2012 Ford F350 Super Duty Crew Cab

8.2

Based on 179 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

truck/ engine ruined by poor engine programing

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

"The engine/chassis combination is fabulous but is totally ruined by the program updates from Dearborn. After initial breakin I was getting 16 in town 21 highway.After each dealer service my mileage decreased until it is now 9/13. The power initially was amazing; I could pull a house. Now I can hardly climb hills. Last dealer visit, a factory rep said get a new 6.7L the factory had no plans to fix the problems with the program downloads for the 6.4L. Sounds like the 6L fiasco all over. So I'm selling and looking elsewhere. Love the truck! Hate what the factory did to it and me!"

Great for its Niche

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"Great truck with a lot of options not offered by the other Heavy Duty platforms. Rearview camera system is a dream. The tailgate step is such a simple but vital invention, it's amazing no one came up with it before. The attachable bed extender is designed very well, the wife loves it. Very quiet compared to past models. The interior is easily the best in its class. Very comfortable (for a truck). The Diesel Engine is the worst in its class. Specs have it rated the same as the Dodge, however, this beast weighs more (much more) and reaches max torque at a higher RPM level. You won't notice the difference unless you're hauling a jumbo jet or trying to run the quarter mile. Gas mieleage is on par with an M-1 Abrams. Granted, this is a truck, but the Cummings and the Duramax put out the same or better numbers, and do so with better mileage. Tweak the engine a little and this bad boy would, hands down, blow away the competition. The 5-Speed transmission works real well, but I think it would benefit greatly with an extra gear like the 6-Speed Allison. Overall, still an awesome machine."

Solid work truck with comfort

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "Excellent pulling/hauling heavy loads. Decent mpg"

Cons: "Not a commuter truck, poor fuel mileage."

"This truck is solid. Many rate the 6.4 turbo diesel low on fuel milage but if you are using it to tow big/heavy loads, it's as good as any when pulling big loads. I pull a 33 foot RV and get about 10 MPG at about 65 miles per hour interstate travel. Max loads such as with my gooseneck horse/livestock trailer, gets about 9 mpg. This truck is NOT for commuting! The 6.4. at 2000 rpms is around 63 miles per hour which will yield about 14 to 15 miles per gallon not pulling/hauling anything. Take it up to 75 mph when running empty you'll get about 11 mpg. This is a work truck meant for pulling heavy loads. Use it for that, and you'll be happy. Make sure the radiator has been replaced (an early flaw with this motor) and the computer is up to date (use to regenerate too often using too much diesel). this model uses diesel to clean the filter, not the detergent in later models."

Great Truck Lousy engine

By on Tuesday, August 04, 2009

"Exhaust issues and Injector Issues Truck is built well on the body the power plant and DPF should be scraped. The engine has incredable power however there are many issues with it. Economy is not what you will find in this truck, workhorse yes, but you need to keep your eye on it or it will cost you."

A Disappointment

By on Sunday, August 17, 2008

"I replaced a 2004 F-350 (6.0 liter diesel) with this one after blowing the transmission at 104K. I have been towed off the side of the highway 3 times in the last 6 months. I have had the radiator side blow off dumping the entire coolant load, had the exhaust filter plug and have to be replaced (several thousand $$ if not under warranty), and to top it off, the best mileage I have achieved is 13.5 mpg (versus over 20 mpg on my 2004). Ford's response is that "We don't provide mileage estimates on Diesels"..... I have 20,000 miles put on it in 14 months, and the fuel mileage isn't improving any. Constant little things breaking (such as the tow/haul button sticking, the transmission refusing to move out of 4 low, the "fake" chrome on the grill peeling off etc...) This is my 5th Ford truck, 2nd Super Duty, and my last. If I wasn't so upside down in it, I would have dumped it already - get ready for a $20,000 to $25,000 loss when you drive one off the lot. The only positive things I have to say about the truck is that it has more power than anything I have ever driven (when it is running). That and my dealer has been quick about getting me back on the road after it dies...."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F350 Super Duty Crew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals