• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2006 Ford F250 Super Duty Super Cab

8.4

Based on 470 Ratings for the 2005 - 2007 models.

Awesome truck

By on Thursday, February 26, 2009

"This was my second F250, my first being an '04. The truck is very strong, and tows my 34ft. 10k fifth wheel camper like it's not even there. Transmission is smooth and tight. Powerstroke engine is also smooth, although louder than it's competitors. My only complaint with the drive train is the turbo-lag; the powerstroke doesn't make much power at all until the turbo spools up. Once it does, though... look out! The truck is definitely a well-built truck. The heavy frame soaks up the bumps with no shimmy. The interior is nice looking although some pieces don't seem to fit together properly. It does take a 40 acre field to turn this baby around, much more than my new truck (Dodge 2500). The mileage is okay; 12 in town and almost 20 hwy if I go real slow. If you want a strong, heavy truck for real towing, I don't think you can beat it. My only other complaint is the cruise control is the worst I have ever seen. It was the same in my 04 F250. You may be going 5 miles an hour faster or slower than your set speed at any given time, and no, that's not towing; that's an empty truck. If you set it climbing a hill on the interstate and let off the fuel you will get run over, then you will burn 3 gallons of diesel to get back to your set speed and well beyond. It's a pain and it shouldn't be that way in a 50k truck. But despite these minor aggravations, I would buy another one (but only with lots of incentives)."

Best looking, hardest working truck.

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pros: "most truck for the money."

Cons: "havent found any yet."

"have many many hard miles on truck and not one single problem. bought used at 130k miles and now over 200 not a single problem."

Great Overall Truck

By on Monday, September 10, 2007

"I held out for the '05 model to get the newer interior/exterior, Tow Command system, updated suspension and other improvements. I am glad I did. This Crew Cab Lariat Long Box is my everyday family driver, along with my work truck in one package. We take it on family trips as it is comfortable and we feel safe in the "beast". The ride is firm, but not abrasive (as a truck should be). The fuel mileage is increasing as the miles increase. It ran great stock and runs even better with a mild tuner (with safety features), exhaust and intake kitI have never got less than 13.5 MPG (empty/city) and now am up to 14.75 MPG consistently (empty/city). HWY MPG ranges from 16.5-19 MPG and towing our 30' travel tralier yields an average of 10 MPG, while pulling it effortlessly. It pulls strong and is quiet, especially when on the HWY at cruising speeds. The automatic tranny and Tow Command System works flawlessy and is the smoothest trailer break setup I have ever used. I feel the TorqueShift tranny is comporable to the Chevy Allison transmission. I have had none of the problems associated with the earlier 6.0L models, only a couple of minor things that never left me stranded and were effortlessly taken care of under warranty. Very few complaints on this truck; I found the white paint chips easily (compared to my last Ford), despite keeping excellent care of the truck (very little time off-road). Quality is very good overall, but would expect when paying this kind of money for a truck they would be completely flawless. Overall, it's a great truck that I plan to drive for 15 more years. All fluids are changed out to synthetic and I look forward to many more years that the truck will be part of the family, trouble free. I feel these Ford's are the best looking trucks and still have the most rigid undercarriage of any other full size truck on the market and would highly recommend one to others."

Love this truck!

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

"The big 450 engine gets us everywhere we want to go. The engine will still be going long after the body rusts off. There are lots of cosmetic problems that I wish Ford had improved, but the engine is fantastic. I love this truck. We're almost at 300,000 miles and still going!"

Best Vehicle I have ever owned

By on Sunday, January 10, 2010

"Bought the vehicle new. I usually only keep a pickup 2 years but love the comfort and way this pickup rides as I have had my back broken in several places. This is the only vehicle I can ride in 6+ hours and still walk. My fuel mileage is great for this size trk. 19 to 22 mph highway and 14mph pulling a travel trailer or horse trailer. Love this pickup. I have owned it 5 years."

By on Thursday, September 24, 2009

"we have owned gmc dodge and ford. had some trouble with the dodges but they get really good fuel mileage. the gmc is great but no room. the 2006 ford has better acrleration and pulls better than both and lotsa room. had it for 10 thousand miles bought it with 50,000 on it. no problems put a bully dog chip on and its getting 19 everywhere, cant beat that and it runs really well. never thought i would like fords but im thinking i dont even need my really nice gmc half ton any more"

best i ever had

By on Friday, April 10, 2009

"owend cummins and duramax no wonder ther goin banckrupt for is far better do alot of pulling every day never lets me down cant say the same for my dodge or chevy i programed mine up so it will pull and smoke a charger thru the qurter mile no problem about 25 hwy 15 city if i am easy on it"

Great Vehicle. Can Really Find Them Cheap

By on Saturday, January 07, 2012

Pros: "Paid $5500 for the 05, Great Room"

Cons: "This XL does not have cruise"

"I have had two Ford 6.0Ls diesels. My first one was a 2003 f-250 ECSB 2wd 6.0L AT. It had 290,000 when our horse trailer hydroplaned and totaled the truck and trailer. If it was not for the truck holding together as well as it did, i believe both me and my wife would not be here today. Remarkably the truck could have pulled out of the wreckage had it not been lodged on a tree stump. My replacement is the 05 F-250 XL CCLB 6.0L AT 2WD. It had 255,000 when i bought it and currently has 274,000 on it with no issues. I have deleted the EGR system, put a 4" exhaust kit from MBRP and have been driving the wheels off of it. Although it is long, its built Ford tough and hauls anything i put behind it. Both trucks have gotten 19.5-22 on the highway."

Very Nice Truck

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

"Workhorse of a truck. Diesel mileage is not bad (14.5 miles average city and highway). Rides like a truck if not towing or hauling materials. Rides smooth with trailer and/or load. Had 20 bailes of hay in bed without any issues. Bought new, and just passed 100,000 miles. Other than replacing the alternater, no issues with maintenance. Anticipate keeping truck until it dies, and would recommend anyone needing a truck to consider the F-250 Crew Cab with a diesel engine."

Glad I bought an '06 King Ranch

By on Saturday, July 24, 2010

"After hearing all kinds of negative stuff about the 2005 6.0L Turbo Deisel I was apprehensive about buying an '06 with one. After four years of trouble free service I can say with out a doubt it was a great buy. The King Ranch interior is classy and tough. I pull trailers in excess of 10,000 lbs regularly. Still has all the power I need. Every year since I bought this one I have looked at the new models and they give me no reason what so ever to give up what I now have. This is my third F250 Super Duty."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F250 Super Duty Super Cab near Honolulu. See local deals