• Editors' Page: 2014 Pickup Trucks

2006 Ford F250 Super Duty Regular Cab

8.4

Based on 454 Ratings for the 2005 - 2007 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Phenomenal Vehichle for the money

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

"I have owned my truck for approximately 4 years and it has been nothing but reliable and dependable for me. I cannot think of one time it has left me stranded. I was told that because it was a 6.0 diesel that it was more trouble than it was worth. I have always used MOPAR parts and accessories and this is the reason it has done so well. If you are looking for a good reliable vehicle, this is it!"

Solid Ford rig.

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

"Good all around rig. I personally wish I had bought the diesel engine. The 5.4L tows less and gets horrible mileage. I am going to change the gear ratio to the 4.11 gears to get some additional pulling power. The back seat in the "super cab" ( not the crew ) is on the small side for adults. That being said I still love this truck and will own Fords as long as they put out a decent truck."

Love this truck!

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

"The big 450 engine gets us everywhere we want to go. The engine will still be going long after the body rusts off. There are lots of cosmetic problems that I wish Ford had improved, but the engine is fantastic. I love this truck. We're almost at 300,000 miles and still going!"

large comfortable interiour, great power for towin

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "great power, large comfortable interior"

Cons: "expensive tires, maintaince 3x gasoline conterpart"

"i have owned this truck for over three years. i purchased it used with 92k. It now has 119k It has been used almost exclusively for towing. it gets between 13-14 MPG towing a 8k load at highway speeds (posted speed limits) It average's 14 city 17 Hwy No load driving. the best mileage i have seen is 20 MPG Highway . the interior is large and comfortable over long distances. The ride is a little stiff when the truck is running light but smooths out when towing a load."

i do love this oick up truck …a lot

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

"a really exelen truck"

Best truck I've owned; however...

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

Pros: "workhorse, comfortable for a family of 5"

Cons: "body rust showing through"

"This truck has lived up to it's reputation and them some. Not once has it been back to the dealer for an issue. Routine maintenance was all it ever had. The only beef I have with Ford is the rust issue over the rear wheel wells. They knew about it and never issued a recall because it was never a safety issue. The body will fall off before it stops running. Too bad because the truck otherwise looks and runs brand new."

Last of the Real work horse Trucks

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

"I am the 2nd owner from 60,000 miles. I have had no issues with this truck or any Ford I have owned. I driver around 16-20,000 miles a year. I drive hard but I also maintain my trucks. I have never been left on the side of the road or regretted owning. Good Built Dependable and reliable."

Always dependable

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Quality truck"

"Outstanding vehicle"

Mine, will probably keep many years!

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, carries all we need for trips."

Cons: "Cannot not pull our 40 bumper pull Rv as is."

"It has made trips to west coast and LA and still is very comfortable and has good mileage. Has grill guard and full length camper shell!"

A beast of a truck!

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

"This truck got all its mileage from plowing snow and has yet to fail me. Other than regular maintenance the wiper blades, battery and tires are the only things I have replaced."

Great Truck

By on Monday, October 14, 2013

Pros: "lots of power, very strong, great off road"

Cons: "gas mileage in town is about 15-16"

Towing

"Great diesel engine really powerful gets 21 MPG cruising at 55-70. Awesome towing vehicle with tons of power."

Towing

ABSOLUTE BEAST!

By on Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Pros: "Awesome"

Cons: "Parking, high-centering, fuel consumption"

"Great truck. It will pull, climb, push, or drag just about anything. Mine is a 2006 Crew cab LWB FX4 with the 6.0L International. This truck goes up a 50 degree grade on a hillside like it's nothing. Been loaded down, and still gets decent fuel mileage. She's alittle cold natured like most diesels. Got enough room for my wife, son, daughter and me. And would have room for another if I wasn't such a pack rat. Have had mine since 2009-2013. Minimal repairs: fan clutch, clutch cylinder assembly, FICM, and a pinion seal. Not too bad."

Great Truck

By on Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pros: "Great truck, Dependable."

Cons: "MPG gets about 12 - 15 mpg city & 18 highway"

"Have had NO problem with this truck! As a former diesel mechanic I do the maintenance myself. New updated oil cooler, new updated egr cooler. Oil and coolant bypass filters. Transmission is strong, never any problem starting or running, I haul heavy loads from time to time cross country, NO problems. I corrected all the weak links as listed above including blue spring upgrade for fuel pressure. So far have not had any head gasket problems but i dont race the truck either. The 6.0L diesel is a good engine if properly maintained. I run Rotella synthetic T-6 oil (5 W 40)in engine. flush cooling system and refill with fresh ford GOLD collant every 2 years, and keep by pass filters changed every other 2nd oil change. Maintenance is the key!! These upgrades should have been paid for by International or Ford as well as the stretched head bolt problem. This is expensive to have to pay to have it done! In my case it was my time and the cost of the materials, still expensive!"

Best Truck ever!

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pros: "All"

"I have owned my 2005 F250 for 3 years. No problems with this truck at all. Regular maintenance is expensive however it is a Diesel truck. Pulls and stops with confidence. Mileage is fair, 13-15 in town, 18-21 highway and pulling a 30" 5th wheel camper, fully loaded 10-12 mpg's, though no one advertises this, which should considering how expensive these trucks are. Very happy to own this truck. Ford has done a fantastic job of making this truck reliable, comfortable and good looking as well. Many happy miles to go and thats a fact."

i like this truck

By on Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pros: "super ride at highway speeds, great for towing"

Cons: "expensive routine service"

"I hear horror stories but mine has been good. Replaced egr cooler and oil cooler at 135,000 miles for $2200. My mechanic recommended stock ford parts and that is what I did. still pure stock and runs fine. I get 17-18 mpg and I think I will keep it for a long time."

Best, most reliable towing vehicle in its class

By on Wednesday, April 17, 2013

"This truck continues to amaze me, as a general, do anything vehicle, but especially when it comes to towing. I can load the bed over a ton of hay and haul 5 tons on a trailer, and I still have to watch my speed."

Very reliable,never in snow, looks brand new

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Pros: "Southern comfort addition"

"Very nice truck used very little to haul show cars"

I love this Turbo Diesel Beast!

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pros: "Power,Comfort,Reliability,Range,Turbo Sounds BA!"

Cons: "Fuel Economy is my biggest Issue, 16MPG on average"

"I am a very practical buyer and started out reviewing a truck that could easily tow a Fifth Wheel RV around the country for work. I tested out the Chevy's,Dodges and the Ford. It seemed that all three had their strengths and weaknesses on paper, kind of balancing each other out. The strength of the Ford is the drivetrain. I have had no issues with the 6L powerstroke as it has endured my daily torture tests for years without so much as a hiccup. Some complain about the reliability, those are the same fools buying the programmers to get another 100 horsepower, then want to cry about losing reliability. I have added a turbo-back exhaust (MBRP) to get a burlier sound and arguably better fuel economy. Back on track, I bought it because it was a practical choice, but found it to be a joy to drive. Comfort is a 10/10, never had a vehicle that did not absolutely kill me on 12+ hour drives. I am still fresh when parking this truck. Value for me should be a 10/10, it's worth more private party than I paid for it as a 3rd owner, but that will depend on negotiating skills. Reliability, no issues there, 9/10. Quality, had a rattle in the back seat after I figured out it comes out, no real room behind it so might want to leave it alone( I just put an old tshirt behind it, problem solved!)The Ford Hood (on the grill) emblems seem to fade out fairly fast, it doesn't bother me enough to change though. THIS IS ONE TOUGH TRUCK! Driving Dynamics were 8/10 because it's not a sports car, it will haul in a straight line, but what do you expect in the corners for a curb weight of 10,000 lb's? It actually does fairly well when you do consider the weight, it definately sticks to the road and has minimum roll. 500 mile range on 32 gallon tank and 4 wheel drive makes it pretty darn dynamic. Design 9/10, love the look of the exterior, get yourself some slightly oversized mud tires and you won't notice a difference in anything but it will look much better. Interior is satisfactory, much better than the Chevy or the Dodge, Chevy's don't redesign very often and the Dodge is plain compared to the well thought out Ford(IMHO).Comfort, You will love sitting up high, legs don't ache, back is well supported with plenty of lumbar range, best road trip vehicle I've owned. Overall, the reliability is a non-issue if you treat this truck like any other(don't go hog wild on the aftermarkets) which was my main concern before purchasing. Just use common sense, and this will be the best truck you have ever owned."

Avoid the Powerstroke Diesel at all costs

By on Saturday, May 26, 2012

I don't own this car

Pros: "Chicks dig 'em"

Cons: "With Diesel, everything is a Con"

"Harley Davidson Package. Great looking Big Powerful truck. Navistar Powerstroke Diesel... basically avoid this at all costs 2003 through 2007 models. here's what it can cost: EGR Cooler $3,800 each time it fails which could be often Head Gaskets $6000 and they are sure to fail at least once. If they do, it's 25 hours labour and they have to lift the cab off the truck. Rims- if you off-road, you'll crack them $1000 each Lug nuts- $20 each I heard the Gasoline powered ones are very good"

One of the best Pickups that I have owned.

By on Friday, April 20, 2012

Pros: "Well Built, reliable, can haul large loads"

Cons: "Poor Mileage, 6.0 legacy"

Brand new

"I have had a bunch of trucks over my life time (Chevy and Ford - no Dodge's). First truck was a 1950 ford f100, next came a 1958 Chevy 1500, next was a 1969 Chevy 1500 followed by a 1976 Chevy 2500 (other than my latest Ford, it was the best truck I have ever owned. This was followed by a 1994 2500 4x4 long bed. Worst truck I ever owned). I've had this truck new for last 7 years. Its been reliable, well built, and comfortable. This truck is used mostly for pleasure, and hauls large trailers (12klbs a few times a year, but it is a daily driver. Fuel mileage could be better, but beyond that, its a keeper"

Brand new

Great Truck!!!!

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "Power"

Cons: "Non"

"Great truck. Plenty of power!!"

The 6.0 is a piece of junk

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "Looks nice"

Cons: "every thing else"

"Do not ever own this model with the 6.0 in it. It will break every time you leave home."

DIESEL POWER!!!

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Lots of power, comfort."

"This truck is awesome!!!!!! I am the second owner> I purchased it with 30k on the gem, besides regular maintenance items.. I have only had one problem with it, it was a quick fix and ford took care of it fast! This truck hase been all over the usa and has never left us stranded."

Great Truck for everything, work, family, etc!!!

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, reliability, looks"

Cons: "wish better gas milage"

"This is my everyday truck, I work in an office so I didn't need such a big truck but I wanted it. I am very happy I got it. Plenty of room for family. Makes things easy when traveling. Much better gas milage than gas trucks. Great for mountains and beach. Only draw back is sometimes parking garages are just a little to small for this truck to fit into."

Not a great American Vehicle

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Nice looking body style, roomy interior"

Cons: "Everything else"

"I purchased this vehicle one year ago after being a Dodge fan for all my life. I figured it was time for a change and the price was right. I used to have a 99 F350 and loved it. Ran like a champ, so I figured a vehicle six years newer would be that much better. Well I am reporting I am not happy with this vehicle. There is a heavy front end shimmy that nothing can be done about. Several other '05 owners have experienced the same thing and I even received a letter from Ford acknowledging the fact their vehicle shutters at interstate speeds and there is nothing that can be done to fix it and its not a warranty or recall issue. I also have had to replace an injector, alternator and both batteries within one year of owning it. I am going back to the Dodge Cummins, I should have never traded it in for the 6.0L hunk of metal I got."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F250 Super Duty Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals