• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2003 Ford F250 Super Duty Super Cab

Based on 1261 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

Best truck I have ever owned

By on Sunday, October 06, 2013

"Since I have owned this truck it has never left me stranded, 240k and she still runs like new. by far the best truck i have ever owned."

Rock solid truck

By on Monday, December 31, 2012

Pros: "Tough"

Cons: "Drives a little loose compared to newer trucks"

"I bought this truck new in 2000 and it has been amazingly trouble free. I now have 156000 miles of off road, hard work, snow driving, and heavy towing. The only problems have been a front wheel bearing at 120K, a water pump at 150K, and the electric door lock actuators at 50K (Ford should have warranted these but hey didn't). I expect this truck to last 300K plus."

owned it for a few years now. great.

By on Friday, September 20, 2013

Pros: "durable, reliable, fun"

Cons: "its only a super cab, wish i had a crew cab."

"put it through its paces every day. fun to drive and reliable. ive done my best to abuse it every once and a while and its impressed me with its durability. towing is aawesome with this pickup also."

Great Vehicle for towing, long trips, winter.

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

Pros: "Well built, great engine"

Cons: "maneuverability"

"I was somewhat hesitant to get the crew cab version of this truck but turned out to be a great choice. The extra doors provide easy access for shopping items and passengers. The 7.3L diesel will pull a large trailer with ease and get 14 MPG. Unloaded freeway mileage is 18-20 MPG depending on speed. This is a big truck and maneuverability in tight places requires pre-planning but road handling is great with good cornering, straight tracking, and plenty of power while sitting above cars and water spray. A minor engine oil leak at 60k taken care of under warranty. For long trips or taking the family skiing, camping, or boating the overall quality and utility of the Ford F250 Lariat 4x4 Crew Cab is hard to beat."

2002 F-250 7.3L 2WD EXT CAB

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2008

"This is an excellent truck for towing. The 7.3L Powerstroke is bulletproof and has loads of torque. There is "no replacement for DISPLACEMENT" and the 7.3L does not sacrifice much fuel economy as compared to the 5.9 Cummins. I get 17.5 MPG HWY with my truck empty and no chip. 223,000 miles and it is still going strong. The power door locks and the lower ball joints are a definate weak spot for almost all Ford Super-Dutys. Also, the seats and the suspension are not nearly as comfortable as the Chevy 2500HD. The Chevy has much more room in the back seat of the extended cab--10 in. more according to Kelley Blue Book. For Work--Choose FORD, For Comfort--Choose CHEVY."

Rust Rust Rust and dumb stuff

By on Saturday, March 22, 2008

"Replaced upper/lower ball joints at 50,000. Differential cover had a rust hole at 40,000 and at 55,000 I now have to replace pinion bearings in rear. Also 40,000 the brake line rusted out. Rear rotors and pads rusted and replaced. Throttle body and tps replaced under warranty. Trans cover keeps coming loose. Manual shifter has a sloppy feel. Clutch pedal pin is missing on one side under the spring causing it to only come back half way until you mive it with your foot. Motor runs great and has decent power for 5.4. No problems from drive train. No interior wear or rattles at 55k. Was owned by my 45yr old father until 50k. I've been fixin things since I got it!"

2000 Ford F250 V10

By on Thursday, February 21, 2008

"This is the best truck I have EVER owned! In this truck lies only 1 problem! It has NO turn ratio! Given that, it is worth the trade to have this great truck!"

Solid Truck

By on Thursday, February 14, 2008

"I have owned my 2004 Lariat w/ the 6.0L Deisel since new and love it. I only had a few minor issues under warranty at about 10K, but Ford took care of them. I haul a 35ft Toy Haulr loaded with Quads & bikes and this thing pulls like a champ. I have 81K and have it serviced with Mobil Delvac synthetic every 6K miles with no motor issues at all. Tranny has been rock solid as well. The only minor complaint is intermittent door rattles that come and go like a ghost - can never track them down nor could the dealer. Other than that, it's a workhorse."

Disappointed

By on Friday, October 12, 2007

"The 6.0 turbo diesel is unreliable, I bouught it new and have been meticulous about care and service intervals. I was towing a two horse trailer (with horses( and it the engine cut out as I was making a turn. Braking and turning is difficult when you have no engine power. Then I read on the internet that this engine was known to cut out with no warning.HMMMM...seems that could be dangerous, why was there no recall? At the same time it when it would cut out with no warning it would surge forward 8 to 10 feet, at a stop light even with my foot heavy on the brake. It has been in the shop more than 30 days at one time. Until now I have been a loyal Ford fan. I have heard that some owners love this truck and it is never in the shop, and then there are people like me that find it always in the shop and unreliable."

junk

By on Sunday, October 07, 2007

"this has to have been the worst diesel i have ever owned , i have had 7 all from ford and the 6.0 is trash i recomend that ford carries on wit the 7.3 which was in my former truck which i had for 8 years and had 341000 miles on it , this motor has been junk from the start i have replaced the turbo's twice the injectors twice the motor has had to have been rebuilt 2 times in only 80000 miles this is my second trany from new and today i pulled out in front of a lady kicked it down and i felt it slip , come on i am a ford man till the end but this was one thing gone bad"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F250 Super Duty Super Cab near Honolulu. See local deals