• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2006 Ford F250 Super Duty Crew Cab

8.4

Based on 466 Ratings for the 2005 - 2007 models.

Bad engine

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"Poor reliability is what the 6.0l ford diesel is known for. Engine had to be rebuilt at 29000 miles."

Great Overall Truck

By on Monday, September 10, 2007

"I held out for the '05 model to get the newer interior/exterior, Tow Command system, updated suspension and other improvements. I am glad I did. This Crew Cab Lariat Long Box is my everyday family driver, along with my work truck in one package. We take it on family trips as it is comfortable and we feel safe in the "beast". The ride is firm, but not abrasive (as a truck should be). The fuel mileage is increasing as the miles increase. It ran great stock and runs even better with a mild tuner (with safety features), exhaust and intake kitI have never got less than 13.5 MPG (empty/city) and now am up to 14.75 MPG consistently (empty/city). HWY MPG ranges from 16.5-19 MPG and towing our 30' travel tralier yields an average of 10 MPG, while pulling it effortlessly. It pulls strong and is quiet, especially when on the HWY at cruising speeds. The automatic tranny and Tow Command System works flawlessy and is the smoothest trailer break setup I have ever used. I feel the TorqueShift tranny is comporable to the Chevy Allison transmission. I have had none of the problems associated with the earlier 6.0L models, only a couple of minor things that never left me stranded and were effortlessly taken care of under warranty. Very few complaints on this truck; I found the white paint chips easily (compared to my last Ford), despite keeping excellent care of the truck (very little time off-road). Quality is very good overall, but would expect when paying this kind of money for a truck they would be completely flawless. Overall, it's a great truck that I plan to drive for 15 more years. All fluids are changed out to synthetic and I look forward to many more years that the truck will be part of the family, trouble free. I feel these Ford's are the best looking trucks and still have the most rigid undercarriage of any other full size truck on the market and would highly recommend one to others."

great vehicle

By on Monday, September 10, 2007

"I am a manager for a large construction company. so I can tell when a product is built with quality and this truck meets all the criteria to be in our fleet."

Worst vehicle ever

By on Monday, September 10, 2007

"72 days in shop!!!! Lemon."

By on Sunday, September 09, 2007

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F250 Super Duty Crew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals