• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2014 Ford F150 SuperCrew Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $30,281 - $31,504.

10/8.1

Based on 745 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

very good vehicle

By on Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Pros: "Very good truck overall. Well built."

Cons: "Bed needs to be a little longer."

"Most comfortable and best handling truck I have ever owned. Very good gas mileage and plenty of power"

Strong Capable Large Pickup, Passable MPG

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

Pros: "Excellent heavy hauler, strong off-road"

Cons: "no cabin air filtratoin."

"The 2012 F-150 (3.7L V-6 engine, fuel injected with no turbocharger) Regular Cab with 8-foot bed has been equipped with Linex(r) Spray-In Lining and a Leer Camper Cap with color matched fiberglas construction. Around town, it gets a pretty reliable 15-16MPG depending on driving style, with no real load, in-town driving with frequent stops. On the highway in medium traffic on roughly 100-mile drives over mixed terrain, the maximum mileage was just under 21MPG. This is a very heavy truck as well as a heavy-duty truck. This is made for work and for hauling, it's for business rather than pleasure, although it is quite comfortable to drive and came standard with air-conditioning and a very good sound system. Off-road on mixed rock-and-dirt ATV trails, and on-road in heavy snow, this has been an extremely capable truck. It has started reliably even in temperatures of zero-F degrees. It is also an excellent highway cruiser. It feels safe and well-controlled at 70MPH on the interstate highways. This is a tall heavy truck. It is not made for fast turns and irresponsible driving. This is meant to haul loads. There is a traction-control system which works in part by cutting engine power, very disconcerting if you are the sort of person who wants to corner quickly by applying over-power to launch controlled skids. Towing a trailer weighing 3000+ pounds was not a problem at all for this vehicle, even crossing interstate mountain pass routes. The truck was able to tow the load uphill at 55MPH, although at times it had to drop down into 4th gear, the direct-drive gear. With the tow-hauling package selected "on", descending hills is as easy as climbing them. The 3.7L V-6 engine is very strong throughout its range, and has a red-line at 7000 RPM. Best performance for power is from about 2K-RPM to 6K-RPM. Best performance for mileage is about 1K-RPM to 2.5K-RPM. The stock exhaust system is quite large for very free exhaust gases flow and it can be somewhat loud when the engine is operating at high RPM. The transmission has 6 forward speeds, with gear 4 being direct drive and with 5 being fairly overdriven and with gear 6 being for speeds of about 53MPH and above. At any speed above about 30MPH the transmission can go into gear 5 but this is with significant slippage at the torque converter and you might get better mileage and performance by manually selecting gear 4. The transmission can require a period of adaptation on the part of the driver. At many speeds, depending on throttle position, the vehicle could operate in any of as many as 4 or 5 gears. If you drive at 30MPH and give wide-open throttle, this could drop down to gear 1 which will give top acceleration, which may not have been intended. The transmission shifts down very quickly and will respond according to throttle position. If you are driving 30MPH and give half-throttle, you should drop down only to gear 2 or 3, which will give good acceleration within reasonable parameters for close-spaced driving conditions such as interstate on-ramps. However, once you understand the transmission's operation, this is a very sweet vehicle to drive, in terms of throttle/gear control. The 4-wheel drive is extremely capable but still has the traditional "Ford 4-wheel Reverse Problem". When turning in 4-wheel drive in reverse, the freedom of movement is related to how hard the front wheels are turned away from straight. Keep this in mind as you drive off-road. This heavy tall vehicle is also long, and does not have a very tight turning radius. Be sure to leave yourself plenty of room to back-and-fill, and remember that you cannot make very tight turns as you might with some older and smaller light 4WD pickups. One good thing about the large turning radius, it's hard to roll over in this vehicle due to steering too tight. Consider it an added safety feature. This is an excellent truck all around and I would recommend it to anyone needing a good all-weather/most-terrain work truck. The only drawback may be significant to some potential buyers: there is no cabin-air filtration available from Ford and there is no aftermarket kit for this model year. Despite this being an otherwise excellent truck, if I had known that you can't get filtered cabin air, it would have been a deal-breaker. Ford needs to fix this, especially since many of these trucks can reasonably be expected to operate frequently in high-dust/high-pollen environments. Still, if you don't mind sneezing now and then, this is a BUY."

First pickup I have owned, love it

By on Sunday, July 27, 2014

Pros: "the Eco-Boost has awesome torque"

Cons: "mileage is disappointing"

"Bought this truck new 2 years ago, it now has 25000 miles on it & has been back to dealership for oil changes only. No warranty claims, no leaks, no rattles, the perfect truck"

Absolute Best Truck Ever Owned

By on Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pros: "Great driving truck."

"Great Truck. Smooth ride comfortable interior with plenty of room. 4x4 works great have had 0 problems in the little over a year I have owned it."

Best ever Pickup

By on Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pros: "Great mileage, ride & power , fit & finish- great"

Cons: "King Ranch option is high priced. but worth it."

"Really love this truck , as with the 5.0 V8. it has great power and sound , mileage is good and I get a real life 17-19mpg in city or hwy. very quite & smooth ride. No problems what so ever in 30,000 miles. The only thing I do not care for is the traction control over ride - in the fact it defaults back to ON when ever the truck is shut off. I feel this truck is superior to all others on the market. I love the 5.0 V8 and will stay with that engine in my next one. Finish is perfect . It is what to expect in a truck that coast this much. Really love the exhaust note- Ford did their homework on this one."

Best running, most confortable truck ever.

By on Monday, October 13, 2014

"This is the most agile, best running, best towing truck that I have owned or had any dealings with. My truck is a 4X4. I have a friend with a identical truck that is a two wheel drive with a rear axle lock. He seems to be able to go anywhere that I can. His truck seems to track and ride better than my truck with about two more mpg. I have owned this truck 3 years with absolutely no issues"

I have absolutely loved this truck

By on Saturday, September 27, 2014

Pros: "absolutely everything but the tires"

Cons: "expensive tire sizing"

"over the past 40 years I have bought 14 trucks new (chevy & ford only) this has been my favorite. In second place was a 79 ford super cab. Prior to this truck I had a 2006 silverado which was a good truck. This ford is quieter, smoother, the 6 speed tranny always keeps you at the right RPM, and, when I hook on my 3 horse trailer this truck has better side to side and front to back stability. The small v8 is more than adequate for how much and often I tow but would need an upgrade to the larger engine if I towed more. Can't say enough about how much I have/do like/d this truck. Has unbelievable room in the back seat. Only downside is that for once in my life when I go and look at new trucks now I just can't generate any enthusiasm about buying one. Oh, and I will comp[lain about the totally unnecessary 275 55R20 tires that are exorbitant to replace. And the pirelli scorpions that came on it were total garbage. I have Nitto Crosstek tires on now and they have been pretty good."

Fantastic Truck

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "Looks, power, reliability, resale,"

Cons: "Mileage - needs larger cupholders :), pricey"

"Ford has really hit the nail on the head with this truck. I got the 5.0 V8 and it is really smooth and powerful. Better than the 5.4 they used before. Also, it drives well, has lots of room, and totally reliable."

Great truck

By on Saturday, May 10, 2014

Pros: "Great to drive"

Cons: "Poor gas mileage!"

"Good ride, Like the electric power steering, The electric cooling fans make it quieter. The sync system is much improved over my 2004. Performance is better with the eco-boost than the 5.4 v-8 I had before. The big down side is gas mileage, 14 local, 17 hiway. Dealer says it will get better with more miles on it but I'm about to give up. We love this truck!"

Excellant Pickup

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pros: "Good mileage, great on snow and ice."

"I am very happy with this vehicle."