• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2009 Ford F350 Super Duty Crew Cab

8.1

Based on 164 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Great pulling powerful truck

By on Thursday, January 09, 2014

Pros: "Big capable truck - will pull anything!"

Cons: "Big truck, park in back, avoid parking garages"

"I bought this truck to tow a backhoe and handle cargo. I got a gooseneck trailer hitch installed and have pulled 10,000 pound loads routinely with no problems. It rides comfortably with a load on board, the seats are great, comfortable with easy to clean leather. Bad weather is not an issue so long as the ground will support the heavy truck. You are above most traffic and so have great visibility even in road mist. Hauling tools and pulling the trailer with the backhoe cross-country I got 15 miles/gallon moving tons of cargo."

worst truck made by ford

By on Sunday, December 29, 2013

Pros: "The truck looks good inside and out."

Cons: "engine is very bad"

"The 6.4 has so many problems it is worse than the 6.0. I have 15 trucks for my business and for sure this is the worst truck I have ever bought."

2013 F350 SRW Regular Cab 4x4 6.2L Gas

By on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Pros: "Manual 4x4 system, solid front axle, tailgate step"

Cons: "No manual transmission option, In-cab storage."

"I bought a gas engine Ford Super Duty for it's cheaper cost of ownership and it's reliablity over the PowerStroke diesel. I don't know if my 6.2L gas engine has the 316 hp/397 torque engine, or the 385 hp/405 torque engine, I can't get a strait answer, even through my own Ford dealership. The 6.2L gas engine is a little under powered for towing the heavier trailers, even with the 4.30 gears, but I don't tow everyday and the cost savings by not buying a diesel engine makes up for it. Like most new cars nowadays, the fit and finish is cheaply made, and the interior is mostly made out of plastic. The control knobs seem fairly cheap in quality also. My truck has vinyl covered seats and a vinyl floor mat which makes the truck's interior a lot easier to clean than carpet floors and cloth or leather seats. The vinyl seat in my truck are very comfortable, and I don't know why anyone would ever put cloth or leather seats in work truck. As a basic XL model, the storage inside my Super Duty's cab is terrible, that is why my comfort & convenience is only a 2. If you haul a dog or three people in my regular cab, you lose all your cup holders when the center seat- back is up. Also, there isn't any map pockets on the doors and the glove box is fairly small. Even when the center seat back is down, the center console is very smallish for putting items in it,it's just big enought for a pair of safey glasses and your cell phone. With an XL package, you can't get a factory installed satellite radio or a sliding rear window, why, who knows. Basically, if you are in the light duty truck market for pulling and hauling, Ford is a great choice. Overall, I'm happy with my 2013 F350. I've had long lasting Fords in the past, my family and friends had reliability problems with their PowerStokes, and hope I can get at least 15-20 years out of my new truck."

Great Truck

By on Monday, December 16, 2013

"I haven't been able to drive much yet, however I would rather drive this truck than my wifes Explorer. Can't wait to get a chance to pull our 39' fifth wheel next year. Seems to have all the power I need. Ride is great, Interior is comfortable and quiet. Nicest truck I have ever owned."

Solid work truck with comfort

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "Excellent pulling/hauling heavy loads. Decent mpg"

Cons: "Not a commuter truck, poor fuel mileage."

"This truck is solid. Many rate the 6.4 turbo diesel low on fuel milage but if you are using it to tow big/heavy loads, it's as good as any when pulling big loads. I pull a 33 foot RV and get about 10 MPG at about 65 miles per hour interstate travel. Max loads such as with my gooseneck horse/livestock trailer, gets about 9 mpg. This truck is NOT for commuting! The 6.4. at 2000 rpms is around 63 miles per hour which will yield about 14 to 15 miles per gallon not pulling/hauling anything. Take it up to 75 mph when running empty you'll get about 11 mpg. This is a work truck meant for pulling heavy loads. Use it for that, and you'll be happy. Make sure the radiator has been replaced (an early flaw with this motor) and the computer is up to date (use to regenerate too often using too much diesel). this model uses diesel to clean the filter, not the detergent in later models."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F350 Super Duty Crew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals