• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2006 Ford F250 Super Duty Crew Cab

8.4

Based on 470 Ratings for the 2005 - 2007 models.

Awesome truck

By on Thursday, February 26, 2009

"This was my second F250, my first being an '04. The truck is very strong, and tows my 34ft. 10k fifth wheel camper like it's not even there. Transmission is smooth and tight. Powerstroke engine is also smooth, although louder than it's competitors. My only complaint with the drive train is the turbo-lag; the powerstroke doesn't make much power at all until the turbo spools up. Once it does, though... look out! The truck is definitely a well-built truck. The heavy frame soaks up the bumps with no shimmy. The interior is nice looking although some pieces don't seem to fit together properly. It does take a 40 acre field to turn this baby around, much more than my new truck (Dodge 2500). The mileage is okay; 12 in town and almost 20 hwy if I go real slow. If you want a strong, heavy truck for real towing, I don't think you can beat it. My only other complaint is the cruise control is the worst I have ever seen. It was the same in my 04 F250. You may be going 5 miles an hour faster or slower than your set speed at any given time, and no, that's not towing; that's an empty truck. If you set it climbing a hill on the interstate and let off the fuel you will get run over, then you will burn 3 gallons of diesel to get back to your set speed and well beyond. It's a pain and it shouldn't be that way in a 50k truck. But despite these minor aggravations, I would buy another one (but only with lots of incentives)."

Best looking, hardest working truck.

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pros: "most truck for the money."

Cons: "havent found any yet."

"have many many hard miles on truck and not one single problem. bought used at 130k miles and now over 200 not a single problem."

Great Overall Truck

By on Monday, September 10, 2007

"I held out for the '05 model to get the newer interior/exterior, Tow Command system, updated suspension and other improvements. I am glad I did. This Crew Cab Lariat Long Box is my everyday family driver, along with my work truck in one package. We take it on family trips as it is comfortable and we feel safe in the "beast". The ride is firm, but not abrasive (as a truck should be). The fuel mileage is increasing as the miles increase. It ran great stock and runs even better with a mild tuner (with safety features), exhaust and intake kitI have never got less than 13.5 MPG (empty/city) and now am up to 14.75 MPG consistently (empty/city). HWY MPG ranges from 16.5-19 MPG and towing our 30' travel tralier yields an average of 10 MPG, while pulling it effortlessly. It pulls strong and is quiet, especially when on the HWY at cruising speeds. The automatic tranny and Tow Command System works flawlessy and is the smoothest trailer break setup I have ever used. I feel the TorqueShift tranny is comporable to the Chevy Allison transmission. I have had none of the problems associated with the earlier 6.0L models, only a couple of minor things that never left me stranded and were effortlessly taken care of under warranty. Very few complaints on this truck; I found the white paint chips easily (compared to my last Ford), despite keeping excellent care of the truck (very little time off-road). Quality is very good overall, but would expect when paying this kind of money for a truck they would be completely flawless. Overall, it's a great truck that I plan to drive for 15 more years. All fluids are changed out to synthetic and I look forward to many more years that the truck will be part of the family, trouble free. I feel these Ford's are the best looking trucks and still have the most rigid undercarriage of any other full size truck on the market and would highly recommend one to others."

Love this truck!

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

"The big 450 engine gets us everywhere we want to go. The engine will still be going long after the body rusts off. There are lots of cosmetic problems that I wish Ford had improved, but the engine is fantastic. I love this truck. We're almost at 300,000 miles and still going!"

Best Vehicle I have ever owned

By on Sunday, January 10, 2010

"Bought the vehicle new. I usually only keep a pickup 2 years but love the comfort and way this pickup rides as I have had my back broken in several places. This is the only vehicle I can ride in 6+ hours and still walk. My fuel mileage is great for this size trk. 19 to 22 mph highway and 14mph pulling a travel trailer or horse trailer. Love this pickup. I have owned it 5 years."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F250 Super Duty Crew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals