• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2005 Ford F350 Super Duty Crew Cab

8.2

Based on 329 Ratings for the 2005 - 2007 models.

buyer beware

By on Saturday, November 27, 2010

"The only problem is the 6.0l diesel. The cooling system is a poor design at best. I did not find this out until I purchased the truck. The oil cooler passages are too small and plug very easily. The oil then gets too hot and cracks the EGR and you get turbo failure. Every single 6.0 will have this problem. The ONLY fix is a coolant filter, a aftermarket EGR, and a aftermarket oil cooler. If you thinking of buying one with a 6.0L, take it to your mechanic and have the oil temp checked. It should be within 10 to 15deg of the water temp. Also use only Motorcraft oil filters. They are a way better filter. I am writing this because I got screwed buying my truck from a dealer, they know the problems"

Love the truck! Crew cab is outstanding.

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Plenty of power and comfortable to ride and drive."

Cons: "The wide angle mirrors are small."

"I wasn't looking for a truck with the crew cab, but this is what was available with the full box. After getting used to the longer wheel base, my wife and I love the truck! Even in Florida the seat heaters are great. Anything I ask of the truck it does. Strong motor, just have to get used to the slight delay with the turbocharger. But when it kicks in, you are gone. Interior is well designed and the outside has nice lines. I get a lot of compliments on the truck. The drawback to the 4 wheel drive is having to get out to lock the hubs when needed. Then I forget to unlock them because the truck drives smoothly with the hubs locked. Ford's key pad on the door is a great reason to buy FORD over other makes. Overall the best truck I have owned."

Great Truck

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pros: "Tough, dependable, comfortable, economic."

Cons: "Bit louder than gas, no telescopic mirrors"

"F350 Lariat Crew Cab, 6.0 Diesel, 4x4. This truck was purchased to pull a 40' fifth wheel camper, and plow snow. I ended up towing trailers for FEMA for a short time. Purchased new off the lot in 05. Has been a great truck for reliability. Gets good fuel economy for it's size, 17-21 hwy, 13-15 short trips, and averages 11 pulling the camper. Interior comfort is great. It's quiet inside, and the seats are comfortable. I am extremely happy with this truck. The rear differential started growling, but I was advised to put a bottle of friction modifier in it, and that solved the problem. Apparently, the rear end didn't want to slip at all. This truck is very strong. Oil change every 5K, fuel filters every 30K, still on original Air filter. "Diesel Service" additive has been added to every 2 out of 3 tanks of fuel in order."

Most reliable truck i own

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2012

"Nice style, 6.0l is great. MPG is about 17 with highs being 22(hwy and limiting the speed) all around great truck. Oils changes are a breeze, lower fuel filter is a issue with some spilage no matter what you do when you change it."

Know what you've got

By on Sunday, August 31, 2008

"I've owned 2 of these trucks, the first was an '05 and the second is an '06. I had the first truck for nearly a year and several problems with the engine, I blame that on the fact that it was an early '05 model truck and hadn't had all the bug worked out of it yet. I put 105,000 miles on that one and traded it for an '06. I've had this one for nearly 3 years now with nearly 200,000 rough miles, and haven't had it in the shop for anything other than oil changes. The main thing is to keep up with the maintainence and know how to use these trucks the way they are intended."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F350 Super Duty Crew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals