• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2014 Ford F150 SuperCrew Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $30,527 - $31,602.

10/8.1

Based on 720 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

EcoBoost makes this an excellent overall vehicle

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Pros: "Excellent power, good milage, outstanding ride"

Cons: "Console interior doesnt have movable shelving"

"I own this truck, have 9,000 miles on it. 3,000 have been towing trailers, 800 miles was towing an eight thousand pound RV. ECOBOOST power and torque handle the fifth wheel without issue, including pulling up very long, steep inclines. Likes the 65 to 70 range, which is sufficient when towing such weight. While I lost 1 mpg due to the 3.31 rear end and max towing set-up, I still experience 17-18 hyway and 14.5 in town. Quality is excellent, and the interior of the F-150 is well designed. Looks outstanding. Increased passenger room in the rear of the supercab. I stepped down from a 2009 F-250 to this 2014 F-150, and while the F-250 easily has more power with the turbo diesel, the Ecoboost F-150 has more than sufficient power and is far easier to drive in and around town. Handling is excellent, ride is excellent, seating is extremely comfortable. Would be nice to have a driver side assist handle when entering vehicle, as even the F-150 4x4 cab has height. Very satisfied with this vehicle."

Very happy with this vehicle

By on Saturday, February 21, 2015

Cons: "Gas Mileage"

"I would definitly purchase another Ford truck"

Excellent truck

By on Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pros: "Very comfortable"

Cons: "don't like electronic turn signals."

"My 58th car. Probably my 8th F150. Have had new Silverados and Sierras, but always go back to the F150. Just got back from driving eleven hours straight...very comfortable, got 19.4 mpg with cruise set at 77 mph most of the way. Have gotten 21-21.5 when driving long distance at 62-65 mph. Thats with 5.0 engine and 4x4."

Best vehicle I have owned

By on Wednesday, February 11, 2015

"Most reliable vehicle I have owned. Decent gas mileage for a truck. Gets plenty of use towing/hauling without any issues. Design is good for when it was made but now slightly dated. It's pretty comfortable and rides great, especially for a truck."

3.7 is a great engine

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pros: "Looks, towing and power"

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better"

"I was a little skeptic on buying a full size truck wth a V6 but this motor is all I need. I tow a 22 ft camper that weighs 4500# and I got my wife, two kids and all our gear and this thing has no issues pulling it."

Great road trip vehicle

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pros: "reliable, comfortable, off road ability, safety"

Cons: "parking in tight places,"

"As a weekend warrior - with house projects, camper and towing heavy loads - my car based SUV started to have issues. Got the F150 SuperCrew - with the 5.7 foot bed. The truck is awesome for road trips or just running to the lumber yard. Towed at capacity several times for extended distances - handled 28' camper well. Handled towing tractors (mid size Kubota). Would I change anything? If I could do it over - I'd get the supercrew with the 6.5 bed. Gas mileage for the 5.0 V8 - 13.8 mpg in winter (city driving) 14.7 mpg highways - this with snow tires and cap+ 200 pounds of weight. Summer gas mileage city - 17 mpg. I got 19.5 mpg on highways. Best ever on road trips was 21 mpg. Towing I get 10 - 12 mpg - depending on load and terrain."

Good value, power and "work-ability"

By on Sunday, February 08, 2015

Pros: "almost everything."

Cons: "Hard to get into, purchased separate step rails."

"Have an f-150 XLT, standard cab, commercial/Fleet version with towing package, purchased used with 21,000 miles. This is the best "Half-ton" pickup I've ever owned (hauled several 1 ton+ loads gravel, rode like a Cadillac -Err, Lincoln I mean). Has a really good compromise of power and gas mileage (360 HP out of a 5 liter block is amazing, more than my '96 'Vette with a 5.7). Getting between 17 an 22 MPG on a constant basis (empty) with sports car acceleration when needed. Maybe because it's a commercial model the ride is a bit stiffer than other similar pickups I've driven, although not necessarily a bad thing, loaded it drives nice. Brakes are solid without UN-intended snap stops (my wife's car will put you into the steering wheel if unfamiliar with the brake pedal). My only real issue with the truck is I've damaged both arms in an accident and am shorter than most, getting into the seat was a real chore at times, I ended up installing chrome "nerf" style side step rails, so much easier now (ford should make these standard, even average sized guys with no issues still have to pull themselves into the cab), I also now carry behind the seat (love the amount of storage behind the seat) a small 3 foot aluminum step ladder to get into the bed if needed, this model has No "Man-Step". I give this pickup a SOLID 9 out of ten minus the height problem. Love my Truck."

Paint flaked off after 2 years

By on Thursday, February 05, 2015

Pros: "rides well"

"Paint flaked off between cab and bed after 1 and a half years and dealership or Ford company would not do anything about it."

Great Truck!

By on Sunday, February 01, 2015

"Upside: Stylish, reliable, comfortable All the bells and whistles I could ask for Downside: EcoBooster Gas Mileage not as good as promised (still very good for the power)"

Not bad truck

By on Thursday, January 29, 2015

Pros: "Good brakes, good steering, good appearance"

Cons: "Gas mialage, low gearing, bad torque curve"

"Thought when i bought the truck it had limited slip differential, was wrong, so its worthless on loose gravel pulling a boat. The drivers side rear door you have to slam to get it properly closed or it rattles. Doors squeek do to poor fit with rubber gaskets. When you close the doors the drivers and passanger seat shake like they arent bolted down or are on a rubber spring. No low end torque, power only comes on after 3500 rpm. Weird gear ratio, can go 90 mph in 3rd gear, so the rest of the 6 speed seems tall. In SC alot of hills, continuous shifting 4,5,6,5,4 gears. Rated 21 mpg hwy. there is no way in heck that is realistic unless you always drive down a hill. The oem 18 inch tires michelin were basically car tires and only lasted 25,000 miles, . Radio speakers trash at 10,000 miles. this truck is basically a grocery getter. Bought new, lost over $18,000 in value the first year which is unbelieveable. With better gearing, lower engine rpm with more torque, realistic mpg, better fit and finish and needs to retain better resale value. Over all its not a bad truck, less my concerns listed above."