2004 Ford F350 Super Duty Crew Cab

Based on 623 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

I LOVE THIS TRUCK!!!

By on Sunday, December 1, 2013

Pros: "Just about everything about this truck rocks."

Cons: "I wish the dually had taller gears (mpg)"

"I didn't need a dually, but this thing presented itself, and it was too good a deal. (I was looking for a crew cab 7.3L long bed.) It had 200,500 miles on it when I bought it. I change the oil at 5000 miles and just about can't get it to use a quart of oil in between. Most will tell you if you want a Ford diesel, the 7.3 is THE DIESEL to get, and I agree. Strong, dependable, and even with 4.10 gears, it gets 18 mpg consistently. I bought the crew cab because I've got three teenagers, and they have plenty of room on a five hour run to the cabin. It's got a REAL back seat. I point this truck up a mountain, and it just wants more. I would look for the XLT. The XLs are often commercial fleet trucks and not treated well. The Lariats are nice, but if that leather hasn't been very well maintained, well, you get the idea. The very first thing to always check is the air filter box clips. if they look loose of broken, walk away. The truck has likely ingested dust for about a $10,000 repair bill. an aftermarket air intake is a must. Don't fear a couple hundred thousand miles, these trucks can take it if they've seen reasonable care. At current values, these are awesome. Powerful, capable, dependable, good looking, and very comfortable. Ford knocked this one out of the park! A shame it wasn't produced longer."

I wish I bought 2 of these

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "This truck hauls heavy and is comfortable to be in"

Cons: "cup holders suck beyond belief"

"I used this truck to haul horses from Colorado to Wyoming and back. 18 mpg @ 80mph. 6 speed makes this rig great. I keep thinking of getting a newer truck but when I test them out, I love the 7.3L diesel with the 6 speed and I don't want a chip or a dually. This is the best truck I have ever had and I just think I'll keep it unit she dies an honorable death. No major problems on engine. Rebuilt xfer case @ 185000; 3rd clutch; religious about fluids. Plain awesome truck."

great truck, always certain interior problems.

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "extremely reliable, lots of power when you need it"

Cons: "steering column wiring always a problem"

"I own this truck. Transmission was too light until I got one from Brian's Truck Shop in North Arkansas. He makes 'em from scratch, best ever. Every Ford truck I've had always had same problems: wiring in the steering column gives all kinds of problems for wipers and cruise control disengages when hitting a bump every so often (not every time). Advise getting dual alternators if you get a diesel like mine (7.3L). Don't get anything in Ford diesel except a 7.3L. The other Ford diesels are just trash."

6.0 Diesel

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "Great style in and out"

Cons: "6.0 Diesel"

"The truck is excellent except for the 6.0 Diesel. That first gen 6.0 is total trash! If your looking stay away from 2003-2005. After 2005 there great, less problems."

Best Vehicle Ever to Own

By on Thursday, October 1, 2009

"The 7.3 Diesel is a work horse and nothing that Ford has produced thus far matches it in performance and gas miliage!!! If you are lucky enough to find one of this in the market I would suggest that you grab it quickly as they dont last long!!! Save yourself some pain and dont purchase the 6.0 at all and it you are looking at the 6.4 not to bad of a truck BUT the gas miliage dosent even come close to the 7.3 nor does the performance and dont let ANY Salesman tell you diferently as they know way down deep inside the 7.3 is the only WAY TO GO!!! FORD do yourselves a favor and BRING THIS ENGINE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Most Reliable Truck

By on Tuesday, January 27, 2009

"We own 2 F-350s with over 150,000mi on them both. Ones a 2000 and the other is a 2003, both 7.3L's 4x4. A suggestion when you get one and want it to last is to put a transmission pressure lock on if your going to tow with it because Ford designs them to slip into gear which won't last long. We SuperChipped them both and are getting 19.5mpg loaded or not. Our friend owns a 6.0L and the new 6.4L and says they are both terrible designs. He tows or Hotshots accross America for a living and he uses the 7.3L and only the 7.3L. They're just not built to tow and work like the 7.3L If your driving around town it would be good for that but not for towing."

Truck or Edsel?

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"One should note that this is the 6.0 diesel, see my review on the 7.3 I have also. Truck is stylish, no prob w drive train, but the engine, although lotsa power and good MPG with trailers, has caused it to be in the shop more than out, injectors, sensors, wiring have cost $10,000 more than the 7.3 did which has 50K more miles. Always wondering when the next breakdown is gonna be and how much it will cost Lifelong Ford owner, but seriously thinkin about a Dodge"

Worried

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"My '04 Super Duty has been great until I started pulling my new horse trailer. So far, one head gasket and on my most recent cross country trip, one EGR cooler. I took it to a Ford truck Center in California when the EGR cooler went out and was told by the Service Rep that he had the same engine in his truck and worried about it everyday. Said the 6.0 is great for a family vehicle, but when you put a trailer on it, or heavy duty use, the engine just doesn't hold up. Of course that made me feel better, considering I only have 40K miles on it and already have been on the side of the road with it twice."

2003 F-350 CREW

By on Monday, August 13, 2007

"Overall very satisfied with the 7.3 diesel. Really happy I did not buy the 6.0. Once broke in it got great mpg. 18 before the chip, and 20 with the chip. Towing my 30' fifth wheel camper (13,000) lbs, 14mpg. Had to replace rear wheel bearings at 38,000, ball joints at 52,000. Truck is up to whatever I put behind it towing, and has a nice, much quieter inside than previous powerstrokes. Also rides suprisingly well for a F-350. Not looking forward to trading this one in. Not at all impressed with the 6.0, or the new 6.4 twin turbo. Both lack h.p. compared to the other big 2. Ford needs to go back to the old 7.3 diesel. Why fix what wasn't broke?"

Great Truck

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"I own 2 2002 models, and other year Superduties as well. I have never been left stranded by any of my trucks, and they perform well in temps in the neg 20's, thats as cold as I have gone in them anyway. I work from them and play from them, I use them in all facets of my life. To put it simply, the Superduty trucks will always be my first choice."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F350 Super Duty Crew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals