• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2001 Ford F250 Super Duty Regular Cab

Based on 1256 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

Best truck. Owned 17 yrs

By on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Pros: "Tough truck. Towed anything. Held up very well"

Cons: "no cons"

"Has been a great truck. Once 175,000 miles were on truck had to spend some money on repairs but nothing serious and did expect some repairs. All in all been a great truck"

Very powerful bad fuel mileage

By on Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Pros: "power, great for towing, sits high"

Cons: "poor mpg"

"Great truck will move anything that my diesel will it just wont get as good of fuel mileage. The only real problm i have had with it is the vacuum locking hubs do not work so now i just keep the hubs locked in. I drove though a snow storm with 1 cord of wood in the back in 2wd and got home no problem. Even with 4wd workig i still put some weight in the back you wont beleve what trucks can go though with weight in the back of them"

second one I've owned

By on Friday, February 20, 2015

Pros: "great pulling power."

Cons: "poor gas mileage."

"I originally bought this vehicle for my wife as a tow vehicle. I picked the F250 over the 150 mainly for the heavy duty brakes since she was hauling a heavy three horse trailer. It has been an excellent vehicle in almost every way. It has the V10 engine which has huge torque. However gas mileage is pretty bad. About 8 to 9 mpg.we had it in California for 14 years but recently drove it across the country in our move to Georgia. On that trip we hit a high of 14 mpgs. No chronic problems ever with this truck. Some minor problems; all four power door locks have failed and it's a thousand dollar repair. And the radio failed. Bought a used replacement on Ebay but it isn't much better. The car has been outside for it's entire life but the white finish still looks great. Interior has also held up well."

Best P/U I have ever owned.

By on Monday, February 16, 2015

Pros: "Runs like it just came out o the dealers show room"

"V10 engine, PS, PW, ABS Brakes, Power seat, Sliding Rear window, Tilt Wheel, Tow Package, Bed Liner, AM/FM/CD stereo,"

2000 F-250 wlth Powerstroke

By on Monday, February 16, 2015

Pros: "Well built"

Cons: "Engine oise, straight front axle,"

"Disappointing, to say the least. Owned a 92 F-250 4x4 previously. Engine noise inside the cab diminished to almost nothing at driving speeds, this 2000 truck has excessive engine noise under acceleration which makes conversation difficult, and obliterates the radio at normal volume. Ford switched from the Twin I-beam (Twin Traction Beam)independent front suspension back to a straight axle. The twin I-beam drove like a car, this truck with the straight front axle drives like a large truck, steering feel is reduced and requires continuous correcting, even after alignment. Fuel mileage is good for a 6800 lb vehicle, Transmission is excellent including manual 2nd gear start for slick conditions."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F250 Super Duty Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals