expect from a truck?"

"Excellent truck. Well built and tows anything hooked up to it. Tows a 9 ton goose-neck no problem. Seems to get 16 to 18 mpg in all conditions. For someone that wants to haul stuff, and be plenty comfortable doing it, I would recommend this truck over anything else. Its the best of the best. And don't forget that legendary 7.3!"

Awesome Truck

By on Monday, July 08, 2013

Pros: "Great to tow my horse trailer with camper; diesel"

Cons: "gas mileage, but then what 1 ton truck doesn't??"

"I have owned this model year truck for nine years. It is wonderful. This is apparently, I high-demand model within specific model years. I have been offered money, above the value, from others wanting to buy my truck, just because they're hard to find."

Above and beyond expectations

By on Friday, June 28, 2013

Pros: "Most value for the money."

"I've put 178,000 miles on this truck. the only thing that has gone wrong with this truck is a sensor went out and a vacuum line broke on it. I got 121,000 miles out of the first set of tires.that's pulling a 53'trailer hauling equiptment.I just recently moved from Kansas to Florida and got 21mpg fully loaded with all my tools.Not bad for a V10. the worst fuel milage I've gotten is 13mpg pulling a back hoe & bob cat. I've owned Ford pickups all my life startin with a 57. This is by far the best truck I've ever owned. I'm fixing to get another truck and you can bet it'll be another F 350 dually."

FORD F350 1 TON

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "price is steep"

Cons: "cost of tires and maintaince issues are a bummer"

"has no turn ration to cut a around a curb and there to many censers that keep going out my truck has 120.000 and every year something new brakes down on it I've had ford trucks in the past and i loved them most of the time very reliable"

Excellent 6.0L

By on Sunday, February 17, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, fun to drive, beautiful truck"

Cons: "others are scared of the 6.0L (great engine)"

"Purchase this vehicle new. This truck has never let us down. Wish the 6.0 didnt have a bad rap because this has been the best truck for our family. Everyone (family & friends) enjoys the truck for comfort, looks, reliability. Down fall the KBB value has it valued at about $4k more than what i am unable to sell for."

Excellent

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "15-18 mpg"

"Best truck I have ever owned. This thing is bulletproof and tows anything I put behind it."

bought my f350 used and had only 55k onto it

By on Sunday, December 09, 2012

Pros: "ride , handling, looks , milage"

Cons: "few recalls nothing major"

"only had 55k onto it in oct. 2011 and now has 70k onto it . love the ride and handling for a huge truck that it is . Have used it to pull car trailers and campers and does job very well even hauling a heavy equip. trailer with a 4x4 ploy truck onto it . Just wish it would turn sharper but , then thats me . My truck has a Tuscany show star 3 package also that gives it everything but a kithen sink into it . would buy again newer model if they would bring back the 7.3 engine .I get 20.8 mpg's on highway empty ."

best truck on the market

By on Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pros: "love that 7.3l engine"

Cons: "no cons on this truck"

"owned truck for 13 yrs no big problems . i have 7.3l with 6spd in it. truck looks like brand new. I use truck to tow a big tralier u dont feel the trailer behind the truck best truck i ever owned"

I bought new v-10 from Ford Motor Co. had it insta

By on Sunday, November 11, 2012

Pros: "Five thousand dollars, great price, lots of power."

"Installed for $8300.00 has like new tires,never been wreaked, body need's finished and painted, no large dent's.Run's great. Upolstery need's some help on front seats, and bed has fold down ball for towihg a gooseneck trailer."

Great truck, 250k and still lovin it!

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pros: "Lots of interior room, and pulls anything."

Cons: "wide turning radius."

"I bought this truck used when the family grew from 3 to 5 quickly. We have only 2 vehicles and needed both to haul the entire family. The old F150 regular got farm use tags for the kids to learn to drive a stick! Every time I look at new trucks, and the price, it confirms how much I like mine! They look pretty but mine still runs every day with 250k on it and still going strong. You can ride 6 adults and pull or haul anything! It's 2WD and the 7.3 Powerstroke so I get between 15-18 MPG depending on driving and time of year. Mine has the 60/40 bench seat in the front which I prefer to the buckets. We got a good snow 2 years ago and a set of chains on the outside rear tires,and 1/2 ton of sand in the back and I went everywhere I wanted to go. However, don't get cought on an incline with wet grass/leaves or soggy conditions :) you'll do some spinning! I don't abuse my vehicles but I have pulled up to a 46' travel trailer with it and never bogged down going up the Mt. I've owned mostly small trucks, F150 and smaller in the past. I don't think I can go back. It is the best truck I've owned and I've owned several."

A Disappointment

By on Friday, September 14, 2012

Pros: "Should tow a house"

Cons: "Lots of mechanical issues"

"This truck is designed to be a workhorse and should get the job done. However, I have experienced multiple engine and transmission issues with the truck, including transmission rebuild (warranty), fuel injector replacements (warranty), bad sensors which resulted in diesel fuel leaks and a cracked turbo Y pipe (very costly repairs). I also have a failing power steering pump and had to replace the alternator. All these repairs occured well before 100,000 miles. The quality has been a disappointment. I understand there is a pending class action suit against the engine manufacturer, Navistar. I also understand that newer models have not experienced these issues. Seems as if the 6.0 Turbo diesel was a poor design."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F350 Super Duty Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals