• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2000 Ford F350 Super Duty Regular Cab

Based on 613 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

6.0 Diesel

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "Great style in and out"

Cons: "6.0 Diesel"

"The truck is excellent except for the 6.0 Diesel. That first gen 6.0 is total trash! If your looking stay away from 2003-2005. After 2005 there great, less problems."

I wish I bought 2 of these

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "This truck hauls heavy and is comfortable to be in"

Cons: "cup holders suck beyond belief"

"I used this truck to haul horses from Colorado to Wyoming and back. 18 mpg @ 80mph. 6 speed makes this rig great. I keep thinking of getting a newer truck but when I test them out, I love the 7.3L diesel with the 6 speed and I don't want a chip or a dually. This is the best truck I have ever had and I just think I'll keep it unit she dies an honorable death. No major problems on engine. Rebuilt xfer case @ 185000; 3rd clutch; religious about fluids. Plain awesome truck."

great truck, always certain interior problems.

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "extremely reliable, lots of power when you need it"

Cons: "steering column wiring always a problem"

"I own this truck. Transmission was too light until I got one from Brian's Truck Shop in North Arkansas. He makes 'em from scratch, best ever. Every Ford truck I've had always had same problems: wiring in the steering column gives all kinds of problems for wipers and cruise control disengages when hitting a bump every so often (not every time). Advise getting dual alternators if you get a diesel like mine (7.3L). Don't get anything in Ford diesel except a 7.3L. The other Ford diesels are just trash."

Best Vehicle Ever to Own

By on Thursday, October 01, 2009

"The 7.3 Diesel is a work horse and nothing that Ford has produced thus far matches it in performance and gas miliage!!! If you are lucky enough to find one of this in the market I would suggest that you grab it quickly as they dont last long!!! Save yourself some pain and dont purchase the 6.0 at all and it you are looking at the 6.4 not to bad of a truck BUT the gas miliage dosent even come close to the 7.3 nor does the performance and dont let ANY Salesman tell you diferently as they know way down deep inside the 7.3 is the only WAY TO GO!!! FORD do yourselves a favor and BRING THIS ENGINE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Most Reliable Truck

By on Tuesday, January 27, 2009

"We own 2 F-350s with over 150,000mi on them both. Ones a 2000 and the other is a 2003, both 7.3L's 4x4. A suggestion when you get one and want it to last is to put a transmission pressure lock on if your going to tow with it because Ford designs them to slip into gear which won't last long. We SuperChipped them both and are getting 19.5mpg loaded or not. Our friend owns a 6.0L and the new 6.4L and says they are both terrible designs. He tows or Hotshots accross America for a living and he uses the 7.3L and only the 7.3L. They're just not built to tow and work like the 7.3L If your driving around town it would be good for that but not for towing."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F350 Super Duty Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals