• Editors' Page: 2014 Pickup Trucks
2007 Ford F250 Super Duty Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

Had Better

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "Runs smooth, good transmission,"

Cons: "turbo, EGR, head studs, radiator, intercooler, mpg"

"Ok, this truck has been nothing but trouble for me. The 6.0 Powerstroke is a joke. I should've never sold my 7.3! Although the 6.0 runs smoother, when it runs, there are too many things that go wrong with it. I had the truck for 6 weeks and the transmission fluid sending unit went out, which was replaced under warranty. No problems with tranny since. At 110,000 miles the EGR went out 3 times, removed it and installed EGR delete kit. Next was the head gasket which left me stranded on the side of the road with my boat in tow. Tow cost around $700 from Nacogdoches, TX to Houston. To replace the heads, radiator, intercooler, new head gasket, ARP head bolts plus labor was around $8,000. Have replaced #6 injector twice and #7 once. Injection Control Pressure regulator replaced twice. And the fuel mileage is 12-16 at best."

Great Truck

By on Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pros: "Great truck, Dependable."

Cons: "MPG gets about 12 - 15 mpg city & 18 highway"

"Have had NO problem with this truck! As a former diesel mechanic I do the maintenance myself. New updated oil cooler, new updated egr cooler. Oil and coolant bypass filters. Transmission is strong, never any problem starting or running, I haul heavy loads from time to time cross country, NO problems. I corrected all the weak links as listed above including blue spring upgrade for fuel pressure. So far have not had any head gasket problems but i dont race the truck either. The 6.0L diesel is a good engine if properly maintained. I run Rotella synthetic T-6 oil (5 W 40)in engine. flush cooling system and refill with fresh ford GOLD collant every 2 years, and keep by pass filters changed every other 2nd oil change. Maintenance is the key!! These upgrades should have been paid for by International or Ford as well as the stretched head bolt problem. This is expensive to have to pay to have it done! In my case it was my time and the cost of the materials, still expensive!"

Awesome truck

By on Thursday, February 26, 2009

"This was my second F250, my first being an '04. The truck is very strong, and tows my 34ft. 10k fifth wheel camper like it's not even there. Transmission is smooth and tight. Powerstroke engine is also smooth, although louder than it's competitors. My only complaint with the drive train is the turbo-lag; the powerstroke doesn't make much power at all until the turbo spools up. Once it does, though... look out! The truck is definitely a well-built truck. The heavy frame soaks up the bumps with no shimmy. The interior is nice looking although some pieces don't seem to fit together properly. It does take a 40 acre field to turn this baby around, much more than my new truck (Dodge 2500). The mileage is okay; 12 in town and almost 20 hwy if I go real slow. If you want a strong, heavy truck for real towing, I don't think you can beat it. My only other complaint is the cruise control is the worst I have ever seen. It was the same in my 04 F250. You may be going 5 miles an hour faster or slower than your set speed at any given time, and no, that's not towing; that's an empty truck. If you set it climbing a hill on the interstate and let off the fuel you will get run over, then you will burn 3 gallons of diesel to get back to your set speed and well beyond. It's a pain and it shouldn't be that way in a 50k truck. But despite these minor aggravations, I would buy another one (but only with lots of incentives)."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo....

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted

I'd like to receive useful tips, tools and resources via email from Kelley Blue Book.