• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2001 Ford F250 Super Duty Super Cab

Based on 1261 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

Best truck I have ever owned

By on Sunday, October 06, 2013

"Since I have owned this truck it has never left me stranded, 240k and she still runs like new. by far the best truck i have ever owned."

Rock solid truck

By on Monday, December 31, 2012

Pros: "Tough"

Cons: "Drives a little loose compared to newer trucks"

"I bought this truck new in 2000 and it has been amazingly trouble free. I now have 156000 miles of off road, hard work, snow driving, and heavy towing. The only problems have been a front wheel bearing at 120K, a water pump at 150K, and the electric door lock actuators at 50K (Ford should have warranted these but hey didn't). I expect this truck to last 300K plus."

Best Truck Ever!

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pros: "About the most economical large vehicle to buy"

Cons: "Only Con is ford quit making the 7.3L engine."

"123k Miles and it has never gone back to dealer. Original brakes lasted 90k Miles, I am getting 50k miles or more on a set of tires. It drives as tight as the day it was when new. The body and Paint along with interior still look new which in itself is amazing for 123k miles. No fading or peeling of paint, everything still works. About the most maintenance free vehicle I have ever owned. Proper oil changes and fuel filter changes 1 set of brake pads, 2 sets of tires. Excellent fuel economy. The 7.3L Trucks just ROCK. Even with a LARGE car hauler trailer behind it I am getting 12.5mpg vs only 6.4mpg with my 2008 6.4L towing same trailer in same conditions! Best part is it is probably only 25% used up."

This truck rides like a cadillac

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "Great to drive feel safe in this vehicle"

Cons: "Diesel fuel cost to much."

"I put the Attitude Edge Chip in this truck and 17 inch wheels and tires 10Ply along with a B/W 5Th wheel hitch and it has a towing pkg. We pull a 37 ft. fifth wheel and don't even know it is behind us. This is a diesel that gets 12 mpg while towing fifth wheel, and 16mpg in the mountains of Tn. Also has heavy duty suspension."

i would buy another. great truck

By on Friday, December 07, 2012

"owned for 4 years. been in repair shop 1 time. problem with vacuum line for the automatic 4 wheel drive. great power with the V10, compared to the V8. plow snow and pull skid steer with it. driving local get 11 mpg. trip 14 mpg. Dont run enough miles to justify a diesel."

I Love this truck

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Cons: "Gas Milage really blows/ Large tank"

"I have had my 2000 ford f250 super duty for two years and i could not love it any more then i do. It is reliable, comfortable, And if i needed it to, it would pull my house off the foundation!"

owned it for a few years now. great.

By on Friday, September 20, 2013

Pros: "durable, reliable, fun"

Cons: "its only a super cab, wish i had a crew cab."

"put it through its paces every day. fun to drive and reliable. ive done my best to abuse it every once and a while and its impressed me with its durability. towing is aawesome with this pickup also."

Great Vehicle for towing, long trips, winter.

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

Pros: "Well built, great engine"

Cons: "maneuverability"

"I was somewhat hesitant to get the crew cab version of this truck but turned out to be a great choice. The extra doors provide easy access for shopping items and passengers. The 7.3L diesel will pull a large trailer with ease and get 14 MPG. Unloaded freeway mileage is 18-20 MPG depending on speed. This is a big truck and maneuverability in tight places requires pre-planning but road handling is great with good cornering, straight tracking, and plenty of power while sitting above cars and water spray. A minor engine oil leak at 60k taken care of under warranty. For long trips or taking the family skiing, camping, or boating the overall quality and utility of the Ford F250 Lariat 4x4 Crew Cab is hard to beat."

2002 F-250 7.3L 2WD EXT CAB

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2008

"This is an excellent truck for towing. The 7.3L Powerstroke is bulletproof and has loads of torque. There is "no replacement for DISPLACEMENT" and the 7.3L does not sacrifice much fuel economy as compared to the 5.9 Cummins. I get 17.5 MPG HWY with my truck empty and no chip. 223,000 miles and it is still going strong. The power door locks and the lower ball joints are a definate weak spot for almost all Ford Super-Dutys. Also, the seats and the suspension are not nearly as comfortable as the Chevy 2500HD. The Chevy has much more room in the back seat of the extended cab--10 in. more according to Kelley Blue Book. For Work--Choose FORD, For Comfort--Choose CHEVY."

Rust Rust Rust and dumb stuff

By on Saturday, March 22, 2008

"Replaced upper/lower ball joints at 50,000. Differential cover had a rust hole at 40,000 and at 55,000 I now have to replace pinion bearings in rear. Also 40,000 the brake line rusted out. Rear rotors and pads rusted and replaced. Throttle body and tps replaced under warranty. Trans cover keeps coming loose. Manual shifter has a sloppy feel. Clutch pedal pin is missing on one side under the spring causing it to only come back half way until you mive it with your foot. Motor runs great and has decent power for 5.4. No problems from drive train. No interior wear or rattles at 55k. Was owned by my 45yr old father until 50k. I've been fixin things since I got it!"

2000 Ford F250 V10

By on Thursday, February 21, 2008

"This is the best truck I have EVER owned! In this truck lies only 1 problem! It has NO turn ratio! Given that, it is worth the trade to have this great truck!"

Solid Truck

By on Thursday, February 14, 2008

"I have owned my 2004 Lariat w/ the 6.0L Deisel since new and love it. I only had a few minor issues under warranty at about 10K, but Ford took care of them. I haul a 35ft Toy Haulr loaded with Quads & bikes and this thing pulls like a champ. I have 81K and have it serviced with Mobil Delvac synthetic every 6K miles with no motor issues at all. Tranny has been rock solid as well. The only minor complaint is intermittent door rattles that come and go like a ghost - can never track them down nor could the dealer. Other than that, it's a workhorse."

Disappointed

By on Friday, October 12, 2007

"The 6.0 turbo diesel is unreliable, I bouught it new and have been meticulous about care and service intervals. I was towing a two horse trailer (with horses( and it the engine cut out as I was making a turn. Braking and turning is difficult when you have no engine power. Then I read on the internet that this engine was known to cut out with no warning.HMMMM...seems that could be dangerous, why was there no recall? At the same time it when it would cut out with no warning it would surge forward 8 to 10 feet, at a stop light even with my foot heavy on the brake. It has been in the shop more than 30 days at one time. Until now I have been a loyal Ford fan. I have heard that some owners love this truck and it is never in the shop, and then there are people like me that find it always in the shop and unreliable."

junk

By on Sunday, October 07, 2007

"this has to have been the worst diesel i have ever owned , i have had 7 all from ford and the 6.0 is trash i recomend that ford carries on wit the 7.3 which was in my former truck which i had for 8 years and had 341000 miles on it , this motor has been junk from the start i have replaced the turbo's twice the injectors twice the motor has had to have been rebuilt 2 times in only 80000 miles this is my second trany from new and today i pulled out in front of a lady kicked it down and i felt it slip , come on i am a ford man till the end but this was one thing gone bad"

EXTREMELY RELIABLE

By on Saturday, June 14, 2014

"THIS HAS BEEN A GREAT TRUCK, VERY RELIABLE, THE 7.3 LITRE DIESEL IS BULLET PROOF."

2002 Ford Super Duty

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pros: "Very well made"

Cons: "Rides a little stiff"

"I bought this truck new, and I have been more than happy with it. It averages 13.7 miles per gallon in town driving and can get 17 miles per gallon on the road. I have owned several Fords trucks in the past and this is the best truck that I have ever owned."

Best truck ever just got a new 2012

By on Saturday, November 03, 2012

Pros: "great poqwer and comfort"

Cons: "gas hog."

"Love this truck hate to see it go , but hey,, got a new one , my only issue is that the new one is a 6.2...ouch. i am a flooring contractor and some time on gym demolitions i use a bobcat . it tows it up hills like nothing is hooked to it . i live in the high desert and some winter starts have been an issue with the 7.3 but hay 340K ,,,,, if the wife would not nag id still have it!!!"

By on Thursday, November 01, 2012

Pros: "f 250 can do about anything"

Cons: "sure wish I had a crew cab with leather"

"The v-10 in my F250 is a power house gets 10-12 mpg in town and 12-16 mpg highway hook my camper to it and it drops to 7mpg but it sure pulls nice lots of get up and go.Put a snow plow on it can sure move the snow. Have'nt had much trouble out of it put new ball joint in it all is well love the truck"

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

"My 00 f250 has been great no problems at all the wosrt thing about it is obviously gas milage but i put a K"

Power to get you there and back!

By on Thursday, February 09, 2012

Pros: "Power, Torque in a gas motor"

Cons: "Not the best on gas"

"This pickup has the power to get you about anywhere you need to go and get you back home. I have used it to pull a livestock trailer on long trips without problem, and have even skidded a building a few feet with it, again no problem. It doesn't get the greatest gas mileage, but if you want a powerful truck, there are tradeoffs. A great all-around truck for work and play!"

This one of the best vehicles i ever owned

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "Strong engine, smooth ride, great gas mileage"

Cons: "No exhaust brake"

Great Truck, looks great too!

"I have had no problems with this truck. I have the 7.3L deisel and added the banks turbo upgrade kit, exhaust brake and trasn brake controller. I tow a 10K pound trailer all over the west coast and the truck has no problems pulling even the toughest hills. I get 20MPG driving in the city and i have never got less than 14MPG towing. Great truck, plenty of interior room for my family. I added the DVD player to keep the kids occupied. I think this is required i think for any long trip anymore. ALl 3 of my kids have plenty of room to move around so they are not cramped. Pleasent of legroom for me (over 6' 2"). Comfortable seals, i have heated seats for the winter and the truck starts with no problems ever."

Great Truck, looks great too!

Great Truckl!!!!!1

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pros: "strong built like a tank"

Cons: "huge"

"Thhis things drive great. Takes some getting use to the size especially since its my first car. It handles beautifully."

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

"This truck can pull anything and everything and the 7.3 can run forever. Only bad thing is that it's bad on fuel. only about 9-12mpg with 4:10 gears. But overal great truck"

h#!! yeah!

By on Friday, January 08, 2010

"Powerstrokes r way too much fun and powerful, must be the name POWERSTROKE! Not a truck for pansys! The sad thing is i am not even a ford fan and i love this truck! Well other then it only being a 2 wheel drive and getting stuck in puddles! On the up side of things this truck can pull anything you can attach a chain too! Iwas looking for a dodge when i found this truck for good price had only 149000 miles on it barely broke in. thanks for listening to me rave about my truck!"

Perfect Truck

By on Monday, October 26, 2009

"2002, 7.3L Powerstroke 4X4. If you notice everyone except I hate FordDiesels loves this truck (probably put gas in the tank instead of Diesel). That is because it is great for power, comfort, dependable, and mileage. I get 24 mpg on highway empty, and will pull any load at any speed, (trust me I know). I pull a 32' Car hauler and moved my whole house inside it last year w/ 12,000lbs half way across country! 165,000 miles and only bought Batteries and oil changes."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F250 Super Duty Super Cab near Honolulu. See local deals