2005 Ford F250 Super Duty Regular Cab

8.4

Based on 471 Ratings for the 2005 - 2007 models.

Awesome truck

By on Thursday, February 26, 2009

"This was my second F250, my first being an '04. The truck is very strong, and tows my 34ft. 10k fifth wheel camper like it's not even there. Transmission is smooth and tight. Powerstroke engine is also smooth, although louder than it's competitors. My only complaint with the drive train is the turbo-lag; the powerstroke doesn't make much power at all until the turbo spools up. Once it does, though... look out! The truck is definitely a well-built truck. The heavy frame soaks up the bumps with no shimmy. The interior is nice looking although some pieces don't seem to fit together properly. It does take a 40 acre field to turn this baby around, much more than my new truck (Dodge 2500). The mileage is okay; 12 in town and almost 20 hwy if I go real slow. If you want a strong, heavy truck for real towing, I don't think you can beat it. My only other complaint is the cruise control is the worst I have ever seen. It was the same in my 04 F250. You may be going 5 miles an hour faster or slower than your set speed at any given time, and no, that's not towing; that's an empty truck. If you set it climbing a hill on the interstate and let off the fuel you will get run over, then you will burn 3 gallons of diesel to get back to your set speed and well beyond. It's a pain and it shouldn't be that way in a 50k truck. But despite these minor aggravations, I would buy another one (but only with lots of incentives)."

By on Thursday, September 24, 2009

"we have owned gmc dodge and ford. had some trouble with the dodges but they get really good fuel mileage. the gmc is great but no room. the 2006 ford has better acrleration and pulls better than both and lotsa room. had it for 10 thousand miles bought it with 50,000 on it. no problems put a bully dog chip on and its getting 19 everywhere, cant beat that and it runs really well. never thought i would like fords but im thinking i dont even need my really nice gmc half ton any more"

best

By on Tuesday, September 01, 2009

"i've had this vehicle for 5 yrs, and i can safely say its the best truck i've ever owned. i am 59 yrs old and trucks is all i've ever drove, and believe me i've had all of them. this one is at the top of the list, and i can promise you if i ever have to get another one it will be another ford 250 crew cab."

Don't Listen to all the haters

By on Saturday, October 20, 2007

"Everyone has said the 6.0 is junk.. So far mine has worked flawlessly. I installed a chip and an aftermarket exhaust and it is a monster. My 4X4 crew cab diesel on 20 inch wheels will run in the 13.90 range at the drag strip and still pull all day long. 50,000 troublefree miles so far and I expect it to continue to provide great service. My only problem has been keeping tires on the truck as I can't seem to keep my foot out of the gas pedal and I keep buring them up."

i like this truck

By on Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pros: "super ride at highway speeds, great for towing"

Cons: "expensive routine service"

"I hear horror stories but mine has been good. Replaced egr cooler and oil cooler at 135,000 miles for $2200. My mechanic recommended stock ford parts and that is what I did. still pure stock and runs fine. I get 17-18 mpg and I think I will keep it for a long time."

I love my Ford

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

"This is my second F-250 and I am ordering my third. I run a construction business and I need dependability every day rain or shine. Ford delivers."

I love this truck!

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pros: "mechanically sound, great longevity on tires and b"

"I have heard the complaints of the 6.0L Diesel but I seriously have had zero problems with this truck. I have towed a 20' long enclosed trailer all over the southeast loaded with 4 motorcycles; I've been off road in the mountains; I've driven on 1000 mile trips. She just keeps on purring. I get approx 17mpg/ 20mpg hwy. I got 80K miles on the factory tires and 120K miles on the brakes. Well worth the money I paid for it."

Be careful

By on Saturday, May 29, 2010

"Owned truck only 6 months and currently faced with $7500 repair bill. Fuel oil in coolant. Had to put in new front axle, since hubs where bad. Every owner of a 250-350 I've talked to has had to put in new front hubs starting at 70,000miles. Looking at trading it in , but was told Ford delears do not want the 6.0's. Has good power. Truck seems to need to work hard to last, due to egr, converter - not for just driivng around town"

By on Saturday, December 27, 2008

"In one yr I have put 6 coils, fuel pump, among other running problems. A total of 3 thousand dollars. The worst truck that I have owned. My last truck, Chevrolet, had 300,000 miles with no problems. Should have kept the Chev."

PROBLEMS ALREADY

By on Saturday, May 03, 2008

"I have a 07 Crew Cab 4x4 w/ 6.0 PSD. I found out about all the problems AFTER I bought it. I was hoping to get one of the "good ones". No such luck. After only 6,500 miles and driving it very cautiously, it just developed a main seal leak in the engine. Dealer has had it for a week and still not fixed. You would think you would get a quality vehicle after spending > $40K. I think I will trade it in for a Tundra as soon as I get it back, if someone or a dealer will be willing to buy it? I will probably get hammered on the trade or resale. I guess I learned my lesson to do the research up front. What you hear about these 6.0 PSD's is true. asw"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F250 Super Duty Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals