• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2001 Ford F250 Super Duty Regular Cab

Based on 1261 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

Disappointed

By on Friday, October 12, 2007

"The 6.0 turbo diesel is unreliable, I bouught it new and have been meticulous about care and service intervals. I was towing a two horse trailer (with horses( and it the engine cut out as I was making a turn. Braking and turning is difficult when you have no engine power. Then I read on the internet that this engine was known to cut out with no warning.HMMMM...seems that could be dangerous, why was there no recall? At the same time it when it would cut out with no warning it would surge forward 8 to 10 feet, at a stop light even with my foot heavy on the brake. It has been in the shop more than 30 days at one time. Until now I have been a loyal Ford fan. I have heard that some owners love this truck and it is never in the shop, and then there are people like me that find it always in the shop and unreliable."

junk

By on Sunday, October 07, 2007

"this has to have been the worst diesel i have ever owned , i have had 7 all from ford and the 6.0 is trash i recomend that ford carries on wit the 7.3 which was in my former truck which i had for 8 years and had 341000 miles on it , this motor has been junk from the start i have replaced the turbo's twice the injectors twice the motor has had to have been rebuilt 2 times in only 80000 miles this is my second trany from new and today i pulled out in front of a lady kicked it down and i felt it slip , come on i am a ford man till the end but this was one thing gone bad"

EXTREMELY RELIABLE

By on Saturday, June 14, 2014

"THIS HAS BEEN A GREAT TRUCK, VERY RELIABLE, THE 7.3 LITRE DIESEL IS BULLET PROOF."

2002 Ford Super Duty

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pros: "Very well made"

Cons: "Rides a little stiff"

"I bought this truck new, and I have been more than happy with it. It averages 13.7 miles per gallon in town driving and can get 17 miles per gallon on the road. I have owned several Fords trucks in the past and this is the best truck that I have ever owned."

Best truck ever just got a new 2012

By on Saturday, November 03, 2012

Pros: "great poqwer and comfort"

Cons: "gas hog."

"Love this truck hate to see it go , but hey,, got a new one , my only issue is that the new one is a 6.2...ouch. i am a flooring contractor and some time on gym demolitions i use a bobcat . it tows it up hills like nothing is hooked to it . i live in the high desert and some winter starts have been an issue with the 7.3 but hay 340K ,,,,, if the wife would not nag id still have it!!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F250 Super Duty Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals