2006 Ford F250 Super Duty Super Cab

8.4

Based on 476 Ratings for the 2005 - 2007 models.

Awesome truck

By on Thursday, February 26, 2009

"This was my second F250, my first being an '04. The truck is very strong, and tows my 34ft. 10k fifth wheel camper like it's not even there. Transmission is smooth and tight. Powerstroke engine is also smooth, although louder than it's competitors. My only complaint with the drive train is the turbo-lag; the powerstroke doesn't make much power at all until the turbo spools up. Once it does, though... look out! The truck is definitely a well-built truck. The heavy frame soaks up the bumps with no shimmy. The interior is nice looking although some pieces don't seem to fit together properly. It does take a 40 acre field to turn this baby around, much more than my new truck (Dodge 2500). The mileage is okay; 12 in town and almost 20 hwy if I go real slow. If you want a strong, heavy truck for real towing, I don't think you can beat it. My only other complaint is the cruise control is the worst I have ever seen. It was the same in my 04 F250. You may be going 5 miles an hour faster or slower than your set speed at any given time, and no, that's not towing; that's an empty truck. If you set it climbing a hill on the interstate and let off the fuel you will get run over, then you will burn 3 gallons of diesel to get back to your set speed and well beyond. It's a pain and it shouldn't be that way in a 50k truck. But despite these minor aggravations, I would buy another one (but only with lots of incentives)."

By on Thursday, September 24, 2009

"we have owned gmc dodge and ford. had some trouble with the dodges but they get really good fuel mileage. the gmc is great but no room. the 2006 ford has better acrleration and pulls better than both and lotsa room. had it for 10 thousand miles bought it with 50,000 on it. no problems put a bully dog chip on and its getting 19 everywhere, cant beat that and it runs really well. never thought i would like fords but im thinking i dont even need my really nice gmc half ton any more"

best

By on Tuesday, September 1, 2009

"i've had this vehicle for 5 yrs, and i can safely say its the best truck i've ever owned. i am 59 yrs old and trucks is all i've ever drove, and believe me i've had all of them. this one is at the top of the list, and i can promise you if i ever have to get another one it will be another ford 250 crew cab."

i like this truck

By on Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pros: "super ride at highway speeds, great for towing"

Cons: "expensive routine service"

"I hear horror stories but mine has been good. Replaced egr cooler and oil cooler at 135,000 miles for $2200. My mechanic recommended stock ford parts and that is what I did. still pure stock and runs fine. I get 17-18 mpg and I think I will keep it for a long time."

Awesome truck

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

Pros: "power, interior space, style, reliability"

"I have always wanted a ford 3/4 or 1 ton truck. I bought this truck over a year ago and love it. Its diesel and has more power and even though its only 3/4 ton it cant be easily loaded down. It drives awesome and gets decent mileage for the truck. I recommend this truck!!"

I love this truck!

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pros: "mechanically sound, great longevity on tires and b"

"I have heard the complaints of the 6.0L Diesel but I seriously have had zero problems with this truck. I have towed a 20' long enclosed trailer all over the southeast loaded with 4 motorcycles; I've been off road in the mountains; I've driven on 1000 mile trips. She just keeps on purring. I get approx 17mpg/ 20mpg hwy. I got 80K miles on the factory tires and 120K miles on the brakes. Well worth the money I paid for it."

Great truck

By on Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"Bought new, ordered exactly as wanted. After six years has never been in the shop. Naturally rides a little rough empty but very nice with a load. Twice a year carried fairly heavy loads. Would forget I had a load it drove so smoothly. Only disappointment was that I couldnt get a thermometer without the Lariet. Most comfortable truck out of about 6 that Ive owned."

Lemon

By on Friday, May 14, 2010

"Transmission failed at 45,000 miles, $4300 to fix. Replacement transmission (also Ford) failed after 900 miles. Alternator failed at 50,000 miles. 20" alloy rim split at bead seat while wheels stored in garage over winter. Ford says "to bad, so sad". We have a replacement for $800. Service manager agreed not caused by abuse/overload, offered nothing. Will never, ever, own another ford product. Complete piece of garbage"

By on Saturday, December 27, 2008

"In one yr I have put 6 coils, fuel pump, among other running problems. A total of 3 thousand dollars. The worst truck that I have owned. My last truck, Chevrolet, had 300,000 miles with no problems. Should have kept the Chev."

Best truck I've owned; however...

By on Friday, March 7, 2014

Pros: "workhorse, comfortable for a family of 5"

Cons: "body rust showing through"

"This truck has lived up to it's reputation and them some. Not once has it been back to the dealer for an issue. Routine maintenance was all it ever had. The only beef I have with Ford is the rust issue over the rear wheel wells. They knew about it and never issued a recall because it was never a safety issue. The body will fall off before it stops running. Too bad because the truck otherwise looks and runs brand new."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F250 Super Duty Super Cab near Honolulu. See local deals