2012 Ford F350 Super Duty Crew Cab

8.2

Based on 186 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

Love this truck!

By on Friday, December 9, 2011

Pros: "Great ride, great power, and GREAT mpg!"

Cons: "I have yet to have a con."

"I previously owned the 2010 F-250 with the 6.4 powerstroke. The truck rode beautifully, but I averaged 8 mpg. I traded it in for the 2011 F-350, and have been very pleased. Right away I was getting 16/17 in town and 19 on the highway. I pulled my 30 foot gooseneck with a tractor, and I stil averaged about 17/18 on the highway. The truck rides like a passenger sedan, very smooth and quiet. This is the 11th powerstroke I have owned over the years, and other than the mid 90's model 7.3, I think this is the best Powerstroke yet!"

Great work truck. I own 2.

By on Friday, October 7, 2011

Pros: "Very good work truck, great pulling power."

Cons: "Diesel repair costly and frequent."

"Truck has had to much repair time for being a super duty. Diesel motor costs a lot to repair and maintain. I hope the new diesel by ford is a better motor."

By on Wednesday, February 18, 2009

F350 4WD Duelly

By on Sunday, December 21, 2008

"I have owned 6 ford diesels all F350 single and duelly's. Just got a 2008 and traded in a 2007 6.0 for new 6.4. Pulling a bumper pull heavy 16 foot trailer I got 9.5 on 07 and I'm getting 9 on 08. I never liked the 07 was in the shop several times for trouble starting. 08 Seems much smoother, great mirrors, worse gas mileage. Un hooked both got get about 13 (4WDs). Biggest complaint was on 07 I paid $40K and got 23.5 trade in. It had 43,500 and not a scratch. Good thing I pick up discounted 08 or would have had to flign my self off the bridge. Good Luck..."

ghould have kept 2005 350

By on Saturday, November 1, 2008

"day1 purchase great day 2 on tow truck would not run over 5 miles in hour it was down hill from there 4 radiators 2 a/c components replace main seal at front and rear of the engine tranny leak fluids and steering gear box replaced engine leaking oil now should have kept my 2005 350 biggest mistake i paid for in full"

My 3rd Power Stroke

By on Sunday, August 31, 2008

"I purchase the Ford because of the Power Stroke engine. I had a 1997 7.3L 202,000 miles sold for $12,500. I had a 2003 6.0L 210,000 miles sold for $20,0000. I expect the value of the truck to remain high so when I get to 200,000 miles it will have a good resale value. The mileage started out at 15 mpg 2.0 mpg less than the 2003. I have put a K&N stile air filter on it and increased the the mpg to 16 mpg overall. Driving highway at 65 mph I get 18.3 mpg. I lose mpg when driving from field to field at 40 to 45 mph. I would like the transmission to shift into OD at 40 to 42 mph like the 2003 truck did and I believe that I would get an average of 17.5 mpg for all driving. At 20,000 miles the mpg finally got better. I would recommend this truck to anyone for value and comfort of driving."

Great Truck Lousy engine

By on Tuesday, August 4, 2009

"Exhaust issues and Injector Issues Truck is built well on the body the power plant and DPF should be scraped. The engine has incredable power however there are many issues with it. Economy is not what you will find in this truck, workhorse yes, but you need to keep your eye on it or it will cost you."

Handling problems 5th wheel trailer and wind

By on Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Pros: "engine"

Cons: "stability very bad in winds"

"I went from a 06 F-350 diesel 82,000 miles to 2013 F-350 diesel just for 5th wheel RV towing. Also truck came with the Ford 5th wheel hitch. Very poor stability pulling trailer in any wind and trucks or full size SUV's passing. Never had any stability problems with the 06, just turbo after 47,000 miles. The only help so far from Ford was help going from Continental to Michelin tires. Did not help the ride."

Purchased it Used, Excellent condition-really like

By on Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pros: "Powerful, DRW a must for pulling, comfortable"

Cons: "Unloaded fuel mileage, easy to break into it"

"Pro's: -8 foot bed is a must for hauling heavy equipment and supplies. Truck hauls heavy loads well! -Dual rear wheels are superb for stability at interstate speeds pulling goose necks or bumper pull trailers, especially in cross winds! -Handles as it should for a big 1 ton truck, comfortable for a 1 ton. -built in tow package is awesome! -high quality king ranch leather is tough and the adjustable seats/heated seats, electric folding/retracting/extending side views are are awesome if you pull trailers a lot! -lots of room in the cab. -Sirius radio ready and 6 cd am/fm radio. -rear sensors work well. -It's a work horse! Con's: - Fuel mileage. Look, if you're looking at a 1 ton and are worried about fuel mileage, you need a reality check. Even the newer engine when pulling a full load will be down around 10 or 12 mpg. Unloaded or medium to light loads on the 2011's and up do a much better job in that category. Again, if power pulling, comfort and highway stability is what you need, and that's the only reason I can figure you would want something like this, This truck is a 'hoss': Here's my mileage experience: Pulling a 26 goose neck with 3 horses, dogs, supplies, etc, average about 10 mpg at 70 mph. Average 11 to 12 at 63 mph. Driving empty with no trailers, average about the same at 70 BUT, at 63 mph, about 15 mph. - When it first came out it had several issues that you should verify have been fixed such as radiator replacement and up to day computer reprogramming. Early models over heated and they seemed to be in constant "cleaning exhaust system". The repairs fix that. - Little things plus the previous statement made me mark the quality down. Examples include: windshield wiper fluid jets mounted on hood crumble over time as the engine heat makes them deteriorate fast / exposed metal under seat gets rust on it, you can't see it unless you look but wow, what an oversight by ford as this was a 55K truck! -Doesn't do well on biodiesel blends so you MUST use a cetane booster / cleaner with each fill up to be certain you won't have issues. - Ford still has not changed their door handles since about 1999. They are plastic and easily broken into. - Ford is know for powerful air conditioning. I replaced my blower thinking it was defective but it wasn't. Cools the cab well but takes a bit more time than the average Ford."

2013 F350 SRW Regular Cab 4x4 6.2L Gas

By on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Pros: "Manual 4x4 system, solid front axle, tailgate step"

Cons: "No manual transmission option, In-cab storage."

"I bought a gas engine Ford Super Duty for it's cheaper cost of ownership and it's reliablity over the PowerStroke diesel. I don't know if my 6.2L gas engine has the 316 hp/397 torque engine, or the 385 hp/405 torque engine, I can't get a strait answer, even through my own Ford dealership. The 6.2L gas engine is a little under powered for towing the heavier trailers, even with the 4.30 gears, but I don't tow everyday and the cost savings by not buying a diesel engine makes up for it. Like most new cars nowadays, the fit and finish is cheaply made, and the interior is mostly made out of plastic. The control knobs seem fairly cheap in quality also. My truck has vinyl covered seats and a vinyl floor mat which makes the truck's interior a lot easier to clean than carpet floors and cloth or leather seats. The vinyl seat in my truck are very comfortable, and I don't know why anyone would ever put cloth or leather seats in work truck. As a basic XL model, the storage inside my Super Duty's cab is terrible, that is why my comfort & convenience is only a 2. If you haul a dog or three people in my regular cab, you lose all your cup holders when the center seat- back is up. Also, there isn't any map pockets on the doors and the glove box is fairly small. Even when the center seat back is down, the center console is very smallish for putting items in it,it's just big enought for a pair of safey glasses and your cell phone. With an XL package, you can't get a factory installed satellite radio or a sliding rear window, why, who knows. Basically, if you are in the light duty truck market for pulling and hauling, Ford is a great choice. Overall, I'm happy with my 2013 F350. I've had long lasting Fords in the past, my family and friends had reliability problems with their PowerStokes, and hope I can get at least 15-20 years out of my new truck."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F350 Super Duty Crew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals